Fountain Pens In Movies And Tv

maus930

In the movie Cherry Pop (Netflix), one character writes a suicide note with a red Sheaffer No Nonsense (later one with the soft-grip section) but then addresses the envelope with a lipstick.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• carlos.q

• Freddy

• Ink Stained Wretch

Just saw the newly-released Phantom Thread with Daniel Day-Lewis. It's about a dressmaker in 1950s London (my wife is in the fashion biz, so Phantom Thread won out over Darkest Hour). Anyway, DD-L's character is constantly sketching dress designs with a fountain pen. He also is often seen with a pen in his shirt pocket. The camera never lingers long enough to make out the make and model, but my guess is that the pen in his pocket is an older Parker Duofold. It appears to have a ball clip and a flat black top. There is also a scene where the main character's sister is holding a fountain pen but, alas, I could not make that one out either.

• 4 weeks later...

Film: Wings of Desire {1987}

Opening scene: Damiel writing with a fountain pen.

Perhaps a Montblanc 146 with a smooth..juicy..wet broad Nib

Starts at 0:09 - 0:45

fpn_1516829588__derhimmel_uber_berlin87.

Fred

Film: Wings of Desire {1987}

Opening scene: Damiel writing with a fountain pen.

Perhaps a Montblanc 146 with a smooth..juicy..wet broad Nib

Starts at 0:09 - 0:45

fpn_1516829588__derhimmel_uber_berlin87.

Fred

It seems nib was dipped in ink before to start writting.... :unsure:

It seems nib was dipped in ink before to start writting.... :unsure:

Or....prior to putting pen to paper....filled with his favorite ink..shakes..and didn't wipe nib.

After all Damiel desires to be human.........................................................................................

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

farmer Hoggett uses what appears to be a lever filler if some sort in “Babe” when he fills out the entry form for the sheepdog trials

Perry Mason has a 2-pen desk set, but I've never seen him use either one. Can't say if either is a fountain pen or not. They are dark and have a light colored end.

In The Light Between Two Oceans, both main characters are using fountain or dip pens in the early parts of the movie to write letters to each other. I looked for clips, but was unable to locate any. Interesting movie about different moral dilemmas in relationships of different types.

I'm new to FPN and this thread goes way back so forgive my ignorance. Has anyone captured the oh so dapper King of Hell, Crowley in Supernatural using a really beautiful fountain pen? I am way to inexperienced to know what it was but sure looked good.

I've seen it too, and I'm also very curious! Anyone that can help? Here is the clearest pictures I could capture.

My best guess is a custom made Delta Dolcevita. What do you think? Pics below.

/joar

pen1.jpg

pen2.jpg

pen3.jpg

delta-dolcevita-sv1.jpg

Or maby a Delta Mezzanotte?

24502500233_e70db5484f_z.jpg

Just saw the newly-released Phantom Thread with Daniel Day-Lewis. It's about a dressmaker in 1950s London (my wife is in the fashion biz, so Phantom Thread won out over Darkest Hour). Anyway, DD-L's character is constantly sketching dress designs with a fountain pen. He also is often seen with a pen in his shirt pocket. The camera never lingers long enough to make out the make and model, but my guess is that the pen in his pocket is an older Parker Duofold. It appears to have a ball clip and a flat black top. There is also a scene where the main character's sister is holding a fountain pen but, alas, I could not make that one out either.

I agree that Woodcock's pen appeared to be an oversize Duofold. A beautiful pen in any case, consistent with the character's aesthetic.

ron

Episode 3 of Black Lightning shows the villain Lady Eve writing a thank you note with an ornate fountain pen.

tumblr_p3jdetWyU31txl6nno1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p3jdetWyU31txl6nno2_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p3jdetWyU31txl6nno3_r1_540.gif

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

one of the most common stock photos of someone making a signature is of a Faber Castell Loom.

It's amazing how common FP's are in stock photos of people signing stuff.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Movie: 1984 {Black & White 1956}

Scene: At 6:54 Winston opens his diary and begins to write {name that fountain pen..metal cap..black barrel..open nib.}

"April 18, 1984 nobody keeps a diary today...because to do so would be punishable by death...........................................

Down With Big Brother." {loud knocking on his apartment door} he stops writing puts the diary away {FEAR} 8:45

Answers the door

Fred

Prester John.."the most important and beautiful false scoop in history." Umberto Eco

Edited by Freddy

In the 2016 movie "Alone in Berlin", the main character Otto Quangel uses a dip pen to write 285 post cards denouncing Hitler and the Nazi regime during World War II. During the movie a top SS officer uses a Pelikan 100 pen and a Kaweco pen lies on the police inspector's desk:

fpn_1518284246__alonepolice.jpg

I've been watching "The Crown". I don't know the brand, but Winston Churchill writes with a fountain pen. I am an antique inkwell collector and I watch for inkwells. There are several that show up on the desks in this movie of dignitaries (Churchill and Queen Elizabeth)

In the 2016 movie "Alone in Berlin", the main character Otto Quangel uses a dip pen to write 285 post cards denouncing Hitler and the Nazi regime during World War II. During the movie a top SS officer uses a Pelikan 100 pen and a Kaweco pen lies on the police inspector's desk:

Thanks, Carlos, for the reference to this film. I watched it last evening and it is excellent. Based on a true story.