FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

ooooooooo, I love it.

INKtober 2015 ~ #4 ...no squirrel this time around. Instead a drawing in support of REDress Day in Canada today.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Well, here's today's attempt. This time it was the other cat, Marion -- who decided halfway through to turn around....

fpn_1444010780__inktober_day_4.jpg

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nice cat there Ruth. Of course it decided to move mid point of sketching...it's what they do ;)

Pesky things. I've learnt to only sketch them when they're asleep.

Looking forward to your sketches each day now everyone . . . :)

Lovely sketches Ruth! Do you by any chance post them in other sites for us to see?

Edited by flummoxed

Sorry guys. Last couple of days have been crazy. I have one drawing done for today but not scanned in (it's twenty of 12 EDT and I feel like [expletive deleted] I'm coming down with something. Also, I'm completely jealous of Pira's talent.

Gonna try to get another one in but they probably won't get posted till tomorrow. In the meantime, I found one I did this past spring. Don't remember what the ink is (for some reason I didn't write it down :blush:) but it's likely either Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black in (??) or Noodler's Heart of Darkness -- possibly slightly diluted (in which case it's the Noodler's Charlie pen that came with the bottle of HoD. Paper is from a small Daler Rowney Ivory Artist's Sketchbook, and is 90gsm.

fpn_1444189936__sketch_--_5-29-15.jpg

ETA: Sorry guys, forgot to resize this one. It's late. I'm coughing and droozle-y (if that even is a word). Going to go brush my teeth and go to bed....

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Inktober 2015 ~ #6 is a Show Squirrel using Diamine Inks (Amber, Autumn Oak, Ancient Copper, Saddle Brown and Sepia) with a dip nib & Brush on Stillman & Birn, Zeta paper.

And so it begins. Like usual, as the numbers go up I start to venture into the land of absurdity. This is what happens when you don't have the patience to just sit down and sketch like normal people.

21992356952_1b54804093_b.jpgInktober 2015 ~ #6 by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Sorry guys. Last couple of days have been crazy. I have one drawing done for today but not scanned in (it's twenty of 12 EDT and I feel like [expletive deleted] I'm coming down with something. Also, I'm completely jealous of Pira's talent.

Gonna try to get another one in but they probably won't get posted till tomorrow. In the meantime, I found one I did this past spring. Don't remember what the ink is (for some reason I didn't write it down :blush:) but it's likely either Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black in (??) or Noodler's Heart of Darkness -- possibly slightly diluted (in which case it's the Noodler's Charlie pen that came with the bottle of HoD. Paper is from a small Daler Rowney Ivory Artist's Sketchbook, and is 90gsm.

ETA: Sorry guys, forgot to resize this one. It's late. I'm coughing and droozle-y (if that even is a word). Going to go brush my teeth and go to bed....

Ruth ~ nice sketch. Thank-you for sharing. You have a real loosness with lines that I can never hope to emulate. Don't worry about posting every day. The point is to pick up a pen and get a bit of ink on paper, that doesn't involves words, a few times this month. :)
Sounds like you are coming down with something nasty so you'd better concentrate on nipping that in the bud before it runs you down and then backs up over you for good measure. I'm sure you have a cat lying around somewhere who will be happy to keep you warm and work through this bug ;)
Look forward to your next drawing when you are back up and about.
Edited by Pira

Ruth I like your drawings, I like the different textures you portray with your lines. Hope you had a good night's sleep and perhaps a bowl of Jewish penicillin (aka chicken soup) might help fend off anything that looks unwelcome.

Pira, absurdity can be fun ;)

@ Pira -- thanks. But I feel that my lines are actually really tight. Your stuff has a natural flow to it. You're clearly an illustrator, which I'm not -- I can draw stuff that's in front of me (and, at times, tweak it to be what I want it to look like -- I've a quarter century of doing that sort of draftsman type work, but that stuff I'm generally sketching in pencil first, then inking with a rollerball pen; and then correcting the screw ups with whiteout....). I'm hoping that doing this will break the logjam to some extent, just as using a fountain pen did for me for writing.

