Platinum Carbon

carpedavid

Julie,

I'm using this ink in my Nakaya Mini Decapod, but I'm going to be extra vigilant about cleaning it.

BTW, the NMD LOVES! Platinum Carbon Black!

In Nakaya Camaraderie,

Lisa

P.S. I just bought a steel nib for my Edison Pearl and discovered that the nib comes off the feed like my Danitrio nibs, so I'm thinking about using PCB in the Pearl (unless I want a non-black... but probably, you know... ha ha ha! I love blackety-black black ink!).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jde

• ethernautrix

• nicholasyeo

• carpedavid

I am fortunate that all my pens are friction fit! That's going to make it easy!

Sorry guys, but what does 'friction fit' mean? I see several people using this expression. Thanks

Sorry guys, but what does 'friction fit' mean? I see several people using this expression. Thanks

This means that the nib and feed slot into the barrel and are not held there by threads - as in the

case of Pelikan, you have to screw in the nib and feed. For Sailor, you just pull them out and push

them back in. Hope this helps! :thumbup:

This means that the nib and feed slot into the barrel and are not held there by threads - as in the

case of Pelikan, you have to screw in the nib and feed. For Sailor, you just pull them out and push

them back in. Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Also there is a great glossary and set of articles of pen terms here. A good reference for understanding all the short-hand that goes on and will answer a lot of questions about nibs, pens and ink. happyberet.gif

Edited by jde

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

• 1 year later...

Platinum Carbon Black, on the other hand, dries like paint. This makes them ideal for artists who want to work with mixed media.

That's so true that I use every day for my art works, main sketching. And it's great both in fountain pens as well in dip pens. I can say that sometimes is a good alternative of india ink.

Cheers!

Everything is worth to be sketched

http://www.broworskhop.com/sketching/

• 1 year later...

Well, I resurrect this post..

Just received this ink. Its have a big wow effect. Okay, its not as dark as J. Herbin Perle Noire, a slightly lighter, still back enough, but. once its dried in the paper, than it will stay on it no matter what. I soaked, nothing happen, than I tried with nail polish remover (not with the friendlier one), still its on the paper.

Hell, if the paper will destroy, the writing will remain.... :D

I am on my last bottle of this ink, now to find more... Usual haunts do not carry.

Who knows where to order online for a few more bottles?

• 7 months later...

In the Platinum Carbon pen, Fine, on Rhodia 19 lined - I dared not put it into another pen.

Naturally a thin line, quite but not completely black and not that much saturated, some sheen.
But rather a lot of bleed-through, and I much prefer Registrar's Ink or Platinum's Blue-Black.
Still, perhaps one day I dare use another pen with a wider tip and less prone to scratchiness.

The bleed-through almost ruins it.

Edited by Steffen Larsen

• 4 years later...

My husband has started using Carbon Black in a Preppy Sign Marker as a refillable Sharpie. Will update everyone with how this works for him over time.

I absolutely love using Platinum Carbon Black ink in my Pilot 'Hannya Shingyo' with a 18K gold #10 Fine nib. It delivers a very narrow line that is completely waterproof, and so far I have not observed any bleed-through (or feathering, for that matter) writing on Rhodia 80g/m² paper that come in perforated A5-sized notepads.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.