Suit Pocket?

mb011b

Where should a gentleman you keep the day's pen when it's not in your hand? When I'm wearing a suit, I'm not sure whether it should go in my upper jacket pocket on display beside my tie, or in my shirt pocket which is mostly covered by the jacket, or just hide it on the inside pocket. What do you do? Is there a proper etiquette? I usually choose a pen that matches the rest of my outfit.

I'd say it depends on the outfit and the occasion. Most of the times I find it very practical to use the outer jacket pocket, but once in a while I think it's better to keep the pen(s) in the inside pocket. I use the shirt pocket only when I'm not wearing a jacket.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yachtsilverswan

• mb011b

• RonB

• Wonder Pens

Has anyone else read American Psycho? I'm starting to get concerned. wink.gif

Seriously, for me inside coat pocket.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."-Jim Valvano

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."-Ronald Reagan

On the rare days which I have to don a suit, my pen(s) go in the inside jacket pocket with my notebook.

In a leather case inside my jacket pocket. I think I'm the only one in the office who uses one regularly, and to draw further attention to that would be, well, ungentlemanly...

My suits actually have an inside pocket that's pen sized, so that's answered for me :roflmho:

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill