FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

^^^^ Andrew and Tas, love your contributions, a wonderful contrast to my skraggly skribbles :D

I'm unsure whether I like the EF in my Pentalic notebook, in the Seawhite of Brighton it performs ok, but with a bit too much feedback for my taste anyway - especially when standing.

That's a good thing about the Lamy ALs, swappable nibs, sturdy enough, quite cheap and no emotional value attached in my case. I even have a spare grip section with feed - a good investment imho. Also I really like the Sailor permanent black ink.

36396945400_9bccf894dd_z_d.jpg

Here is the AL-Star. I drew this while waiting for my appointment with the doctor. My time was very limited, but when it was my turn, I was done.

36068524694_946b4790ff_z_d.jpg

This is the pentalic notebook. The paper is very nice for fountain pens, but in combination with the EF nib a bit starnge. Also with (the Sailor) ink it's a bit prone to smudging. However this makes a great notebook, but I'm probably stressing the paper a bit to much here.

I need to practice my pwnies, lol.

36094489923_f1ff9762c5_z_d.jpg

This is my most favourite in the pentalic notebook so far. Also I loved this monochrome girl - I gave more colour than she actually had. She had a cute tummy <3

36798945661_2a01140134_z_d.jpg

The last sketch in the pentalic notebook so far. This time I drew over a premade background, really pushing the limits of the paper with wet media. I don't like this sketch very much, but I like the guy with the glasses and the white shirt in the back.

36104355874_077824b9bd_z_d.jpg

A dog's commute. Again, trying my luck, painting over a premade background with better results, imho. This time my A5 landscape seawhite of Brighton sketchbook, great value for very little money, highly recommended. :)

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

^^^^ Andrew and Tas, love your contributions, a wonderful contrast to my skraggly skribbles :D

36094489923_f1ff9762c5_z_d.jpg

Thank you.

This one really stands out for me. Beautifully observed !

What I almost forgot:

36742682746_996a13e87a_z_d.jpg

I sketched this on location, but was unable to finish it and completed it at home.

This is the typical architecture here.

I used my Moleskine watercolour sketchbook which I got for free, which was very cool.

36756884906_870aaed65e_z_d.jpg

Here you have my mobile set up.

And now to something not really fountainpen related, but I thought, I might share it as well.

Lately I'm experimenting with clingfoil to create a few funky effects. This was the first batch:

36756771356_ce9a20a83e_z_d.jpg

And the finished product...

36136174173_bde424fb0b_z_d.jpg

At least a brushpen with ink was involved here.

And speaking of ink, I recently filled a waterbrush pen with diluted Pelikan Skribtol, indian ink. This is a nice tool for quickly adding shades. I recently really came to like that quick urban sketching. It gives me an opportunity to practice and helps me to get over my OCD or procrastrination when it comes to painting. I mean, getting straight lines really is hard, when sitting in a train, right?

Oh and the numbers just refer to the sketches already done this year. There might be more skribbles, but not necessarily counted as sketches, more like when it feels like a sketch. The last example of the clingfoil experiment hardly qualifies as being counted, but it could. It's just more an experiment.

Loving the cling film !

I spilt a load of ink onto a cloth and then dabbed & rolled the cloth onto some paper. Similarly random results.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_great_minds.jpeg

Can you make out a badger on the right hand side - Rorschach stylee . . . ?

Edited by Tas

Thank you.

This one really stands out for me. Beautifully observed !

Thank you, yes, I love her <3. There is a little story to that sketch. I was standing at the platform in the morning and usually I don't sketch before work, I try to practice my Japanese on my way to work, but that girl with the huge backpack was standing next to me, waiting for the train. Distracted with her cell. I had only about four minutes or less. So I took out my sketchbook and jotted down a few quick lines with my pencil.

On the train to work I went on with my japanese as usual. On my way back, however, when waiting for my train, I didn't find an appropriate victim, so I took my time to sketch the station around that girl. The lineworks and coloring was done on the train on my way back home. Also I found this time of quickly sketching really practices your observation skills and recalling them later. Currently this is more fun than life drawing sessions which I will resume at some point in the future.

And I'll be going on an urban sketchcrawl this weekend. I'm already excited about the outcome.

Loving the cling film !

I spilt a load of ink onto a cloth and then dabbed & rolled the cloth onto some paper. Similarly random results.http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_great_minds.jpeg

Can you make out a badger on the right hand side - Rorschach stylee . . . ?

Yes, I see it, now you mention it ;)

On 8/31/2017 at 5:09 AM, SNAK said:

I admire all (ALL) of your work you put up. But I LOVE THAT INK WELL! Could you please show us a close up photo if you get a chance?

Thanks!

Sorry, I left and did not read the forum.

I did this work for a French competition on Valentine's Day (February 14). Unfortunately, nothing has won :).

I can not find the work now itself to take a bigger picture.

spacer.png

spacer.png

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

Pen: Namisu Nova, Titanium EF nib.

Ink: A mix.

Paper: Cass Art 300gsm Watercolour.

Fantastic tonal work.

Very airy and alive.

I also had experiments with ink without fountain\dip pens. This project I did two years before I began to take an interest fountain pens, calligraphy and sketching.

These are several works from more to implement the idea:

spacer.png

These are the 2 works that I chose:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the final version that I composed in Photoshop:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

36104355874_077824b9bd_z_d.jpg

A dog's commute. Again, trying my luck, painting over a premade background with better results, imho. This time my A5 landscape seawhite of Brighton sketchbook, great value for very little money, highly recommended. :)

I like this work! For some reason, it reminded me of my childhood and the "The Star Diaries and Memoirs of a Space Traveller Ijon Tichy by science fiction writer Stanisław Lem. :)

Thanks for sharing your work.

Yesterday I went on a sketchcrawl in Basel with the urban sketchers Switzerland. Took our oldest daughter with me. We had much fun setching all day.

On the way there:

36172141634_e17bbc63b3_z_d.jpg

Outside of the art museum:

37007876285_60640e1e01_z_d.jpg

Inside:

36879440041_f95db8ec58_z_d.jpg

In Basel:

37007876245_41ec7aac60_z_d.jpg

^This is my personal favourite of the batch. Actually I didn't want to sketch such a complicated scene in my small book in probably half an hour or 45 min. But I'm happy I did and how it turned out.

I also sketched on my way back home:

36623063550_1b47774c56_z_d.jpg

I really liked this woman, she was quite stocky, but in a very attractive way (at least for me).

A small sketch that I make for QOTW on classic Japanese drawings.

spacer.png

"echoes of a handclap a prayer to the down the next bright summer moon", Matsuo Basho.