Essential Diamine Colors?

radellaf

Goulet is having a special on ink samples, and I have no Diamine colors. Well, I had an anemic yellow and orange many years back but sold those.

Just in _case_ there might be a hint of consensus, any votes for, say, the top 10-15 colors someone new to Diamine should definitely try?

I say new to just the brand since I have all the "workhorse" colors covered with Noodler's and the Mix Free set.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uzkntuocmw

• radellaf

• shaylenwilliams

• DanielCoffey

I really love Diamine Sherwood, a pleasing dark, but not too dark, green. I received a sample of Diamine Twilight and really enjoyed it, I have put it on my "next to buy" list.

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars" ~Henry Van Dyke

Trying to rescue and restore all the beautiful Esties to their purpose.

I like their Blue-Black and Green-Black a lot and also have Midnight, Majestic and Syrah. I'm not sure what I'll get next.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Personal favourites: sapphire, midnight, imperial blue, poppy red, ruby, violet, amaranth, saddle brown, sepia, golden brown, emerald.

Loving a lot of their colors, but Red Dragon is pretty much my favorite red (of all brands -- not just Diamine) -- a pen (or two) is always inked with it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg (member since 8/28/10) Current pens:fpn_1314757310__pen_logo_collage_083011_450_hr.jpg

I have about 15 different Diamine inks, and of those my favorites (that is, most used) are:

Asa Blue

Monaco Red

Oxblood

Prussian Blue

Sepia

Twilight

Umber

The Rustic Brown is very, very close in color to Oxblood. Diamine inks are excellent and if you find a color you like I don't think you can go wrong. I would also recommend you check out the Ink Review Index for some great reviews of all the above, plus others.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Oxblood, Dragon Red, Tropical Blue, Mediterranean Blue, Pumpkin

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I'm ready to order some Sherwood Green as well, and Syrah is very nice (though similar in color/tone to BSAR that I'll wait). But another +1 for Red Dragon. It's great ink and always comes out very high on people's "Favorite Red" list.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Mediterranean Blue, Umber, Prussian Blue

Another vote for those, plus Imperial Purple, Damson, and Syrah.

I just got the Imperial Purple (by mistake—I had just gotten a sample of Majestic Purple and meant to order that) and really like it. It's a nice rich purple color, slightly darker than the Majestic, and I'm glad I've got it. I also got my hands on some Diamine Evergreen, which I ordered after getting a sample of it. Both very nice inks and I look forward to using a lot of them.

If you assume 90% of what I say about the law is either naked self-promotion or zealous advocacy on behalf of my clients, then you'll never be disappointed. @mikewas

ACQUIRED! Levenger Seas/Sheaffer Connaisseur Tasman

Asa Blue, Evergreen, Red Dragon, Oxblood, Vermillion

In my current rotation:

Pelikan 400 Brown Tortoise/14K Fine/J. Herbin Cafe des Iles

Lamy 2000/14K Medium/Lamy Blue-Black

Sailor 1911 Large burgundy/21K Naginata Togi Medium/Diamine Oxblood

Montblanc 146/14K Fine/Montblanc Racing Green

Rosetta blue/Steel Pendelton cursive italic/Pelikan Royal Blue

Delta Passion/18K Broad/Diamine Syrah

Oxblood, Red Dragon, Blaze Orange, Hope Pink, Kelly Green

"Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

The Poor Connoisseurs

Kelly Green

Kelly Green is a lovely colour, but I'm not sure I'd like to see Diamine's pen friendliness judged by it...

In no special order:

Majestic Blue

Sherwood forest

Kensington Blue

Damson

Delamare green (but diamine has a lot of great green inks).

Midnight

Pumpkin

Ruby

Monaco red

Oxblood, Twilight, Midnight, Umber, Damson. I have several others, but these are the ones that will swiftly get replaced when the bottles run dry.

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." - Dorothy Parker (attributed)

I can't live without Red Dragon. Syrah and Twilight are very good, but Teal (a lovely colour) dries up in every pen I have tried it in.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"