Demonstrators Ie Transparent Ones

Pen Nut

ok ......but that inflammatory & judgmental word of 'broken' does strike me when I look at that second pen. It seems to have been a mosiac at some time then bits have fallen off. Ah well thank God we dont take ourselves that seriously on here.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pen Nut

• saskia_madding

• traderdude01

• Brian K

... and reminds me of a beautiful woman wearing a dress made of shrink wrap covered in glue and glitter.

Beautiful you say? Yeah... I'm not seeing a problem here... :ltcapd:

The problem could be solved by getting rid of the shrinkwrap, leaving the glue and glitter.... :eureka:

:thumbup: Yeh, shrinkwrap tends to flatten and distort some stuff.

i've always liked how demonstrators looked, but i could never buy one once i put some practical thought to it. imho i can't justify spending a chunk of change that looks like a toy. i do, however, own a blue demonstrator that somehow passes under that radar, and REALLY like the look of smoke demonstrators and amber sections/ink windows/barrels but i would be hard pressed to pull the trigger on one of those right now. personally, i like the idea of having a very limited number of pens in my rotation, each with a different purpose or "specialty".

I really like the look of demonstrators but unfortunately, after buying a Pilot Prera demonstrator I have realised that I am too obsessed with making the pen look clean to get another demonstrator.

To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.

... and reminds me of a beautiful woman wearing a dress made of shrink wrap covered in glue and glitter.

Beautiful you say? Yeah... I'm not seeing a problem here... :ltcapd:

The problem could be solved by getting rid of the shrinkwrap, leaving the glue and glitter.... :eureka:

:thumbup: Yeh, shrinkwrap tends to flatten and distort some stuff.

Actually, someone has already offered a Demonstrator Woman, and I'm surprised I'm the first one to put up an image:

http://ravensmarch.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/cm-viwoman.jpg

Purty!

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

Ever wonder how threads end up where they do !!!! :doh:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Now this is what I call a skeleton !

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/Pen-Nut/gate1.jpg

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/Pen-Nut/gate.jpg

It's a bit gaudy for my taste, but you've aroused my curiosity. What pen is this, Pen Nut?

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

It's a bit gaudy for my taste, but you've aroused my curiosity. What pen is this, Pen Nut?

MONTBLANC BANDENBURGER TOR SKELETON 18K GOLD PEN #34/89LIMITED EDITION

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/Pen-Nut/gate2.jpg

Edited by Pen Nut

Thanks, Pen Nut. The Brandenburg Gate pen certainly is beautiful, but it is a bit over the top and showy for me so I think it's unlikely I would ever carry/use it and (even if I could afford such a grand instrument) I am unlikely to own a pen I wouldn't/couldn't use.

Thanks for sharing the lovely images of this incredible specimen.

Brian

Edited by Brian K

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

I'm not big on demonstrators, either - I agree that they look a bit cheap. They seem more like a novelty item, and maybe that's the niche they fill.

But I also admit that I've never seen or written with one that's been inked-up. In time I could see owning one, but I agree with others on this thread who have said they would probably never have a collection comprised solely of demonstrators. :rolleyes:

Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company.  ~Lord Byron

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. I love my three clear Noodler's and my two clear Platinum Preppys, and given the chance to I'd definitely buy some old demonstrators.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

I'm not a huge demonstrator fan, but I've been emptying and flushing my Ariel Kullock 51 Vac for a couple of weeks just to to watch it refill :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Cheers, Ted

I'm not a huge demonstrator fan, but I've been emptying and flushing my Ariel Kullock 51 Vac for a couple of weeks just to to watch it refill :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Cheers, Ted

I know what you mean. When I fill my clear Ahab I love watching on the second push in.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

I like demonstrators, but not all demonstrators.

In many cases the demonstrators version will be more expensive. So it should offer something more to the buyer. I do not even think the showing ink or showing mechanism is my major reason to buy a demonstrator. The demonstrators I buy should be aesthetically beautiful. Unfortunately, not every pen' demonstrator version is guaranteed as a beauty. Some pens looks much better with color. I am recently interested in Pelikan and want to have my first one. After focusing on the M1005 for quite long time, I am still not sure about the beauty of this pen.

It looked bloody awful and rather than representing a good buy at close on £400 it looked like a kid had won it on a fairground.

It's bloody awful at that price! For £400 I think I could've gotten two 1005s...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

It looked bloody awful and rather than representing a good buy at close on £400 it looked like a kid had won it on a fairground.

It's bloody awful at that price! For £400 I think I could've gotten two 1005s...

I would love to know where you can get 1005's for £200 each.

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I would love to know where you can get 1005's for £200 each.

greg

+1. Get me one for £200 please. I will have it painted black or something.

• 1 year later...

I bought a few demo pens basically to learn about the internals of a (complicated) fountain pen. These are attractive to the curious but hated by those who don't want to learn because they are not confident that they will understand.

But these are good for daily use too. For example, for my Montblanc 149, I have to occasionally check about remaining ink by looking through the narrow window against good background light. At old age I find it straining to the eye. But my Pelikan , Platinum and Pilot demo pens do not trouble me like that. I can see the ink level while writing.

I have a dozen vintage Parker Vacumatics. But I really don't have knowledge of the exact functioning of the filling mechanism. Unfortunately, I could never spot a demo version of this pen. Could anybody tell me if any replica Vacs are made as demo version by any enthusiastic pen turner?

"These are attractive to the curious but hated by those who don't want to learn because they are not confident that they will understand"

How on Earth do you get to that !!! Deary deary me......