Top Posters In This Topic

• penrivers

• alvarez57

• jon

• farmdogfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice sky picture.

Thanks Farmdogfan, it was the worst of the sesión, as you see the superior corner of Orion is not in the frame, I have poor eyesight and cant see nothing in the viewfinder, so I frame by guess, raw,iso 1600, 15 seconds (to much), I see trails in the stars, old 24 mm f2.8, hope you try in denmark the milky way, we are in april and it begin to appear by the southeast at down in the northern hemisphere. Greetings.

Night corral B&W.

fpn_1522926280__dsc_0001_as_smart_object

This is a beautiful B&W work, but I am wondering if you dodged that central tree area quite a bit - or if there was just a lot of starshine behind the tree to begin with?

Well, actually, the same question goes for the tree to the lower right.

This is a beautiful B&W work, but I am wondering if you dodged that central tree area quite a bit - or if there was just a lot of starshine behind the tree to begin with?

OTOH, if you dodged it to get starshine behind it, how would you get as much density in the tree itself? Altogether, looks a bit complicated. I am not as accomplished with digital/Photoshop/wannabe/etc. as I am with chemical darkroom procedures.

I dont know what happened with the trees I noticed too the auras, I worked in the raw slides and sent it then to Photoshop cs6 I will investigate this in internet this days, my ignorance is inmense, thanks for the comment.

OTOH, if you dodged it to get starshine behind it, how would you get as much density in the tree itself? Altogether, looks a bit complicated. I am not as accomplished with digital/Photoshop/wannabe/etc. as I am with chemical darkroom procedures.

No , I didnt dodged it, I didnt have a reason to do it, as a smart object I didnt have many tools at my disposition , even I had to right click the cursor in duplicate to be able to publish it in FPN.

I wonder if some default, automated procedure(s) in digital photo manipulation software aren't at work here.

Still, it's a great photo, and I like it!

Thanks abstract49, I suspect it comes from the conversion to B&W, inmediatly I noticed many white brilliant stones in the floor with the moonlight and I had to erase them with brush. What surprises me is that my old Nikon 24mm f2.8 of 40 o 50 years old works like a charm, I think I will wake up early at down to see what is there.

I like the stones. It's like a mirror of the sky, or as if some of the stars have fallen to earth.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks CS388, photography is funny , relaxant, beautiful, marvelous, I recomend it to everybody who is 70 or else years old.

A common black-headed gull in winterly surroundings.

fpn_1522234499__b72i2516.jpg

Edited by farmdogfan

~ farmdogfan:

I was about to head off to bed but decided to stop by the photography section.

Per, your two bird images are...outstanding.

I'm going to share the link with students here who enjoy bird photography.

The evidence of rough weather on the black-headed gulll in flight is a remarkable image.

My bird photographer friend in Johannesburg, South Africa needs to see these.

Thank you for posting them here.

Tom K.

Thanks Tom.

The ice coated gull was taken on a very cold and stormy day, close to the beach where i live.

The goosanders were shot in a park where i go every day with my dogs, i like the colours in the water that allmost matches the goosanders.

Regards Per.