• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Ink drawing from today...

30065113535_e11d15ee3a_b.jpg

Pen: TWSBI Mini Classic pen with vintage 14K "Standard" nib

Ink: De Atramentis Document Black
Paper: Saunders Waterford 300gsm Hot Press watercolour paper made into A5 size sketchbook

Not at home at the moment, so I don't have access to the scanner, but I've started up with this year's Inktober. Hopefully I will get stuff posted in a few days (between loads of laundry, catching up with a week's plus worth of mail, assorted projects I've probably foolishly agreed to take part in, and finishing up and printing off handouts for a class I'm teaching this upcoming weekend (OMG -- it's less than a week away, and I have to also check on some stuff for the OTHER class I'm teaching...).

SNAK, that whale is pretty terrific looking!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Very nice humpback whale, I have quite a few dip nibs, but wasn't too keen on trying them yet.

29788046540_4995c440e4_z_d.jpg

Presketch for a commission, haven't done animals for quite a while and it should look realistic.

TWSBI ECO (EF) Waterman absolute brown

And TWSBI 580 Diamond AL Lava (F) Iroshizuku yuu-yake for the first lines.

Ruth: I look forward to being able to see your drawing. Good luck with the weekend teaching!

parkerwasmyfirstlove: That is a gorgeous looking pooch drawing! I love it! Please show us more. :)

flummoxed: I can't wait to see your Inktober drawings!

Very nice humpback whale, I have quite a few dip nibs, but wasn't too keen on trying them yet.

29788046540_4995c440e4_z_d.jpg

Presketch for a commission, haven't done animals for quite a while and it should look realistic.

TWSBI ECO (EF) Waterman absolute brown

And TWSBI 580 Diamond AL Lava (F) Iroshizuku yuu-yake for the first lines.

I can only begin to imagine the time spent on this beauty. It's gorgeous.

14550029_1071621526240912_74985422176449

A quick sketch from a photo of the Venkatappa Art Gallery in Bangalore. As usual, Sheaffer Skrip Brown in a Gama Skyline with a Schmidt No.5 (F).

Cross-posted from my Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/flumm0x3d/)

Wow! That's fabulous!

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ruth: I look forward to being able to see your drawing. Good luck with the weekend teaching!

parkerwasmyfirstlove: That is a gorgeous looking pooch drawing! I love it! Please show us more. :)

flummoxed: I can't wait to see your Inktober drawings!

I posted one SNAK!

Wow! That's fabulous!

Thanks Ruth!

I posted one SNAK!

That is a great sketch! I love your free flowing style. How long did it take you to do it?

I am petrified of drawing buildings but if I see a perfectly cube-shaped building, I shall give it a try, I think.

This is mine from today.

29482203823_fc09dcc6a8_b.jpg

29815033080_c6fb580963_b.jpg

Pen: TWSBI Vac 700 pen with vintage Massag 57G dip pen

Ink: Platinum Carbon Black ink
Paper: Saunders Waterford 300gsm Hot Press watercolour paper made into A5 size sketchbook

That is a great sketch! I love your free flowing style. How long did it take you to do it?

I am petrified of drawing buildings but if I see a perfectly cube-shaped building, I shall give it a try, I think.

This is mine from today.

29482203823_fc09dcc6a8_b.jpg

Pen: TWSBI Vac 700 pen with vintage Massag 57G dip pen

Ink: Platinum Carbon Black ink

Looks like I'm gong to enjoy October.

Keep them coming . . .

This is mine from today.

Thank you, it took me about 45 minutes as I was getting back to sketching after a long break.

I love the fact that you are using a dip nib in an FP. I have a bunch of Massag (stiff) nibs with me. I should try them out in one of my eyedroppers to practice my lithograph experiments. The images that you and Ruth post seem so polished! I'd love to get there some day.

Here is mine from today, a not-so-quick study of Baldung's Bewitched Groom from 1544-5. Not a good idea to pick this for a daily sketch nor is it ideal to use a medium nib on a fountain pen for such hatching. Sheaffer Skrip Brown in a Gama Skyline with a Schmidt No.5 (F). Yes, I do need a lot of practice with my hatching.

14533634_170512716730867_864205789419746

Hello folks, I was gone a long time ago, I see you've been diligent

and very creative :)

Here are some of my works

rogonos.jpg

Thank you, it took me about 45 minutes as I was getting back to sketching after a long break.

I love the fact that you are using a dip nib in an FP. I have a bunch of Massag (stiff) nibs with me. I should try them out in one of my eyedroppers to practice my lithograph experiments. The images that you and Ruth post seem so polished! I'd love to get there some day.

Here is mine from today, a not-so-quick study of Baldung's Bewitched Groom from 1544-5. Not a good idea to pick this for a daily sketch nor is it ideal to use a medium nib on a fountain pen for such hatching. Sheaffer Skrip Brown in a Gama Skyline with a Schmidt No.5 (F). Yes, I do need a lot of practice with my hatching.

14533634_170512716730867_864205789419746

Wow flummoxed, your study of Baldung's plate is wonderful!! I would love to see more. :thumbup: You should definitely try those dip nibs in a fountain pen. If you have an ebonite feed in the fountain pen you could pretty easily heatset the feed to match the contour of the feed.

Hello folks, I was gone a long time ago, I see you've been diligent

and very creative :)

Here are some of my works

rogonos.jpg

Welcome back, Wolf. Lovely to see you jump in to show us your work. Your rhino has amazing texture on his skin. What pen did you use for this work?

Nothing to show from me today, I am nursing a migraine at the moment, I think I need to have the strength of my contact lenses checked soon... I will be looking forward to seeing more from everyone. Anyone lurking? Don't be shy, please show us your pen and ink doodles and art!

Edited by SNAK

Welcome back, Wolf. Lovely to see you jump in to show us your work. Your rhino has amazing texture on his skin. What pen did you use for this work?

Nothing to show from me today, I am nursing a migraine at the moment, I think I need to have the strength of my contact lenses checked soon... I will be looking forward to seeing more from everyone. Anyone lurking? Don't be shy, please show us your pen and ink doodles and art!

Thank you SNAK, I'm glad I'm here again.

I use Rotring Art pen - EF, and one another FP, I made him EEF( I called - extra extra fine :D )

I sharpened his top with very small grinder. Great for small details.

KIng Regards and and that as soon as you pass the migraine.

p.s.

Next time I'll show my FPN's :)

Edited by wolf73

Wolf: I can't wait to see more!

This is all I got tonight before I go to bed. A little doodle on a note I wrote for another thread on FPN. What a cop out!

30150161835_41ab304d85_b.jpg

This is today's drawing. I am developing intolerance to lactose gradually, so my main pick-me-up first thing in the morning is soy latte. Then I can function enough to get the kids lunches packed etc. :D School holiday is about to end so hectic morning routine will return next week, sadly.

30136048076_67251b5e36_b.jpg

30170730285_f7d85eaa2c_b.jpg

Pens Used:

TWSBI Mini Classic with vintage 14k "Standard" nib, Platinum Carbon Black ink
TWSBI Vac 700 Amber with vintage Waterman's IDEAL #4 nib, Platinum Pigment Brun Sepia ink