• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michaelz33

• Gobblecup

• Michael R.

• Surf Monkey

I agree with the comment that most of the designs posted are all old designs. Judging by history, the pens of the future will look pretty much like the pens of today, only they'll have nano-particle liquid metal nibs that can have the width changed at the touch of an icon on your iPad 20 and will write as smooth as glass right out of the box. :)

andy b.

...they'll have nano-particle liquid metal nibs that can have the width changed at the touch of an icon on your iPad 20 and will write as smooth as glass right out of the box...

Except when you want them to be scratchy. There will be an icon for that too. I'm actually sort of serious. A lot of modern emulations of pipe organs and early analog electronic organs have settings to replicate what were considered uncorrectable defects at the time (such as key-click on Hammond organs, or chiff on a pipe organ). It's reasonable to expect that the fountain pen of tomorrow will be able to emulate all the defects of the pens of today. There'll be settings to adjust the amount of skipping, nib creep, etc.

Stefan Vorkoetter

Visit my collection of fountain pen articles at StefanV.com.

A pen from my collection:

spacer.png

The pen of the future will NOT be a fountain pen for all the reasons we already know. It'll be a gadget that transfers straight to any source you want. No paper needed. Thanks

The pen of the future will NOT be a fountain pen for all the reasons we already know. It'll be a gadget that transfers straight to any source you want. No paper needed. Thanks

Probably with built in spell check and translations.

http://cdn.nexternal.com/swisher/images/Future_Blue7.jpg

:rolleyes:

If you have an orange Lamy Safari you'd be willing to part with, PM me immediately.

Waterman Serenite

http://www.m-pr.de/sanford/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/serenite-grey_sc_fh-_beauty_3.jpg

politician and idiot are synonymous terms - Mark Twain

How about a Cross Verve

wow! I don't pay enough attention to these high end lines. Off to google.

If you are serious about this you might have a look at Cross' own website, check the sale. There were some Platinum and Merlot Verves for sale. Quite sumgai.. Not all nibsizes avalable any more though.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Waterman Serenite

http://www.m-pr.de/sanford/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/serenite-grey_sc_fh-_beauty_3.jpg

That one does look futuristic! It seems aimed at women to me though. Maybe it's better in person.

Futuristic... hmm.. :hmm1:... How about an affordable Montblanc? Wait that is an Optimistic Futuristic Pen... :doh: :lol:

My real vote goes for the Namiki VP, even though is is not really a "new" design, it is one of the more streamlined and modern looking FPs today.

Gobblecup ~

Parker 25 is from the 70s, and looks like it just walked off the set of Star Trek. Is "retro-futuristic" a category?

Definitely.

In those days it was introduced as a space age pen, even designed with aid of computers!

Waterman Serenite

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Gobblecup ~

Futuristic... hmm.. :hmm1:... How about an affordable Montblanc? Wait that is an Optimistic Futuristic Pen... :doh: :lol:

My real vote goes for the Namiki VP, even though is is not really a "new" design, it is one of the more streamlined and modern looking FPs today.

I don't get it. Someone explain it to me please!

I was dreaming of a future where I could afford a MB 149... sorry to be confusing... :blush:

Gobblecup ~

I was dreaming of a future where I could afford a MB 149... sorry to be confusing... :blush:

Oh, ok. I'm dreaming of the same future. :lol:

Waterman Serenite

Hey hey Gobblecup, you changed your avatar?! what happen to your dog? anyway why the :sick: :sick: :sick: to the Waterman Serenite? Dont you like it? It is one of my grail pens in the "design" department.... :embarrassed_smile:

And to the above post... I don't think it is designed for women... I think it is quite elegant and I would certainly get one if I can afford it... (I am a guy btw!)

Edited by andybiotic
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb345/Andybiotics/Writing%20Samples/P1020494j-1reversedcolour.jpg

Waterman Serenite

Hey hey Gobblecup, you changed your avatar?! what happen to your dog? anyway why the :sick: :sick: :sick: to the Waterman Serenite? Dont you like it? It is one of my grail pens in the "design" department.... :embarrassed_smile:

And to the above post... I don't think it is designed for women... I think it is quite elegant and I would certainly get one if I can afford it... (I am a guy btw!)

Andy... The dog is in the kennel for a while ;), I may put her up as my "photo" and keep the nib collage as my "avatar"... As for the pen; Asymmetrical objects produced by people usually just aren't my bowl of rice. I hope :sick: :sick: :sick: isn't too offensive, and I certainly don't think it is feminine, but as I said, asymmetrical stuff just isn't my Mocha Frappuchino. :vbg:

Edit: I looked at the picture again... All those uneven lines make me nervous :wacko:... I need to go hold my Doric for a while...

Edited by Gobblecup

Gobblecup ~

The D:Scribe an interface between past, present and future:

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i420/Fahad_Mahmood/adf85b8e-ac76-49f5-94e8-b5173443175d_zpsdb9c20d3.jpg

"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life,

the whole aim and end of human existence" Aristotle