• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• carlos.q

• Freddy

• Ink Stained Wretch

For me it looks like a Parker Jotter...the nib is longer than a Vector...

Don't know if it's a Jotter, but it's definitely NOT a Vector, which is a much slimmer pen than what's shown here.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there is a scene in Darkest Hour of Churchill (played by Gary Oldman) editing a speech or letter his secretary has just typed up. Unfortunately it just mostly shows a closeup of the nib, but since I was watching the movie at a friend's house I couldn't get her to pause it at that point for a better look. I Googled Churchill on my smart phone, and apparently he used a Mabie Todd Swan at one point, and then also was better known for using Conway Stewarts -- but whether the pen was either of those I don't know.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Churchill's pen in Darkest Hour was supplied by Conway Stewart.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

People have already mentioned the old Perry Mason TV show that ran from 1957, to 1966, and the Parker 51 desk set on Perry Mason's desk. One person also mentioned seeing an Esterbrook Dipless pen.

Well, I've been watching these for a number of months now and it looks to me like they have Esterbrook Dipless pen sets in almost every episode. The judge's bench always has one when it's a real judge's bench, and the other night I saw a scene where they had two or three of them in an office. They just scatter the Esterbrook Dipless sets all over the place in the series.

I like seeing the old things, from the days when you could just go to a store and buy one, whether to use or to dress up a TV set :thumbup: .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

There was an earlier mention of pens in a BBC production of Maigret, from the early 1990s. The recent series with Rowan Atkinson as the lead has occasional shots of pens I have not identified. Unsurprising given it is set in the 1930s, with at least one Citroen Traction Avant in shot to prove it.

X

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this is Philip J. Fry (from Futurama) using the Aurora 3088 : P

post-138369-0-92563400-1524468108.png

Futurama had a writing staff reported to have 3 Ph.D.'s, 7 Masters', and cumulatively more than 50 years at Harvard, invented a new mathematical theorem just for a plot point on an episode (Prisoner of Benda)...

...in case you wanted to tickle your intellect to laugh ; )

Edited by IndigoBOB

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away the Imperial officer's attire included a place to safely carry their fountain pens:

fpn_1525112829__img_6547.jpg

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Of course I jest. We are talking about Imperial henchmen here. These ham fisted barbarians only used ballpoints!

Legion S02E04, Lily Rabe with what looks to be a Jinhao x450.

legion_s02e04_jinhao_by_voidelemental-dc

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but in the CW superhero show Black Lightning, in the scene where Lady Eve first appears - episode 3, starting about 10'45" - she's using a pretty fancy FP with a white body/cap with elaborate gold overlay and two-tone nib. There's a couple nice close-up shots. The show just came on Netflix if anyone wants to take a look and try to identify it. (Tried to take a screenshot but just got a black screen with the progress bar.)

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• 2 months later...

From the 1954 film "The Caine Mutiny" all these Navy officers have Morriset Model B inkwells and Fps at their disposal. However they all write with pencils...

fpn_1530720970__caine2.jpg

In the movie the Death of Stalin various people use pens but I didn't get a good enough look at what they were.

Been enjoying BROOKLYN NINE-NINE on Netflix.

Captain Holt: "Gina, as you know, my fountain pen is being re-nibbed in Germany."

Gina: "Yes. That's all no one is talking about."

Captain Holt: "Due to its absence, I borrowed Amy's favorite pen, and -- I lost it."

Gina: "That pen is her best friend. I'm not even saying that as an insult. I've heard her say it."

S4E20, "The Slaughterhouse" at 04:08 minutes.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Not trying to be political, but Scott Pruitt spent $1500 on fountain pens and he was occasionally on television. Ha ha.

pen_master

Not trying to be political, but Scott Pruitt spent $1500 on fountain pens and he was occasionally on television. Ha ha.

Did you see the pens..or do you know what {specifically} pens were purchased.

Any citations re pictures of said pens on the teevee or in print.......

Fred

Welcome..enjoy your time here..........................

Did you see the pens..or do you know what {specifically} pens were purchased.

Any citations re pictures of said pens on the teevee or in print.......

Fred

Welcome..enjoy your time here..........................

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/06/01/epas-pruitt-spent-1560-on-12-customized-fountain-pens-from-washington-jewelry-store/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.13a942968db1

I heard from various sources but here is an article.

pen_master

I Read all ....Still no photographs......Re pens......

Fred

Redactin' to make it clear I read all articles. Re DBag Dude and its antics.............

Still your friend and mine................

Edited by Freddy

I Read all ....Still no photographs......Re pens......

Fred

Redactin' to make it clear I read all articles. Re DBag Dude and its antics.............

Still your friend and mine................

Yeah, no specifics but I would expect that considering the context. I doubt we will find out.

pen_master