140 Nib Repair By Pelikan

jgrasty

The nib collar on my Pelikan 140 nib cracked, apparently a common problem with early 140 nibs with a clear plastic collar. :gaah:

http://bettygrastymd.com/jgrasty/wp-content/uploads/pelikan-140-nib.jpg

I sent it off to Pelikan in Germany, and it came back today, perfectly repaired. :cloud9:

http://bettygrastymd.com/jgrasty/wp-content/uploads/pelikan-nib-repaired.jpg

No charge to repair a 55 year old nib. Pelikan is a truly great company! :notworthy1:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CharityV

• Russ

• piembi

• jgrasty

WOW, that is truly impressive! One, that they would even repair a pen no longer in production, so presumably the specific parts for it are also no longer in production. Two, that they would do so at no cost.

That's truly great customer service, and only makes me all the happier that thus far, Pelikans remain my favorite brand of fountain pens. :D

I am glad it worked!

Pelikan has replaced cracked collars for me, too. And they replaced more than one body with a piston issue! Indeed an outstanding customer service :cloud9:

It's always great to hear about Pelikan's excellent customer service. :thumbup:

I just had great experience dealing with Abi :thumbup: at Chatpak for my 20 year old M800.

Edited by Sunburst

Wow, nice! Interesting, as when I contacted Pelikan about my faulty M200 nib, they said it was no longer under warranty and ignored me altogether...

Good to know. I already knew that about their service but it's nice to be able to forward good news derived from other fans.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Wow, nice! Interesting, as when I contacted Pelikan about my faulty M200 nib, they said it was no longer under warranty and ignored me altogether...

I had no trouble getting my M600 nib replaced by Pelikan Germany after being refused by the romanian retailer. I'm guessing you are talking about a local distributor?

Mihai

NO