Prominent Individuals That Collect Fountain Pens

T. E. Samad

Hi there,

Let's create a list of prominent fountain pen collectors. I've always wanted to know how many famous people out there in the world that, like me and you, love collecting fountain pens. It would be great if you can add some kind of link that'll show the individual's fountain pen collection. I'll start:

Jerry Bruckheimer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T. E. Samad

• Scrawler

• Deirdre

• Florida Blue

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill Cosby

Bah Ethernautrix you beat me to it. So I am nominating Prince Albert II of Monaco

Edited by Scrawler

humblescribbler, i know. I started a thread about his fantastic fountain pen collection.

Prince Albert of Monaco? I'm going to have to check that out.

I think I recall Larry Snyder, owner of the San Jose Sharks, having a collection of Esterbrooks.

Similarly, I think I heard mention of former pop star, Jimmy Page being a user.

Fast bowler Max Walker is often mentioned in this context, too.

Sorry, I can't quote sources of the top of my head.

The big O, Oprah Winfrey.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

I think I recall Larry Snyder, owner of the San Jose Sharks, having a collection of Esterbrooks.

Similarly, I think I heard mention of former pop star, Jimmy Page being a user.

I hope you aren't referring to THE Jimmy Page as a "pop star." Aaahh, the sacrilege.

Would Max Walker, former Australia cricketer and Member of the Order of Australia be considered "prominent"?

I'm going to add Terry Wiederlight (the president of the Fountain Pen Hospital, which was founded by his father and grandfather 65 years ago!) to this eminent list.

Mr Wiederlight is a third generation fountain pen collector (FPC). It must be great to be a member of an interesting family.

Nicholas Sarkozy, President of France.

And TE Samad, if you dont mind my asking, is the flag on your profile that of Bangladesh?

Onnek Dhonnyobad!!!:)

Scrawler, if Mr. Walker is famous, then i guess we can consider him to be "more" prominent than "ordinary" people.

I had no idea that the national leader of France was one of us!

Wolverine1, yes, that is the flag of Bangladesh; a country that is very special to me.

Edited by T. E. Samad

Deirdre, do you mean Arnold Schwarzenegger? You probably do. I wonder what he's up to these days, now that he's left politics...

Edited by T. E. Samad

Perhaps....William Jefferson Clinton...

Fred

But don't don't don't..Don't take my coconuts...