Fountain Pens In Movies And Tv

maus930

I thought music couldn't get any worse. :yikes:

Sounds like a korean backstreet boys to me. Personally don't listen to things like this, but I was just letting a youtube channel auto play!

http://i.imgur.com/zQJaZ.jpg

Music aside, the pen looks like a no-name stainless steel pen. The pen didn't really have any unique features.

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• carlos.q

• Freddy

• Ink Stained Wretch

In the episode of Glee where Emma the school councilor visits a shrink, I think the shrink uses a fountain pen to write out a prescription. The scene wasn't long enough for me to be sure.

in the movie "Kafka," Kafka is seen using a fountain pen twice toward the end of the movie: once while ejecting ink onto the floor in "the Castle" to remember which door to take on the way out, and once at the end while writing a letter to his deceased father while coughing from TB... any ideas?

If not spotted already, from DUPLICITY (recent feature with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen)...

Company CEO of a rival CEO;

"I mean who writes with a fountain pen any more! For Christ's sake - how frickin' pretentious is that!"

I think the pen in question is an MB?

Yes, a Montblanc Stainless Steel/Carbon Fiber model, from the glimpse I got.

I seem to recall in the movie "Enemy of the State" with Wil Smith and Gene Hackman there was a scene where Smith's character takes apart his Parker 51 looking for a tracking device.

Not to mention the numerous cartoons from the '40s and '50s when a lever fill FP would be squirted in the face of an antagonist for humerous effect.

I remember that scene. Actually, WIll Smith's character used what looks like a 144 Montblanc. When government agents were going through his belongings to install tracking device, one comments, "That's a Parker."

I was watching Gattaca in my AP Biology class today, and I noticed that Vincent was practicing Jerome's signature with a fountain pen. I think it may have been a Pelikan. Can't find a pic.

Wish-list: Parker 51 India Black Vacumatic. Green Parker Vacumatic Maxima. Visconti Homo Sapien. Aurora Optima and Vintage 88. Lamy 27. Sheaffer Pen For Men V. Moss-Agate Waterman Patrician, Pelikan Souverän M450. I just need to win the lottery now.

In "Enemy of the State" I remember the scene where NAS agents {?}..pull his personal belongings in order to bug 'em...the pen was

a Dipolmat...pulled up the scene at youtube...you decide which one 149 or 146...start looking at 0:30..

Fred

Edited by Freddy

In the episode of Glee where Emma the school councilor visits a shrink, I think the shrink uses a fountain pen to write out a prescription. The scene wasn't long enough for me to be sure.

I'll rewatch that episode to see if that's the case. I didn't pay attention to what she was writing with.

• 2 weeks later...

In the original Godfather movie there is a winter scene with Michael Corleone (Pacino) Christmas shopping with Kay (Diane Keaton) . This is before Michael turns evil. Kay is talking about what they have bought for whom. She references having bought a "Reynolds" pen for one of the brothers/wives. I think it must have been the lathe turned model sold exclusively at Gimbels circa 1945/46 that just preceded the Reynolds Rocket ballpoint.

Edited by classenigma

Korean movie called Taegukgi: Brotherhood of War. Lee Jin Suk stabbed someone in the temple with a fountain pen.

The 1958 movie The Young Lions with Marlon Brando, Dean Martin and Mongtomery Clift had fountain pens galore. Couldn't tell what any of them were, sadly.

Just watched Chronicles of Narnia, Voyage of the Dawntreader. The scene where the older girl is writing a letter to Lucy, have no idea what it was. The pen is red and white with two gold bands above the clip on the cap. It looked a bit flat topish.

In 101 Dalmatians, Cruella De Vil.Trying to write a check for the puppies:

Oh blast this pen!

and shakes it.

Blast this wretched, wretched pen! EH!

Splatters ink over Pongo and Roger.

I remember that many years ago, Mariana, my youngest daughter used to tell me that she liked my FP's, she always wanted to borrow one to do as Cruella! She was about 5 or 6.

Cheers from Mexico.

Gilberto

Gilberto Castañeda

• 2 weeks later...

Demolition Man, Wesley Snipes' character uses a fountain pen to perform eye surgery.

Also I think some one did mention it, but there is a Bond movie where the fountain pen is crucial for his escape, the tip fires off and kills a woman.

• 1 month later...

What's that film where all the professors quietly lay a pen down on the table next to whoever it is they are honouring? Ah, A Beautiful Mind.

Lots of pens to spot!

I thought this would be one of the first to get a mention.

Chris

In the movie Stalingrad (1993) the German soldier going to the Stalingrad front writing home with black FP, I cannot tell the type though.

The clip:

Celozaslonski%252520zajem%25252013.8.2011%252520223934.jpg

And the movie can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Ed-ZCpUT8rQ&vq=medium#t=686

The pen clip appears to be that of a Pelikan....a German pen probably very much in use at that time.

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown