New And Upcoming Diamine Inks

Strang

I am disagreeing with the colour of the Denim in the scan. Both Sandy's review and my writing are significantly darker than shown above. Is that scan properly calibrated as it appears too bright.

Except for the exceptions listed in the original post, these colours appear here as on the page they were written.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strang

• fuchsiaprincess

• sadiemagic

• Amandaa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they should just drop 'em all and let us fight it out like a pack of lions going after a lame antelope.

^^^That's the 'tude! ^^^

Seriously, they are gorgeous colors. Grape is fairly astonishing with it darkness shading to, well, grape! Well done.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I'm loving the Eclipse that I recently purchased, though I'm still trying to decide exactly what color it is. Goulet Pens called it dark purple, but I was thinking blue-black. Anyone else tried the new colors for fall, and what do you think?

I think of the Eclipse as a black purple, or a purple black. To me, it looks nearly black with a fine nib. With a 1.1 italic, it looks like a very, very dark purple. It's an interesting shade, and I'm glad I tried it, but it's not one I loved personally

I tried the new Denim, which I really did like, but not enough to dethrone Diamine Midnight, to which it's very similar. I also tried the Macassar and reached a similar verdict: I liked it a lot, but not enough to replace either Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-guri or Diamine Chocolate Brown.

I'll just go ahead and add myself as an early fan of the Ancient Copper. Can't wait to get a bottle of that at my local pen and ink pusher.

I mean distributor.

I need Ancient Copper and Soft Mint! Eclipse looks intriguing, and I will order samples of it, along with samples of Sargasso Sea and Bilberry and maybe Strawberry. But Ancient Copper and Soft Mint... those are the ones I need.

When is the Ancient Copper slated for release? And the Sargasso Sea? I thought the latter isn't until mid-2012, but I can't remember what was posted about Ancient Copper. thanks for posting the scan!

Ancient Copper due for release in December, Sargasso Sea due in June of 2012.

Thanks for the info!

Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R.Tolkien

• 1 month later...

Strang, your scans are so much better at showing the subtle differences between the inks :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Strang, your scans are so much better at showing the subtle differences between the inks :thumbup: Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Soki. I should correct my list, it should say "Diamine Wild Strawberry" not "Diamine Strawberry".

I have a feeling there's going to be a major run on Ancient Copper based on all the comments here and previously, yours truly included. I hope Phil is mixing up an extra large vat, or whatever they use. Maybe two vats.

+1

Copper, Eclipse, Ochre, and Eau de Nil are interesting... If any are semi-waterproof like oxblood, I might be sorely tempted to pick one up...

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg Member since Sept 7, 2010

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado

Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood

Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

*sigh

My eyes are so hopeless: I spent a long moment trying to figure out why Diamine made a red ink called "Meadow" :(

-=-=-=-=-

I wonder which of Bilberry and Sargasso shades better, if at all?

Edited by Silent Speaker

*sigh

My eyes are so hopeless: I spent a long moment trying to figure out why Diamine made a red ink called "Meadow" :(

:roflmho:

-=-=-=-=-

I wonder which of Bilberry and Sargasso shades better, if at all?

Difficult to say as both are extremely saturated and very dark inks. I would have to say that Sargasso Sea night shade slightly more than Bilberry.

Edited by fuchsiaprincess
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Strang,

Thanks for posting the scan. Lots of beautiful new ink colors by Diamine. Have been using the Meadow in a Parker 51 pen for the last two weeks and have been very pleased with this ink.

Can't wait for the release of the other colors.

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

Oh yea! Ancient Copper is definitely going on my want list!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I'll be getting samples of several of them: Merlot, Matador, Saragasso, Eclipse, Ancient Copper, Bilberry and Meadow. The ones I'm most likely to end up getting full bottles of are Ancient Copper and Sargasso, and perhaps Merlot and/or Matador as well.

Gee, thanks Strang . . .

The LAST thing I thought I needed was another blue ink. Until this. Bilberry is a must. And Sargasso Sea. Then there's Denim . . . :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

JLT (J. L. Trasancos, Barneveld, NY)

"People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."

Hermann Hesse (1877 - 1962)

Bilberry and Sargasso Sea are musts for me...Ancient Copper...what's above a must? :embarrassed_smile: The shading on Ancient Copper looks amazing!

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg