• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Lovely, Pira.

Part of a class project - "96 drawings of one object" from a few years ago. Most were pencil, charcoal and acrylic but these two were felt-tip on 4" x 4" bristol board.

Now I'll put in a plug for TPF's Weekly Sketch.

Edited by snowbear

Snowbear...I am sensing a theme here :D

It would be fun to see them all lined up. My fantasy trees aside I'd have a hard time drawing an object 96 times....although I have to admit that it is a good exercise. Cute little guy(s)

Hello everyone,

this is my beginner's work, nothing especially

FP is some inexpensive chinese - Beifa

http://s12.postimg.org/63ot7kdi5/pigeon.jpg

Hello everyone,

Hi Wolf, I do not agree that this is nothing special, this is really good!

Keep it coming!

If this is a beginner's work I'm looking forward to your advanced stuff.

Today's Sketch: De Atramentis ~ Apple Blossom ink (drawn with the same) using a vintage Burnham 56 & a #6 watercolour round brush, on Stillman&Birn Zeta paper.

It's isn't just my lack of eye/hand coordination. The bottle of ink really has a strange bubble in the bottom that causes the ink to bleed out in a strange direction.

23125624815_83fb6c728a_b.jpgSketch: De Atramentis Apple Blossom by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Hello everyone,

Beginner or not, you drew a very nice bird there :D

Looking forward to more shares from you.

Hello everyone,

Stunning. I can see that as someone's letterhead. More please . . . :)

Today's Sketch: De Atramentis ~ Apple Blossom ink (drawn with the same) using a vintage Burnham 56 & a #6 watercolour round brush, on Stillman&Birn Zeta paper.

It's isn't just my lack of eye/hand coordination. The bottle of ink really has a strange bubble in the bottom that causes the ink to bleed out in a strange direction.

23125624815_83fb6c728a_b.jpgSketch: De Atramentis Apple Blossom by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Pira this one's alive . . . ! :)

This morning I was writing a short note to a friend, and included this little drawing at the bottom.

post-100505-0-49193400-1447888245.png

Pen: Noodler's Ahab with Goulet EF nib
Ink: Diamine Amazing Amethyst
Paper: Rhodia pad

I used a watercolor brush with a tiny bit of water to push the color around.

Thank you all very much, I'm really beginner in the work with ink.

I have worked more with graphite and charcoal.

I probably gained drawing some practice with these techniques. I wasn't working a lot with ink
but I try to practice as much as possible depending on my free time.

Thanks again, see soon !

--

That is a gorgeous colour, and beautiful rendition of the round glass bottle as always. I love seeing your pen shots too!

This morning I was writing a short note to a friend, and included this little drawing at the bottom.

attachicon.gifamethyst-frog.png

That will sure make your friend happy to see that (I assume they are not afraid of frogs). I saw a collection of letters by Beatrix Potter with lovely illustrations and drawings like that. She used to do that I a lot apparently. You did it so well!

Thank you all very much, I'm really beginner in the work with ink.

I have worked more with graphite and charcoal.

I probably gained drawing some practice with these techniques. I wasn't working a lot with ink

but I try to practice as much as possible depending on my free time.

Thanks again, see soon !

Your foundational skills from your work with graphite/charcoal is showing clearly. I loved it!

Snowbear...I am sensing a theme here :D

It would be fun to see them all lined up. My fantasy trees aside I'd have a hard time drawing an object 96 times....although I have to admit that it is a good exercise. Cute little guy(s)

Definitely a theme. The same object for all drawings. Unfortunately, some are in bad shape but I'll see if I can salvage any more. I should do this exercise again with one of my other bears.

Definitely a theme. The same object for all drawings. Unfortunately, some are in bad shape but I'll see if I can salvage any more. I should do this exercise again with one of my other bears.

You are giving me an idea for a theme: Pick one object ~ 7 days / 7 ink drawings B)

That is a gorgeous colour, and beautiful rendition of the round glass bottle as always. I love seeing your pen shots too!

Thank-you. Ugh the shape drives me insane but keep telling myself it's good practice. The colour is actually very pleasant. I just recieved this bottle as a gift and am most pleased with the shade....but not so much with the fragrance. It has pretty much nothing to do with apple blossoms, tending to be very your face. Luckily DA scented inks quickly lose their fragrance when exposed to air so your written word and pen won't smell of it. I sent a friend a vial of DA Plum (another mysteriously floral, syrupy smelling ink) and he said there was no scent at all in the ink. It was a few weeks between decanting and using so there are ways around the worst of it.

As for the pen shots ~ thank-you. I rarely take pix of the pens. I've been bouncing around my negected babies for these drawings so I thought I'd share them too. I'm not a connoisseur of pens, prefering old workhorses. Pearls before swine otherwise.

Lucky friend to recieve a note via frogmail :)

Edited by Pira

attachicon.gifamethyst-frog.png

Nice!