• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• BrandonA

• Calabria

• Tal Inbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Henry Kissinger used a Lamy 2000 (or at least he did when he signed something for me).

No. Way.

Neil Gaiman uses a Lamy 2000 for writing his books (there's a thread on this site), and I'm certain I saw both T.W. Adorno and his nemesis, Martin Heidegger, posing with 1960s MBs. I'll have to track those shots down...

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

No. Way.

Neil Gaiman uses a Lamy 2000 for writing his books (there's a thread on this site), and I'm certain I saw both T.W. Adorno and his nemesis, Martin Heidegger, posing with 1960s MBs. I'll have to track those shots down...

I would love to see photos of Adorno and Heidegger using MBs.

I would love to see photos of Adorno and Heidegger using MBs.

This is Heidegger. OK, I cannot identify the pen - I'm pretty sure it's an MB (in another picture you can see a little white spot on the cap top) from the 1960s (the picture was taken 1966-68).

fpn_1450807828__fullsizerender-11.jpg

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

No. Way.

Not clear what you meant when you wrote, "No. Way." with regard to Kissinger and a Lamy 2000. He autographed a picture for me and that's what was in his hand. I don't remember the date, but it was in the late 1980s-early 1990s.

Not clear what you meant when you wrote, "No. Way." with regard to Kissinger and a Lamy 2000. He autographed a picture for me and that's what was in his hand. I don't remember the date, but it was in the late 1980s-early 1990s.

sorry - I wasn't questioning the info - just surprised.

– Lin Yu-T'ang

This is Heidegger. OK, I cannot identify the pen - I'm pretty sure it's an MB (in another picture you can see a little white spot on the cap top) from the 1960s (the picture was taken 1966-68).

fpn_1450807828__fullsizerender-11.jpg

It is a 34.

Cheers

Michael

Not sure, but I believe Truman Capote used a MB. I know for sure that he did use a fountain pen for his novels.

I correct myself - he wrote mostly with a pencil.

Edited by Charles Rice