FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

Very nice bamboo and rainy street scene Andrew. It's always fun to see the different styles.

Thanks! I'm just learning to write well and see the world around me. I also like your colorfull work. I also experimented to combine fountain ink and watercolor:). I do not know if it's appropriate to show in this thread, because it's near to the write, than to the drawing.

Waterman tender purple........... Sailor Murasaki,

It seems to me is your Waterman purple color is more deeper than Sailor in your pen.

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Hi again people:)

One more old sketch.

I draw it when read to my sun "Treasure Island" - is an adventure novel by Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson.

Many pens, many inks, many different nibs and a little space:)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Whoa! Andrew, so nice. Also pirates are cool, arrgh!

Also I personally wouldn't worry about posting mixed media pictures here.

If the picture has fountain pen ink in it or if - like in my case - the sketch was started using a fountain pen, even if you don't really see the fountainpen part of the picture, I'd see it fif to be posted here, because the ink or the pen or both played a vital role nonetheless.

But we'll see what the others will say.

Anyway, here 100% ink and fountain pen on tomoe river. I was trying out a wash/ gradient here. :)

34768052160_d795f5a85b_z_d.jpg

:wub: Gorgeous stuff there Parkerwasmyfirstlove!! :wub:

Anyway, here 100% ink and fountain pen on tomoe river. I was trying out a wash/ gradient here. :)

Oh-ho-ho! Fantastic stretching color mix! I like this very much! Time before a hurricane!

If you add 2 small birds silhouette on the blue(on wires) - this will be a finished work with elements of romance and a thriller :).

Thanks! I'm just learning to write well and see the world around me. I also like your colorfull work. I also experimented to combine fountain ink and watercolor:). I do not know if it's appropriate to show in this thread, because it's near to the write, than to the drawing.

It seems to me is your Waterman purple color is more deeper than Sailor in your pen.

Oh, I didn't see this. Yes, the murasaki is pretty dark, but compared to the waterman it seems muted. The waterman looks more vibrant and rich.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see there was this thread and did a new one to put my messy sketches in.

Here is one. Done with a Platinum #3776 Soft fine and Iroshizuku Take-sumi.

woD3y.jpg

Hi all -- I am totally new to FPN, and am so excited to be here! I just met up with my local pen meetup for the first time, and was given a "Pay It Forward Box" full of all kinds of fountain pen related goodies (I've been instructed to play with it to my heart's content, sharing pics as I go, then find someone else to pass it along to). This is my first little experiment, using some of the things in the box as well as a few of my own.

The goods:

Ink: L'artisan Pastellier Grenat

Paper: Claire Fontaine Triomphe (I was really impressed by how well it handled this much water)

Pens: Noodler's Ahab Flex for the writing, Pentel Water Brush Pen, and a Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen for the stars.

post-137082-0-22260800-1497985403_thumb.jpg

WOA!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! (Pink Salt, Coarse, Sea Salt??... Any suggestions?) :lol:

35305026831_dd00c7e583_z_d.jpg
Waterman tender purple, Diamine terrakotta, salt, sketchbook.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

WOA!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! (Pink Salt, Coarse, Sea Salt??... Any suggestions?) :lol:

Thank you. Usually you would use coarse salt, but I had only the fine grain stuff at home. I think the larger chunks would be easier from the surface once it's dry.

The salt binds water (and the ink pigments in it), so any salt is good. Might even work with uncooked rice.

Thank you. Usually you would use coarse salt, but I had only the fine grain stuff at home. I think the larger chunks would be easier from the surface once it's dry.

The salt binds water (and the ink pigments in it), so any salt is good. Might even work with uncooked rice.

THANKS!!!! (running to get some salt.. and rice... lol) :D :D

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Ups, I meant. The larger chunks are possibly easier to remove/ brush off.

It's a technique you use for painting on silk, I just remembered. There is particular "salt for effects" available for that.

Ups, I meant. The larger chunks are possibly easier to remove/ brush off.

It's a technique you use for painting on silk, I just remembered. There is particular "salt for effects" available for that.

That makes PERFECT sense.... since I have scarves that remind me of your painting... LOL... :D :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

• 2 weeks later...

I have neglecting this thread a little bit and since I've been trying to be productive, I'm now flooding it, I'm afraid . This is my latest sketch:

34847756884_0559e4d09b_z_d.jpg

I'm using parker Duofold Centennial (F) to lay down the lines here. Ink is Diamine Terrakotta. Paper is a Canson Sketchbook and the watercolours are Van Gogh. I used the Signo uniball for highlights.