Diamine Green Black

DanielCoffey

INK : DIAMINE GREEN BLACK

PAPER : RHODIA #16 A5 white lined

PEN : Onoto Magna 261 Medium nib tweaked for wet flow by John Sorowka (Oxonian).

Scanner : IT8-calibrated Epson V600 flatbed

Colour Space : Adobe RGB

Matte : 50% grey and 100% white

Post-process : Unsharp Mask

http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/fountainpennetwork/ReviewGreenBlack.jpg

Here is a close-up of the swab...

http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/fountainpennetwork/ReviewGreenBlackSwab.jpg

And a close-up of the shading!

http://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/fountainpennetwork/ReviewGreenBlackShade.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanielCoffey

• The Good Captain

• FLJeepGuy

• rjbull

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is by far my current favorite green ink. I love Diamine inks as nearly every one I've used has been well behaved with excellent flow and easy maintenance/cleanup. I first saw the green/black at the Atlanta pen show this year and it's been my go-to green ever since.

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

I think TheGoodCaptain will agree with you too - he started looking for a good mid green with high contrast and settled on this one. Same tone as the more restful umber but easier to read in a full page.

I think TheGoodCaptain will agree with you too - he started looking for a good mid green with high contrast and settled on this one. Same tone as the more restful umber but easier to read in a full page.

You are absolutely spot-on, as usual! I'd like to add that since my comment on G-B I've also started using the Evergreen in one of my pens which looks just a touch more business-like. So apart from Meddler's 'Broccoli' (due out and time now, under glass) those are my complete choice of 'greens'.

Contrast is important to me and Green-Black has it while still retaining its 'green' appearance.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I'm writing with it in a Paperchase 'Noto' journal, which is lightly-rebranded CIAK. The paper has a faint yellowish tinge, what they would probably call cream or ivory. The combination looks rather classy. Flow is good in my Lamy Nexx 1.1i, much better than the Diamine Twilight that I used immediately before with the same pen/paper combination.

thx for the review, DC! this is in my arsenal, but i prefer the PR Ebony Green much more.

it's interesting you notice a resemblance between this and the tone of Umber... i'll have to check. :hmm1:

ciao,

Looks like a lighter MBRG.

MBRG has a different tone to it as you can see if you check the comparison reviews and discussion of Diamine Racing Green.