Hello From Eastern Oregon

D.Gray

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dave and I live in Boardman, Oregon USA. I have been using fountain pens for almost a year now and really love how they write. Currently I own a "Lexington" made for and sold by Franklin-Covey, an inexpensive Cross, a Parker that came in a kit with some different colored ink cartridges and a converter, and lastly a Sheaffer caligraphy pen.

My other interests include photography, fishing, raising a family, and taking Sunday drives to explore the area around me (usually with a camera).

I work for the Army at the Umatilla Chemical Depot in Hermiston, Oregon (a site that will be closed in the next few years) as an ammunition inspector (conventional and chemical with emphasis on the later). I have watched our chemical stockpile here dwindle way down as we are in the process of destroying all of the stockpile we have on hand here.

Currently I am awaiting the arrival of a TWSBI 540 and all of the nib sizes for it as well as a Montblanc #320 and a bottle of "Five O'Clock Shadow" Noodler's Ink.

My wife now shall be getting more notes/letters/ramblings from me as I really like writing with fine writing implements.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from those with more experience than I (emphasis on the latter).

Dave

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D.Gray

• rcarlisle

• noctrl02

• HeartMan

Hi Dave! Welcome aboard. Now that we know what pens you have, what do you shoot with?

Thank you for the welcome.

I shoot with Pentax bodies (K7 or K20d) and mostly Pentax lenses; however, I am a big fan of my Sigma 'Bigma' which is a 50-500mm f 4-6.7 lens (my pentax bodies have a 1.5x crop factor so using the 'Bigma' gives me the 35mm equivalent to a 75-750mm focal length. I shoot wildlife, nature, landscapes, and flowers for fun and do Portrature and events for a fee as a side business.

Dave

Hello Dave, welcome to FPN!

I hope the photography means some great photos of your pens for us to see! Let us know how you like the TWSBI 540. I am going to wait until the italic nibs are available for the 540. I recently got a Cross Solo and l love how fine the nib is. It was made by Pilot in Japan so it is really what we call an extra-fine here in the States.

He came down from heaven and was made man.

fpn_1305512260__inkdroplogofpn.jpg member since May 15th, 2011

:W2FPN: Almost a year? I predict you will have more pens soon. And inks!

"... for even though the multitude may be utterly deceived, subsequently it usually hates those who have led it to do anything improper." Aristotle, Athenian Constitution, XXVIII:3 Loeb Edition

Hello and Welcome to FPN!!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome. Dave !

Heres to a good life. I hope we can enhance enjoyment of your pens.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. Enjoy your stay here! The Lexington is a nice inexpensive pen - and actually made by Cross.

Andy

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png