Best Pens For Signing Papers

Austinpen

I cleaned my talentum with warm water and ran a sheet of paper through the nib slit (I don't know the correct term) and it worked wonders.

I'll post example later. Thanks for the suggestions

I'll be in Chicago next week. Any ideas on pen stores downtown?

Here's a review on two places you may be interested in (no affiliation ) :

http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/storesofnote/usa/illinois.html

Glenn Marcus has links to a couple of other pen shops in Chi. too. I have only been to `Gilbertson Clybourn'. It is a nice shop and the owner is very friendly. You may want to call up some of these places to check if they have got what you are looking for though. Good luck and enjoy your stay in Chicago.

Tempus Vincit Omnia

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Austinpen

• Koyote

• Northwoods

• nxn96

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cross Townsend, in gold plate. Very impressive, too.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I don't know how good the paper is you are writing on.

Take a few sheets home, and get some other inks....ink to paper is a key to fountain pens.

There are a good number of black, blue-black and deep blue inks you could try out eventually.

I am sure those who know their inks could help you more.

Why don't you do a parallel post in Inky Sections.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

Ransom Bucket cost me many of my pictures taken by a poor camera that was finally tossed. Luckily, the Chicken Scratch pictures also vanished.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thanks for the info. It looks like Gilbertson's is right by the American Girl Doll Shop. I can leave the girls there and head to the pen store.

Tha will be perfect.

I get on pen for around $150.00; they get three dolls for around $350.00; a deal all women would agree is fair.

I cleaned my talentum with warm water and ran a sheet of paper through the nib slit (I don't know the correct term) and it worked wonders.

I'll post example later. Thanks for the suggestions

I'll be in Chicago next week. Any ideas on pen stores downtown?

Here's a review on two places you may be interested in (no affiliation ) :

http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/storesofnote/usa/illinois.html

Glenn Marcus has links to a couple of other pen shops in Chi. too. I have only been to `Gilbertson Clybourn'. It is a nice shop and the owner is very friendly. You may want to call up some of these places to check if they have got what you are looking for though. Good luck and enjoy your stay in Chicago.

I use a Lamy Studio with a medium nib. It writes pretty well for fast writing.

Ita not flexible or anything but I still love it for signing or note taking.

Happy writing,

Basilios

How about a professor that needs to sign off on students' records? Dean that needs to sign some diplomas? How pleased would you be if your dean signed your degree with a Byro/bic?

Also consider that this is a pen forum, so the answer will probably be a resounding no.

Fountain Pen Converts: 4

I am just as important as Pres. Obama... to my family.

Seriously, I sign a lot of documents (I am not a robo-signer foreclosing on everyone)at work and I am so excited about my Talentum that it is a big disapointment that I can't get a good signature out of it.

I did buy a cheap Lamy (clear lamy for 34.00) and it signs great. I am going to Chicago next week and will take my Talentum to a local pen shop and see if they can give me some ideas or maybe work on the nib. I'll buy a pen from them if they do...

Thanks for the comments.

PS I have always loved signing my name, ever since I learnd how to do long-hand... don't you guys?

Doesn't this seem silly to anyone else? Why would you need a pen specifically tuned to signing your name? Are you Barack Obama or something?

How about a professor that needs to sign off on students' records? Dean that needs to sign some diplomas? How pleased would you be if your dean signed your degree with a Byro/bic?

Also consider that this is a pen forum, so the answer will probably be a resounding no.

I am a professor, and have a student who needs a particular form signed (several sigs) each week. She has taken to referring to my signature as "famous," which I suppose is a reference to my use of a stub-nibbed FP with Aurora Blue, which is a very lovely ink.

But no, I didn't buy the pen specifically for that purpose.

I like to think of my signature as famous as well. It moves a lot of legal documents around the world...

I am a professor, and have a student who needs a particular form signed (several sigs) each week. She has taken to referring to my signature as "famous," which I suppose is a reference to my use of a stub-nibbed FP with Aurora Blue, which is a very lovely ink.

But no, I didn't buy the pen specifically for that purpose.

I use a MB 149 broad or a 146 BB.

MB broad nibs and wider write like stubs. Very nice for signatures.