32, Anthropomorphic Pens & Pencils,

rhr

Trademark no. 62,119, Frank H. Mooney, "Fountain-Pens", Apr 16, 1907, used by the Mooney Pen Co. since Aug 10, 1904, an image of a crescent-shaped man in the moon, the last quarter phase, with a fountain pen behind his ear, and a script letter "e" as a rebus for the pen company name. Trademark no. 64,954, William Bolles Co., "Fountain-Pen And Parts Thereof", Aug 27, 1907, used since Jan 4, 1907, a caricature of a fountain pen with arms and legs and the words "Wm Bolles Pen" on its barrel bending over to drink from an inkwell. Trademark no. 254,313, Eberhard Faber Pencil Co., "Lead Pencils", Mar 19, 1929, used since Oct 5, 1928, the word "Mongol" on the side of a cartoon image of a pencil with little beady eyes, legs, and wings, looking like a little dinosaur chick.

George Kovalenko.

:ninja:

If you want to perform the trademark searches, simply cut and paste, or type the trademark numbers into the search window in the Trademark Document Retrieval Portlet.

rhrpen(at)gmail.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rhr

• Dave Johannsen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thansk for the Mooney Trademark (as you may or may not remember, I am interested in Frank Mooney and his pens). I also love the Bolles Trademark - that's great for a chuckle.

Dave

No problem. I have a vague recollection that you like Mooney pens, now that you remind me. Glad to have been of some help.

George Kovalenko.

:ninja:

Edited by rhr

rhrpen(at)gmail.com

No problem. I have a vague recollection that you like Mooney pens, now that you remind me. Glad to have been of some help.

Well, it's Mooney's thumb filler that is found on so many Century pens... How could I not be interested in him and his pens? :-)