• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michaelz33

• Gobblecup

• Michael R.

• Surf Monkey

Not sure if it's futuristic or just dang ugly.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/33000473/Images/3/22460-1.jpg

A couple spring to mind.

Pilot Vanishing Point (and the Decimo and Fermo)

Pilot Myu 701 (and the M90)

Lamy Dialogue 3

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

Parker 25 is from the 70s, and looks like it just walked off the set of Star Trek. Is "retro-futuristic" a category?

Friend gave me a P25. Writes well, and apparently they're nearly bombproof, but I still haven't warmed up to the styling.

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Rotring Initial (If you can still find one :lol: )

+1 to the Vanishing Point line (VP, Fermo, Decimo, etc.)

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

Another Parker no longer around and perhaps before its time, the Falcon. Nevertheless, I personally think that it has a very futuristic design and I'd love to have one with a fine nib please!

Hmmm. Wouldn't 'futuristic' mean no pen at all? :)

seriously, the is a cool topic...interested in seeing more (because I can barely see past my Lamys.)

I was just here....Where did I go?

+1 on the Parker Falcon:

http://www.stefanv.com/pens/collection/t-parker-50-falcon.jpg

The Lamy 25P (from the 1970s) looks a lot like a Parker 25, and is also quite futuristic in my eyes:

http://www.stefanv.com/pens/collection/t-lamy-25p.jpg

Stefan Vorkoetter

Visit my collection of fountain pen articles at StefanV.com.

A pen from my collection:

spacer.png

What are the futuristic fountain pens out there? If you can, post pictures please.

I'm curious what you think a "futuristic" pen might be or how there could even be such a thing?

Didn't the early advertising for the Parker "51" refer to it as "Like a Pen from another Planet"?

Not sure if it's futuristic or just dang ugly.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/33000473/Images/3/22460-1.jpg

A very ugly pen with a Rotring logo stamped on it; the design is inconsistent with what Rotring once stood for -- it's a perversion. Newell-Rubbermaid could have designed this pen under the Paper Mate brand to be sold at Staples. Welcome to a commonly-used strategy of conglomerates: play around with the brand power of its subsidiaries to charge a premium for mediocre products. The same thing happened to Ray-Ban sunglasses when Bausch & Lomb sold the brand to Luxottica...

There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.

-- Marcus Junius Brutus

What are the futuristic fountain pens out there? If you can, post pictures please.

I'm curious what you think a "futuristic" pen might be or how there could even be such a thing?

I mean futuristic LOOKING pens. My ideas of these are the Pilot M90, Lamy 2000, Montblanc Starwalker. Pens like this.

Pilot M90

post-65808-0-50179500-1309280886.jpg

Lamy 2000

post-65808-0-10501600-1309280932.jpg

Montblanc Starwalker

post-65808-0-77971000-1309280958.png

Edited by michaelz33

I mean futuristic LOOKING pens. My ideas of these are the Pilot M90, Lamy 2000, Montblanc Starwalker. Pens like this.

Pilot M90

post-65808-0-50179500-1309280886.jpg

Lamy 2000

post-65808-0-10501600-1309280932.jpg

Montblanc Starwalker

post-65808-0-77971000-1309280958.png

Yet not one of those is a modern design.

I see a futuristic fountain pen as being a ink-jet printer on a stick. Imagine using a pen that can write with multiple colours at the same time (red in the middle, blue on the outside, with the occasional green stripe), or maybe even just swipe the pen across the page and have it apply your digitally recorded signature to the page (similar to putting your signature in a PDF).

Ha, you cold have a line made of cats if you wanted.