• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Very good, Dominic.
At first sight I can't tell where the original is, and where is the copy. :)

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

Good to see you back. I really like the work. Should I try a Rapidograph once again...?

@[member='parkerwasmyfirstlove'] Thanks! Yes, please do.

Today I plan to use the Masuyama Needlepoint from FC. I'll post once it is done

@[member='Andrew_L'], Thanks for showing us the wonderful sketches.

Edited by flummoxed

Thank you Andrew.

Flummoxed: Sooo, I should buy one of these again when I have the opportunity to get a cheap one.

With what width should I go and would you suggest a disposable one over a refillable one.

Once I were done with technical drawing, I threw all of these away because I couldn‘t stand them anymore, ah well...

Anyway:

I‘m also using still this parker as my go to work pen, funny this is my most expensive pen:

37201518190_fbca149873_z_d.jpg

Cool pen's sketch, Dominik!

I do not remember showing or not. I also had Parker Duofold NS, but very vintage (1946 yr).

spacer.png

Thank you Andrew.

Flummoxed: Sooo, I should buy one of these again when I have the opportunity to get a cheap one.

With what width should I go and would you suggest a disposable one over a refillable one.

Once I were done with technical drawing, I threw all of these away because I couldn‘t stand them anymore, ah well...

I prefer the refillable ones as I would like to change inks and reuse the pens. I started with the 0.1mm and might add the 0.7mm soon.

Parkerwasmyfirstlove; How I love your pen drawings! :wub: Beautiful. And very inspiring.

If I ever attempt to write pen reviews, it will have to include something like this

Another attempt at understanding etching, this is from 1497 by Albrecht Dürer and is titled "The Four Witches". This widely distributed print helped set a late Renaissance precedent to depict witches as nude young woman. 'O.G.H' in the dated sphere has been interpreted as 'O Gott hüte' or Oh God save us (from the witches).

Paper: Moleskine

Ink: Private Reserve Chocolat
Nib: F-C Masuyama Needlepoint
Pen: Fosfor Sandalwood

Cross-posted on my Instagram

22158649_363600454053333_874715966953068

Edited by flummoxed

Very good copy.

Two faces on the right, turned out very good-natured:).

Thanks.

Haha, I wasn't able to capture the snarl from the original.

It's not only inktober, it's also pucktober!

91378820171001085827b.jpg

Inks used: Diamine Aqua lagoon and Diamine Jet black.

Aqua Lagoon is just my favourite ink. These pictures don't do justice to its vibrancy. Unlike many inks that fade when drying, Aqua Lagoon stays bright and vivid; this particular page of my sketchbook just seems to glow! The ink already shades nicely on its own, but mixing with the Jet Black (that has no water resistance whatsoever) gave it even more depth.

64590392c.jpg

(loosely inspired by a photo of player Logan Couture. I am a disaster at drawing anything realistic so i don't even try)

Edited by EBGBs

Cyber6: thanks.

Sketch in the style of the old Japanese monochrome painting.
An illustration of a fragment of a verse in russian, but with a very Japanese thought, almost like a hokku.

Oljgas Sulejmenov

We want to reach the light,
For a lie down like a shadow tight.
When higher we ascended,
Then our shadow is longer tended ....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another attempt at understanding etching, this is from 1497 by Albrecht Dürer and is titled "The Four Witches". This widely distributed print helped set a late Renaissance precedent to depict witches as nude young woman. 'O.G.H' in the dated sphere has been interpreted as 'O Gott hüte' or Oh God save us (from the witches).

Paper: Moleskine

Ink: Private Reserve Chocolat Nib: F-C Masuyama Needlepoint Pen: Fosfor Sandalwood

Cross-posted on my Instagram

22158649_363600454053333_874715966953068

I really like this

It's not only inktober, it's also pucktober!

91378820171001085827b.jpg

Inks used: Diamine Aqua lagoon and Diamine Jet black.

Aqua Lagoon is just my favourite ink. These pictures don't do justice to its vibrancy. Unlike many inks that fade when drying, Aqua Lagoon stays bright and vivid; this particular page of my sketchbook just seems to glow! The ink already shades nicely on its own, but mixing with the Jet Black (that has no water resistance whatsoever) gave it even more depth.

64590392c.jpg

(loosely inspired by a photo of player Logan Couture. I am a disaster at drawing anything realistic so i don't even try)

And this is really good, I like it very much.

Cyber6: thanks. Sketch in the style of the old Japanese monochrome painting.An illustration of a fragment of a verse in russian, but with a very Japanese thought, almost like a hokku. Oljgas Sulejmenov We want to reach the light,For a lie down like a shadow tight.When higher we ascended,Then our shadow is longer tended .... https://images.vfl.ru/ii/1507640538/7e964415/18939037_m.jpg https://images.vfl.ru/ii/1507640538/370b016f/18939040_m.jpg

Oh wow!