Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo

Crewel

Aye aye aye. :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

Wow :puddle:, is this a review or what. I don't even know about the ink because I was too busy admiring all the different scripts that look printed.

Now for the ink, I was always tossing up between this and Kon-Peki, I opted for Kon-Peki, and don't get me wrong, it is a gorgeous well behaved ink, but I guess all Iroshizuku inks are like that.

I just want to say I hate you, (and thankyou) because now I will end up buying this ink now, which your purpose was by the sound of it, so congrats on that part, you nailed it. :thumbup:

I'm not sure if you have Kon-Peki, but if you like vibrant blue inks, I would recommend that you take a look at getting your hands on a bottle, and maybe you could do a review of it so I can adore more of your great handwriting in another great ink.

Thankyou,

Tom.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crewel

• KCat

• wastelanded

• tanalasta

Thank you for the fantastic review. All around, I think it is the best one I've seen yet. Your hand lettering is inspiring and your manner of review is like a well told story. I too love Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo, as well as almost every other ink the line that I've acquired so far. Tsuki-yo is special to me though.

I realize that you put this together a few years ago, but I wanted to let you know that it's still being appreciated and admired all of this time since.

I have only been in the fountain pen world for about a year now and my interest is continuing to grow with every new pen, ink and page that I write. When I begin writing my own reviews for my website penspaperandink.com, I will refer back to your excellent example and try to live up to it.

Thanks again,

Bodah ;)

bodah christiansen

bodahchristiansen@gmail.com

• 4 months later...

Crewel... yep, had to have it... half through the bottle, use this at work and play...finally decided to add to your post...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/Huntbuck/DSCN1299_zps613f4513.jpg

Lovely ink, lovely sketch. I love the Kon-Peki and will add this to my collection. Thanks

Beautiful ink, and handwriting to match!

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

• 1 year later...

Thanks to you I just bought a bottle of this ink through eBay. : )

Hello inkophiles! Because of your bad influences, my supply of inks have steadily grown. :glare::lticaptd: Initially, my current interest in Blue and Blue Black inks started off as a search for that perfect ink to be used with my Visconti Homo Sapien. I wanted a Dark Blue with good shading characteristics because the Homo Sapien is a fire hose, especially with the 1.3mm stub, and the ink must be one that can take full advantage of the nib. Hence, I settled on the Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo, Pilot's version of Blue Black. This is the first Iroshizuku I bought, and in my excitement, I wanted to give this ink some TLC before I wrote a review. The Tsuku-yo is a decently saturated ink with enough depth to satisfy most inkophiles' lusts as well as being a highly functional and suitable ink for every application from personal writings to professional correspondence. On the aesthetics side, Tsuki-yo has a very rich and dark Blue Black color with minimal gray undertones that shades like mad, especially in a wet nib. On the more technical side, Tsuki-yo exhibits good lubricity, so it should work well even in the driest of nibs. One caveat, the drier the nib, the lighter the shade. Tsuki-yo dries relatively quickly even on the Rhodia pad paper in the scans. It even has a relatively high degree of water-resistance. It's not archival quality, but your writing will still be legible. I hope the following scans will give you a good idea of what to expect with this ink. The scans attempt to show how versatile the ink can be in different nibs.http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy107/crewel/Ink%20Review%20-%20Iroshizuku%20Tsuki-yo/PilotIroshizukuTsuki-yoReview01.jpg?t=1284180221(1) Pilot VP, Medium - wetness about 5-6/10, (2) Stipula 22, Ti-flex (F) - very wet, (3) Lamy 2K, Medium - wetness about 5-6/10, (4) Parker Duofold, Italic Medium - decent wetness, (5) TWSBI 530, Medium - decent wetness. The writing samples with the above pens are comparisons of various Blues and Blue-Black inks - note the difference between Tsuki-yo and Noodler's Legal Lapis.A close up of the comparison writing sample.http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy107/crewel/Ink%20Review%20-%20Iroshizuku%20Tsuki-yo/PilotIroshizukuTsuki-yoReview03.jpg?t=1284182263The following calligraphy samples show variations in Calligraphy applications. The Copperplate was written with a vintage Pilot desk pen equipped with a Fine flexible nib. The Italics were written with an edged dip pen. I hope the comparison with Noodler's Legal Lapis shows that there is a difference in color. The last line of text was written with my Homo Sapien just to show what normal writing may look like with the 1.3mm stub. As the previous scan shows, the stub is capable of rendering a passable version of italics.http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy107/crewel/Ink%20Review%20-%20Iroshizuku%20Tsuki-yo/PilotIroshizukuTsuki-yoReview02.jpg?t=1284180221Enjoy!

Homo unius libri timeo.