FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

2nd, I really like to see how you sketch with those broader nibs.

Thanks very much, I'm really liking the thick lines. In fact I'm trying to find a thicker nib (round, not italic) and am having trouble. I was thinking of posting something about that in one of the other forums (nibs and tines seems like the place ? I'll double check I can't find anything else about it first)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Lovely. Personally I think, I can't get enough practice - especially these days.

32565216766_dbdc2b0fbf_z_d.jpg

Latest presketch for a larger piece in a field notes notebook

31793788623_b563420c15_z_d.jpg

And a finished piece done with fountainpen and watercolour plus a bit pencils and gellyroll for more contrast.

Love the cacti piece! The colours are awesome together and I had to google a 'gellyroll' so now I know what those are lol.

Had this in my mind for a week or so. Finally did it yesterday evening.

post-133810-0-45518300-1486573946_thumb.jpg

Kaweco Sport Skyline with Pelikan Black, Lamy AL-Star with Lamy blue for the drop and some 30-year old color pencils of different brands.

post-133810-0-72212700-1486572534_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifinktankarranged.jpg

Kaweco Sport Skyline with Pelikan Black, Lamy AL-Star with Lamy blue for the drop and some 30-year old color pencils of different brands.

attachicon.gifInk_Tank.jpg

Cool inktank, love the detailed machinery. Better use that old pecils up - as I'm doing right now. Over time the do get quite crumbly.

Yesterday I concocted this:

32689748632_57c0a5f660_z_d.jpg

I wanted to do this fanart for a long time, but not until recently, all came together. Experimenting with brushpens, washes and collage techniques.

The face was sketched on an old exercise sheet. The japanese writing was probably done with red quink and a Parker 25, but I'm only guessing here. Then glued into my vintage diary where I did a wash with Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire and Sailor shigure.

The hair was done with a Pentel Aquash filled with Pelikan black Scribtol - love that combination.

Hatching was done with a Tombow brushpen.

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

I used a photograph of the famous Tiger I N°131 as a template. I couldn't do this out of my memory. I'm good with machines, but not that good. :lol:

Great picture, parkerwasmyfirstlove. These amazing techniques are far beyond my abilities. :)

I used a photograph of the famous Tiger I N°131 as a template. I couldn't do this out of my memory. I'm good with machines, but not that good. :lol:

Using references is a valid thing.

Great picture, parkerwasmyfirstlove. These amazing techniques are far beyond my abilities. :)

Thank you very much. Actually it's not so complicated.

32013245264_3c3d86f76d_z_d.jpg

I've been experimenting with these techniques lately.

32013290974_5400172ac8_z_d.jpg

32702755722_a63111ea9e_z_d.jpg

Edited by parkerwasmyfirstlove

Cool drawings, I like the strangeness of the goat person, but I really like the background. What did you use for the leaves, flowers, and black ? Is that all ink or something else ?

The goat girl was done on scrap paper with fountainpen and bruskpen and then glued on to the background. But that wasn't your question.

The black was done with Pelikan Scribtol (drawing ink) in a brushpen.

The vines were sketched with white pencil and then coloured with green watercolor,

Afterwards I used green pencils over that.

Initially I didn't wan't to post that here because there's not much fountainpen involved here. I posted it to explain how I have been trying ot this technique lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to make another map. Lamy Al-Star with an extra fine nib and a Platinum carbon brush pen with the included cartridge.

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag244/paganarcher2/maps/20170303_012228_zpsfcqh9xku_edit_1488529309410_zpsp79yagnk.jpg

Edited by PaganArcher

attachicon.gifinktankarranged.jpg

attachicon.gifInk_Tank.jpg

I'm showing this to my son. He drew me a batman-esque (or Bond-esque) car with FP turrets, ink blobs and ink eradicator (instead of oil).

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I hope so, my birthday is coming up. :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

Here is one after a long time,

17494240_527002154354406_246299569936557

From the delightful 'Victorian England as seen by Punch', the original caption read: 'Sketch of a bench on the boulevards, occupied by Four English people who only know each other by sight', this was sketched in 1870.
Ink: Higgins Calligraphy Waterproof Black
Nib: Esterbrook 355 in a Speedball
Paper: Moleskine Sketchbook

I must admit this definitely trumps drawing with Rotring.

I have cross-posted this on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BR8nJDRlcwa/

Here is one after a long time,

17494240_527002154354406_246299569936557

From the delightful 'Victorian England as seen by Punch', the original caption read: 'Sketch of a bench on the boulevards, occupied by Four English people who only know each other by sight', this was sketched in 1870.

Ink: Higgins Calligraphy Waterproof Black

Nib: Esterbrook 355 in a Speedball

Paper: Moleskine Sketchbook

I must admit this definitely trumps drawing with Rotring.

I have cross-posted this on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BR8nJDRlcwa/

:wub:

Oh, the colours too !

Also I've been away a bit. Simply because my latest sketches weren't necessarily fountainpen sketches.

But here is one 100% fountainpen ink and the lines were done with my Delta Dolcevita and Iroshizuku chiku rin.

32728205554_2134019db1_z_d.jpg