Boston Fountain Pen Database

Roger W.

Hello,

I recently just purchased a Boston Fountain Pen Co. pen and was looking online for information about the model, which is a 73. I found your thread on FPN, although I seem to be a bit late to the party.

I noticed you wrote you’re missing a model 73 so if you still need any information on the pen I’d be able to give you the info for which you’re looking, or maybe you'd be able to give me some information on date of manufacture.

Have a great weekend,

Tyler.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger W.

• Vintagepens

• 79spitfire

• Tylerjordan

Tyler;

I'd be glad to take the overall length, cap width and barrel width. Does the cap have a clip? You have a slightly larger lever filler made in 1916 or very early 1917 - they applied for the patent in 1916 for the lever and the company sold in very early 1917 so 6x and 7x have a very knowable manufacture date. I note in my database now that there is a 73 and I happen to own it - I like that! It is a funny size as there are more big 75's and 76's than the 73 and they are uncommon. 72 is the most common with 12 entries.

I see David's last entry again. I'd forgotten that he had an open filigree. I've just purchased the same but the filigree on my barrel is opposite to his.

Roger W.

Tyler;

I'd be glad to take the overall length, cap width and barrel width. Does the cap have a clip? You have a slightly larger lever filler made in 1916 or very early 1917 - they applied for the patent in 1916 for the lever and the company sold in very early 1917 so 6x and 7x have a very knowable manufacture date. I note in my database now that there is a 73 and I happen to own it - I like that! It is a funny size as there are more big 75's and 76's than the 73 and they are uncommon. 72 is the most common with 12 entries.

I see David's last entry again. I'd forgotten that he had an open filigree. I've just purchased the same but the filigree on my barrel is opposite to his.

Roger W.

The overall length is 128.5mm The barrel width at the widest part is 10mm and the cap width is 12mm. There is no clip on the cap

Thanks for the info on the manufacturing date! I had only known that it was manufactured between '04 and '18 before!

Edited by Tylerjordan

Tyler - seems short. Should be about 133ish.

Roger W.

Oh that is odd. I just remeasured with a different ruler (which doesn't have a buffer at the bottom) so that I could stand them both up on something flat and it comes out to 130mm

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww302/tjjonhunter/IMG_0028.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww302/tjjonhunter/IMG_0044.jpg

Edited by Tylerjordan