What's The Most Difficult Letter For You To Form In Cursive?

dnb

I am still working on finding different G, I, and T's to use. I do not like them in their standard Palmer form.

Joshua

Field Marshall Viscount Montgomery: "I neither drink nor smoke and am a hundred percent fit"

Winston Churchill: "I drink and smoke and I am two hundred percent fit."

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KateGladstone

• bigstick

• dnb

• kanajlo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No so much individually, but as a group, writing in cursive, egypt is a pain in the wrist. Three descenders in a row. :crybaby: Similarly, gryphon is also a pain. Anything with multiple, consecutive, or nearly consecutive descenders are difficult to do with any finesse.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

lowercase b kills me. It's even worse when that lower case b is followed by an r... like break....

Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

For me it's the capital C - looks too much like an E when I write it. On the lowercase side it is the b,r and u/v letters-chains that kills me. A good example would be bruise.

Uppercase Zs are hard for me. I think it's because there's not a lot of reason to write them in English.

~Haley

Blog http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• 2 weeks later...

lowercase b kills me. It's even worse when that lower case b is followed by an r... like break....

Same here. I always just use a normal print looking b for my cursive.

Edited by joeeykn245

You would probably laugh a little, but for me it's the capital I's. Everything else is easy, it's just that when I do the I's, it turns out like a T or a J.

Ditto, for "b followed by r." And I have no excuse for not mastering it, since I've been writing it for some 4 decades.

-Debra

It's only an addiction if you try to stop.

Ditto, for "b followed by r." And I have no excuse for not mastering it, since I've been writing it for some 4 decades.

-Debra

Glad to see I am not the only one. Since I posted this, I have worked on it, and i think its gotten worse :(

Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Upper case J, M, N and lower case r.

I don't reverse strokes for my upper case E, just make a very narrow loop then back down.

Whether printing or writing cursive, low case "e" always does me in. If I try to make one as I learned in Peterson/Palmer style, it looks like a mini "l." I generally cope by writing a "c" then closing in the final stroke. But the outcome looks different every time. It is the letter from hell for me.

Edited: I said mini "l" (L) above, but in this font it looks like an upper case "i."

Edited by FrankB

B and D for me, :(

I don't know about the B, but if you can make figure 8s, I might try making a 8 slanted to the right, get used to that, then try opening it up on one end and close it up on the other. Let me know if that works?

What else do we have in life if not to help each other?

Anyone find there is less of a problem making certain letters with different nibs? I find an italic or wide italic helps tremendously on m, n, e, r.

Edited by dnb

What else do we have in life if not to help each other?

I can agree fully that italic nibs help me in writing "m, n, and r," in fact they help my writing in general. But, they still do not help me much with "e," the bane of my writing existence.

I have a bad habit of looping lower case "t" and not looping "h" or "k". When I get in a hurry, my writing falls to chicken scratch VERY quickly, and unfortunately, I seem to always be in a hurry!

And yes individual letters are no problem whatsoever, but I do tend to botch combos frequently. In 'service' my brain tells me I wrote all the letters then after proof reading I realize I smooshed the rvi into one letter!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

• 2 weeks later...

Lower case r's, k's, and g's. When I write quickly the r's look like i's, the k's look like h's, and the upper part of the g's fail to complete and end up looking like y's.

"When your favorite cup breaks, remember it is only a cup." - Epictetus: Enchiridion"