The Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian

jar

Thank you for reminding us that the Grand Victorian is a truly mouth-watering piece of craftsmanship. There is something wonderful about that riveted clip.

"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• adyf

• reprieve

• SHK

Top Posters In This Topic

jar..you are killing me too !!

thank you for the review . YoL has been my target...for a LONG time ...

The BEST teacher don't give you the answers, they just point the way and you make your own choice - Will Schuester, GLEE

Since I do not have one of the standard size Viceroys is there any chance that you or someone else that has both could add a post with a side by side image for comparison?

Here are some quick snaps. Sorry about the poor quality--they were taken with my cell phone. From left to write (ha ha): Corinthian, Grand Victorian, Standard Victorian.

fpn_1311440104__4.jpg

fpn_1311440010__1.jpg

The standard victorian doesn't look too disimilar in girth and overall size to the corinthian. Do you find this to be the case?

The standard victorian doesn't look too disimilar in girth and overall size to the corinthian. Do you find this to be the case?

Its length is very similar, but the Corinthian is wider than the Standard. It feels like a larger pen just because of that bit of extra width. Compared to the Grand, the Corinthian is much lighter in weight and is smaller overall. It's hard to pick a favorite! I will say that, at least for long writing sessions, I prefer the Corinthian: it's a nice compromise between the almost-too-skinny Standard and the almost-too-heavy Grand.

I received mine last saturday morning.

I can say that this is a stunning pen and looks in real better than on the images.

The Victorian pattern is very wonderful.

I love mine.

Its length is very similar, but the Corinthian is wider than the Standard. It feels like a larger pen just because of that bit of extra width. Compared to the Grand, the Corinthian is much lighter in weight and is smaller overall. It's hard to pick a favorite! I will say that, at least for long writing sessions, I prefer the Corinthian: it's a nice compromise between the almost-too-skinny Standard and the almost-too-heavy Grand.

Thanks for the reply. I somehow inagined the Corinthian to be similar in size to the Grand but as you say it's a nice compromise. I was certainly a little disappointed when I opened the box of my Standard to see how skinny it was.

Thanks for the reply. I somehow inagined the Corinthian to be similar in size to the Grand but as you say it's a nice compromise. I was certainly a little disappointed when I opened the box of my Standard to see how skinny it was.

Well, one of the next reviews in this series is a pen that will make your standard YOL Viceroy seem absolutely bloated.

Well, one of the next reviews in this series is a pen that will make your standard YOL Viceroy seem absolutely bloated.

What pen would that be?

What pen would that be?

Ah, one must wait to see, grasshopper.

But we will have to travel south again for the next few pens.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic review! Have the YOL Grand Viceroy in standard plain format and the Victorian Viceroy (but not the grand), but personally prefer the Grand Viceroy as is of a heftier weight and more pleasant to write with, in my opinion. My Victorian Viceroy is a bit too light in weight, still enjoyable but not as much as the Grand!

Edited by Fountainpenlover

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Any idea where a good place to buy one of these is? DO NOT BUY ONE from Pens And Leather. I paid them $600+ about 2 weeks ago and today they emailed me to say "we do not have any of these." Yet, as of right now, they still have 2 live postings on ebay AND live postings on amazon for this pen (YOL Grand Victorian). Then they emailed me and said they had one in stock that is a fine nib...despite my purchase of a medium. I agreed to take it--being reasonable-- but then they emailed me again to say they did not have any in stock after all. Lol. SO, back to line one; any idea where I can get one of these for less than the $850 I see from Pen Boutique on Amazon? Beautiful pen and I will pay full rate for it if necessary. But I am open to a deal. Thanks all.

I am happy to meet you. Please message me if you have any questions or want to be pen friends.