FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

Fountainpagan - I thought of the novel in a slightly noir-ish, Frank Miller way but I'm pretty sure I was punching above my weight.

Ruth (another Ruth, hi!), - I'm sure you're right. It isn't really humorous either but you know what it's like when your baby's rejected.

I'm just bitter and twisted! :wacko:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

19023605054_85b674ae95_z.jpgCherries by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Inks: Diamine Oxblood & Umber, Montblanc Burgundy, Standardgraph Maize yellow & Reed Green, Noodler's Burma Brown used with a Brause Steno Calligraphy nib No. 361 & watercolour brush on Stillman & Birn's Zeta paper.

My (ex) publisher declined to go with this and replaced it with something more anodyne. The book is a humorous SM romance/crime thriller!

http://www.cuttingedgepress.co.uk/books/blue-murder-at-the-pink-parrot/

I'd be curious to know which people prefer?

Your's is lovely and definately says much more about the story than the cover which was chosen. :/

Having said that ~ there are many influences on the decisions editors make...some better than others. My mother was an inhouse illustrator for a major publishing house for years and stopped trying to understand the powers-that-be. It's one thing to have your work rejected. It's another thing entirely to be forced to pull something together that visually burns your personal aesthetic, no matter how many ways you try to talk people out of something....and then get critisized for the work when it's gone to print and obviously sucks.....

She successfully went freelance and spent the rest of her career fixing other's 'problems' at the witching hour (pre computers) when the printing date was looming (pressmen ran a tight schedule that even publishing executives didn't meddle with), and charging 4x what she was making before.

Edited by Pira

I also really like the trunk of your ink tree Pira

Thank-you...I find drawing them to be very soothing. Sort of sliding into a zenspace of mind... :)

Edited by Pira

Fountainpagan - I thought of the novel in a slightly noir-ish, Frank Miller way but I'm pretty sure I was punching above my weight.

Ruth (another Ruth, hi!), - I'm sure you're right. It isn't really humorous either but you know what it's like when your baby's rejected.

I'm just bitter and twisted! :wacko:

Don't be. Your cover has more style.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Cherries by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Inks: Diamine Oxblood & Umber, Montblanc Burgundy, Standardgraph Maize yellow & Reed Green, Noodler's Burma Brown used with a Brause Steno Calligraphy nib No. 361 & watercolour brush on Stillman & Birn's Zeta paper.

WOWWWW!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

19704587115_7133baf5d5_z.jpgJuly 2015 Inkdrop by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Something for those hot summer days...Cheers!

Inks: Diamine Blaze Orange

Noodler's Cayenne, Habanero and Hellfire
Rohrer & Klingner Helianthus

This is very sophisticated and GOOD. I wished FPN had a LIKE feature! fantastic!

July 2015 Inkdrop by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Something for those hot summer days...Cheers!

Inks: Diamine Blaze Orange

Noodler's Cayenne, Habanero and Hellfire
Rohrer & Klingner Helianthus

WOOWOWWWW AGAIN!

:D :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

• 4 weeks later...

http://yoonhalee.com/images-hxt2/hxt-str-ink.png

Pen: Pelikan M200 demonstrator with Binder artist's nib (which unfortunately I've never been able to use very well)

Ink: Noodler's Black, which I completely do not recommend for this purpose. The stuff smudges if you look at it sideways. Next time I try doing fountain pen linework, I'm going to switch to some non-smudgy black ink that doesn't need to be waterproof because it's getting photocopied anyway. (This got photocopied onto Copic marker paper and colored with Copic markers, with Deleter white ink for highlights.)

And for the curious, the rather disastrous attempt at coloring this...I have a ways to go:

http://yoonhalee.com/images-hxt2/hxt-str-j-copic.png

A quick sketch of the Bangalore Palace in a F-C Mike Masuyama ground EF and Fosfor Sandalwood.

fpn_1439897712__photo_2015-08-18_17-04-4

Edited by flummoxed

Four movie sketches with EF pens. Click on the links for the details about the pens used.

20784042725_071fce2f91_z.jpg

20791024011_f9b9f47007_z.jpg

20791472276_fcacfccb17_z.jpg

20630998269_8d29fd2f96_z.jpg

Edited by juanjo

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_henry_moore_1.jpg

One of Henry Moore's incredible sculptures, Henry Moore Foundation, Perry Green.

Noodler's Nib Creeper filled with ESB - (2 parts Diamine Emerald, 1 part Diamine Syrah, 1 part Sheaffer Blue) and washed over with Gris Nuage.

[Note to self - must mix up more of that ink :) ]

Thank you.

The pen was misbehaving, failing to lay down a reliable line and often skipping so I started mistreating it which caused it to send out beautiful splatters and random width lines - it was quite sadomasochistic in a way :blush: