• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michaelz33

• Gobblecup

• Michael R.

• Surf Monkey

The trend seems to be heavily biased towards stainless steel vice carbon fiber or some other exotic material as the material of choice.

However, I must agree with an earlier point that it is unlikely that pens will persist. Nonetheless, my personal addiction to fountain pens will persist.

Albeit, it is also quite possible that we will lack the energy to power whatever would replace the pen. If that is the case, such energy inefficient products as ball point pens may well be retired to some future dustbin of history. Imagine your great, great, great grandchildren collecting what your know of as cheap, disposable plastic ball point pens!

Nothing is going to replace pens. They're the right tool for a specific job. They may be used less in the future but they're never going to go away any more than manual hammers are going to go away now that air hammers are cheap and common.

Edited by Surf Monkey

A pen that's been on the American market since 1959 is the future?

I can't see it disappearing before the Vogons arrive. And you can bet that Vogons use the Bic Stic, too.

The trend seems to be heavily biased towards stainless steel vice carbon fiber or some other exotic material as the material of choice.

However, I must agree with an earlier point that it is unlikely that pens will persist. Nonetheless, my personal addiction to fountain pens will persist.

Albeit, it is also quite possible that we will lack the energy to power whatever would replace the pen. If that is the case, such energy inefficient products as ball point pens may well be retired to some future dustbin of history. Imagine your great, great, great grandchildren collecting what your know of as cheap, disposable plastic ball point pens!

Strange, why did they throw away all the FPs I left them? :hmm1::P

And their Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather's Montblanc, what happened to it? :crybaby:

Edited by Gobblecup

Gobblecup ~