@ I.M. -- Chicken soup does sound like a good plan. But as for a good night's sleep, sadly, nope. That eluded me, unfortunately. I got to bed around 1 AM after doing a second sketch, but woke up around 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. Went downstairs around 6 to find the Sudafed, which helped some, but not enough (this can't be allergies -- the allergy meds I'm already have done NOTHING.... :angry:). It's now 10 AM. Time for another dose. Dunno if we have any of the 12 hour kind in the house. At this point my main plan for the day is to sit in front of the boob tube (mostly listening to the music channels) and trying to get some overdue needlework done, and another drawing.

In the meantime, these are the two from last night:

fpn_1444226595__inktober_day_5.jpg

fpn_1444226654__inktober_day_6.jpg

(and yes, sadly, that second one is from inside my house... :blush:).

ETA: These are back to using the Ecosystems Artists' Journal paper.

Edited by inkstainedruth

Inktober 2015 ~ #7 ...this is inspired by the NL Wild card game tonight, between the Chicago Cubs and Pittsburgh Pirates. Lets Go BUCS!!

Diamine inks (Sepia, yellow, poppy red and Woodland Green mixed with yellow) + Platinum Carbon Black on Stillman & Birn, Zeta paper

21402380354_13dd633c5e_b.jpgInktober 2015 ~ #7 by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Ruth ~ I didn't draw for years and did the Inktober one year to get me back at a piece of paper and just doing it. I kept going and did a daily drawing for an entire year. It was an excellent way to jumpstart myself :) As for the cold ....well you know that saying. It's lasts 7 days if you take medication and a week if you don't. Keep hydrated and rest. Hopefully it doesn't settle in for a nice party in your sinuses or chest that requires something stronger than over the counter meds.

Thank you people for introducing Inktober to this thread. It has been a nice discovery. Here are my last contributions to it.

21669823978_8fe743fa99.jpg
21402795144_8c0b7834ed.jpg
22025594535_9ca5026257.jpg
21402794654_16d8b2282b.jpg

Thank you people for introducing Inktober to this thread. It has been a nice discovery. Here are my last contributions to it.

Nice drawings Juanjo :)

I'm happy others are joining in the madness! I look forward to seeing more works.

Here are today's (and now I think I'm caught up... :lol:). Both are from the Ecosystems Artist's Journal again (oh how I wish B&N hadn't quit carrying them in the brick and mortar stores around here).

fpn_1444338582__inktober_day_7.jpg fpn_1444338710__inktober_day_8.jpg

Inktober 2015 ~ #8 ~ birch trees drawn with Platinum Carbon black + Rohrer&Klingner ~ Helianthus on Stillman&Birn, Zeta paper. I had to photograph it because the scanner interprets too much red in this ink. :/

...nope not a test tree, I just like birch trees in the autumn. :)

21420858474_e9cbb03207_b.jpgInktober 2015 ~ #8 by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Ruth ~ glad to see you are able to set pen to paper for some sketching. Hope you are feeling better. I know the feeling about stores that stop stocking things or only do so on a limited basis. A HUGE art store chain here in Canada only stocks a SINGLE book of each size and type of paper of Stillman&Birns. It's corporate policy *argh* and makes it impossible for me to stock up.

Edited by Pira

A sketch made at Grand Marais, MN., on Lake Superior. I used a Noodler's pen and Kiowa Pecan ink.

post-17497-0-04413300-1444363924.jpeg

Edited by linearM

A sketch made at Grand Marais, MN., on Lake Superior. I used a Noodler's pen and Kiowa Pecan ink.

You really captured that lakeshore . I can almost feel the breeze & hear the water slap against the rocks. :) Thank-you for sharing

OOH. Very nice!