• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crewel

• KCat

• wastelanded

• tanalasta

I ordered samples of most of the Iroshizuku line, and this was the one I liked most. This came as a huge surprise to be as I usually go with really bright and unusual colours. I was sure it was going to be Yama-Budo, Yu-Yaku and Ku-Jaku for me, but it turns out I prefer PR Plum, Apache Sunset, and PR Blue Suede. I usually think blue-blacks are a bit boring, but Tsuki-Yo is anything but. It's well saturated, but still shows excellent shading. It's got the tiniest bit of green, which is enough to make it a little quirky, but not enough to make it teal. Nice and smooth too.

I like the comparisons in your review - they're very accurate. After seeing your penmanship I'm reminded about that italic nib that I was thinking of getting...

• 2 months later...

Wow! Pilot should pay you for this review.

I was in dilemma to get Ku-Jaku; I like it but I want a darker hue. This one is perfect :thumbup: Thanks much for an excellent review.

This is one of my favorite inks, but I'm a little irritated that it doesn't seem to have the same effect upon my handwriting as it seems to have had upon the reviewer... :D

If only handwriting is included with the ink!~

I have three "blue" Iroshi inks Kon-peki, Ku-jaku and Tsuki-yo. They are all interesting in their own way but the one I use the most is Tsuki-yo. It is a beautiful inks that appears different with each change of pen / nib. :happyberet:

edited: Spelling again!

Edited by ravantra

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

So if I buy this ink, will my writing be as beautiful as that? :yikes:

Excellent review, thank you

I have this ink too. I must have got a bad bottle. My handwriting looks bad still. :ltcapd:

Incredible handwriting! :notworthy1:

Noodler's Bad Blue Heron looks relatively similar to this. The only Iroshizuku I've tried is Kon-peki, and it amazes me on so many levels. Wet, juicy flow yet quick drying. Good shading with a red sheen. Iroshizuku inks are expensive, but they justify their cost with an amazing assortment of colors and fantastic behavior. Add Tsuki-yo to the list of inks I'm looking forward to trying.

Edited by fourseamer

wonderful review and wonderful writing :thumbup: great ink too

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Thank you for that great review. I ordered a bottle today. Was looking for a new ink for a new pen, and this should fit it perfectly!

First case of major ink-lust. I am seeing how long I can resist buying a bottle. Excellent review, thank you!

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy107/crewel/Ink%20Review%20-%20Iroshizuku%20Tsuki-yo/PilotIroshizukuTsuki-yoReview01.jpg?t=1284180221

Enjoy!

I bought the ink, I wrote with it; my bottle is clearly defective, since the letters that come out are not like the example. :crybaby:

But I keep trying. Thanks for the inspiration!

I bought the ink, I wrote with it; my bottle is clearly defective, since the letters that come out are not like the example. :crybaby:

But I keep trying. Thanks for the inspiration!

Yes, if only! But I can't wait to see my chicken scratch in that shade.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

• 9 months later...

Crewel... yep, had to have it... half through the bottle, use this at work and play...finally decided to add to your post...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/Huntbuck/DSCN1299_zps613f4513.jpg

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Crewel... yep, had to have it... half through the bottle, use this at work and play...finally decided to add to your post...

I wish I could do a 'quick' sketch so well. Is that Tsuki-yo drawn with Tsuki-yo?

This ink is amazing. If I could only have one ink it would be this one.

I wish I could do a 'quick' sketch so well. Is that Tsuki-yo drawn with Tsuki-yo?

This ink is amazing. If I could only have one ink it would be this one.

I agree, totally amazing, from pen to pen, nib to nib it varies in coleration and shading, and they are all GOOD!

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Crewel,

That is fantastic, forget the Ink, Your Script/Handwriting is Gorgeous, you could write with Pickle Juice & it would look just as Lovely, Bravo for the great review [ink looks good too :rolleyes: ] But your pen to paper is what does the trick :clap1:

Cheers,

LF

Couldn't agree any more.