FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

Inktober 2015 ~ #16 is a sprig of Virginia Creeper drawn with Diamine Ancient Copper, Wagner, Red Dragon & Twilight as well as Platinum Carbon Black on Stillman & Birn, Zeta paper.

22235823991_d453d8c2dc_b.jpgInktober 2015 ~ #16 by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

inkstainedruth

Nice Ruth ~ you are catching up in fine style :)

flummoxed

Nice bit of urban sketching! Where were you? :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Inktober 2015 ~ #17 is a twig from a Burning bush, drawn with Mont Blanc Pink, Diamine Amber & Autumn Oak, Standardgraph ~ Reed green, Walnut ink & Platinum Carbon Black on Stillman&Birn, Zeta paper.

Goodness those things turn a startling pink when the weather gets cool!

22268171981_ccf8496962_b.jpgInktober 2015 _~ #17 by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

I'm once again trying to play catch-up. Friday was pretty stressful and so I did two on Saturday when I was out at an SCA event -- but didn't get home until midnight. And then Sunday I had a huge amount of laundry to get done, plus some other chores. So not only did I not get the previous two uploaded, I didn't get a drawing done yesterday. So I did two for today, and here are all four....

This first one was sort of a partial -- because people went and sat in the chairs....

fpn_1445290063__inktober_day_16.jpg

The second was only the second time I've tried to do quick sketches of people in a LOONG time. And yes, what the guy has on his head *is* a crown. He's currently the king of our regional SCA kingdom.

fpn_1445290281__inktober_day_17.jpg

The third one is of my husband's C-pap mask and alarm clock, on a chair next to the bed.

fpn_1445290392__inktober_day_18.jpg

The last one is of some very tall weed, currently in bloom outside my back door (there are these huge flower spikes, but only very small (maybe 1/2") yellow flowers on the tips of a couple of the spikes at present). Don't know what it is, but the top spike is about 5' tall; just below where the page (and the leaves) end in the drawing is where the bottom of the back door window hits.

fpn_1445290531__inktober_day_19.jpg

Hopefully I will get back on track tomorrow (a lot of this morning was taken up with dealing with BS with one of our credit cards -- the one issued through Sam's Club -- and so my response to the schmucks at the issuing bank is to say, "Okay, I don't have to use this card at all. For anything. Including at Sam's Club, other than to wave it at people as proof of membership when I walk in the door.... (Sam's Club toll free customer service line has been informed of this -- and the reason why..... Maybe the next time they shop around for a credit card carrier they will look at what they're actually *getting* for the lower fees.... In our case, switching from Discover to MasterCard caused our credit limit to be cut in HALF. And MC (or, at least Synchrony Bank, the bank issuing the card) has refused to up the limit back up to what it was under Discover. And we've had a card through Sam's Club since 2006, and a membership since the early 1990s....

Sorry for venting. It's been a day.... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Inktober 2015 ~ #19 is a drawing of a sprig of American Bittersweet using assorted inks ( Standardgraph Reed Green, R&K Helianthus, Walnut ink & Platinum Carbon Black on Stillman&Birn. Zeta paper.

22128626390_a8670cd967_b.jpgInktober 2015 ~ #19 by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Ruth: Sorry you are are being stressed and pulled in various directions. I am happy though, that you are making time to do some drawing. Hopefully it takes your mind off some of the

frustrations.

flummoxed: I hope you have time for more travel drawings in the future and share them here :)

Edited by Pira

Luma I love your baby elephant, it's great!

Can you please explain how you colorized it?

I'm I completely wrong thinking you added some shadows with a pen, maybe a colored pencil?

Luma I love your baby elephant, it's great!

Can you please explain how you colorized it?

I'm I completely wrong thinking you added some shadows with a pen, maybe a colored pencil?

If I remember correctly, I outlined with a Sheaffer student pen with Noodler's Bad Black Mocassin.

The base color is done in prisma marker and the shading is with a Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencil.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Well, sadly I'm playing catch-up again. And technically I should be doing a fourth drawing, since it's after midnight on the 23rd....

Tried something a little different with the first two. The third one? Well, Marion decided to go into "extreme cuteness mode" about halfway through and started rolling around on her back; I think she thought she was in Titanic, and going "Paint me like one of your French cats...." (She's really not so cartoony looking; I think I'm going to have to either do this while she or Polychrome are asleep, or take photos and work from them -- which won't be a problem with Marion, but Polychrome really hates cameras for some reason...).

fpn_1445574173__inktober_day_20.jpg

fpn_1445574387__inktober_day_21.jpg

fpn_1445574435__inktober_day_22.jpg

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Back to playing catch-up. I was too busy on Friday to draw (instead I was baking). I got one done on Saturday, and two today to get back on track.

fpn_1445823321__inktober_day_23.jpg

fpn_1445823382__inktober_day_24.jpg

fpn_1445823437__inktober_day_25.jpg