• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T. E. Samad

• Scrawler

• Deirdre

• Florida Blue

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if "collector" is the word, but Peter Straub, author of Ghost Story, writes his novels with fountain pens -- he even included an acknowledgement of the Visconti models he used in his 'lost boy, lost girl" novel.

Chris BohJalian edits his novels with a collection of fountain pens.

I would find it hard to believe that anyone with a sizable amount of discretionary income in France or Germany not have some fondness for FPs. It could be as in Arnold, being from Austria, or Johnny Depp, as a transplant to France. They must consider that some of the best pens in the world come from those 2 countries. Germany and Austria are synonymous in this case. Sylvester Stallone comes off as a thug, but I have a feeling that he is pretty astute when it comes to art and collecting fine instruments.

1 Homo Sapien BA Maxi & Mech Pencil, HS Misnight in Florence, 2 Van Goghs 1 Blue Ocean Midi S Nib/1 Cappuccino Midi 14k Trim, 3 MBs 149/144/221, 2 Wm Phileas 1 Blue w/ mech pencil, 1 Demo, 1 Snorkel Sent., 3 MVs Regatta/Invincia/Artista,2 EB J - BSP,I am Not Affiliated with any website, company or product I might mention on this site."

Deirdre, do you mean Arnold Schwarzenegger? You probably do. I wonder what he's up to these days, now that he's left politics...

Using his fountain pens to write big cheques to his lawyer to finalize the divorce settlement!

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

At least he knows how to hold a FP

Edited by DanielB

Quan el centre del món no ets ben bé tu (per més que en tinguis la il·lusió),

si et desvetllaven enmig de la nit, no vulguis preguntar-te per què vius:

distreu-te rosegant l'ungla d'un dit. [I beg your pardon, Salvador Espriu]

Tom Hanks was on the radio the other day talking about fountain pens (generically) and Moleskines. No idea if he collects though.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch" Orson Welles

Not sure if he is a collector but Colin Powell is a user. He uses one of Brad Torelli's exquisite pens.

Oprah collects pens? Really?

John Larroquette is my submission.

Apparently she has put several fountain pens on her favorite things lists in the past including the Visconti Taj Mahal LE pen. Caran D'ache's Dunas collection was featured in an article in O Magazine along with some Monteverde pens. I believe that in the past I've heard she enjoys Waterman pens.

Tom Hanks was on the radio the other day talking about fountain pens (generically) and Moleskines. No idea if he collects though.

In an article in the Boston Globe several years ago about using fountain pens the author wrote that he had seen Tom Hanks in a local Boston shop buying a Sailor FP.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

Okay, you got me. I'm really Tom Hanks.:vbg:

Ummm, lesseee, I won an Oscar in ummm, or was it 2 Oscars? Wait, let me try again!

Life is like a shrimpboat of chocolates.

:bunny01:

Some interesting replies.

Yes, i should have used "who" instead of "that" for the title.

I totally forgot that Sly Stallone was a great admirer of Montegrappa fountain pens.

I've noticed that a lot of celebrities are fond of Montblanc fountain pens. I wonder if that has anything to do with the German company presenting their fountain pens as gifts to them almost every year. Speaking of Montblanc, its pronunciation sounds more French than German. :hmm1:

President Obama seems fond of his Cross Townsend in Broad. dont ask me how i know this.... totally not a stalker........ :unsure:

Vanity Fair recently featured movie producer Jerry Bruckheimer and discussed his penchant for FP collecting. It had a picture of part of his collection and they appeared to be mostly high-end Mont Blanc limited editions.

Based on hearsay from where he shops...

David Suzuki and Lamy :ninja:

My haiku:

Fountain pens seem to

Be extremely addicting.

I keep on buying.

Jean Todt - ex-Ferrari F1 supremo.

And my wife's obstetrician. At the moment, he's the most important man in the world :)

Too many pens; too little writing.

Montblanc was Sir Winston Churchill pen of choice. Montblanc later went on to release a pen named after him.

Below is a link to the original Bruckheimer thread which links to photos of his wonderful collection.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/193241-jerry-bruckheimers-fountain-pen-collection/page__p__1952838__hl__bruckheimer__fromsearch__1#entry1952838

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Speaking of Montblanc, its pronunciation sounds more French than German. :hmm1:

Well it would, as they are named after the highest mountain in the Alps. To my information, there is no German name for that mountain, we use only the French name...