FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

They're b

What a nice thread. Lots of talent and more than that;I like to see what people think about when the hand and a pen is engaged and how they think and see. Very cool.

Two things I could get at on the inter webs. They're both kind of old and I honestly couldn't tell you what they where done with. The proa is colored w/gouache and the color scheme comes from an old sailing painting that I've seen on occaision over the years. The rum was scanned and colored on the machine. It was done one morning with a hangover.

attachicon.gifHurrying-Home.jpg~original.jpeg

attachicon.gifRumDemons.jpg~original.jpeg

They're both lovely, but that rum image is just wonderful! Would love to see that one hanging up in a gallery. :)

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

What a nice thread. Lots of talent and more than that;I like to see what people think about when the hand and a pen is engaged and how they think and see. Very cool.

Two things I could get at on the inter webs. They're both kind of old and I honestly couldn't tell you what they where done with. The proa is colored w/gouache and the color scheme comes from an old sailing painting that I've seen on occaision over the years. The rum was scanned and colored on the machine. It was done one morning with a hangover.

attachicon.gifHurrying-Home.jpg~original.jpeg

attachicon.gifRumDemons.jpg~original.jpeg

I wish I could have some of your rum!

• 2 weeks later...

img_8876.jpg?w=634&h=634

Here's mine. My friends' dog suddenly went missing so I made this for them. :)

Very nice! I wonder what it would look like if you had some of Foamy's rum?

Here's mine. My friends' dog suddenly went missing so I made this for them. :)

Pretty sweet! I love your technique. Nice and sketchy—gives it spontaneous, true portrait feel. Very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IFwkFj8gL74/VBBX4M8XkeI/AAAAAAAAjpo/NPKvMORKIDI/s1600/page15.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JaEMyrqSm1I/VBBX4Mz7UXI/AAAAAAAAjpk/ZNDrObkDjqA/s1600/page20.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FZKHsTu8Q8c/VBBX9PWS37I/AAAAAAAAjp8/Dgc-a3IRPS8/s1600/page26.jpgLarger than line, from the big sketchbooks of Mattias Adolfsson a 24 page over-sized booklet (6 double sided posters i.e 12 images) with removable elastic band binding and removable title and colophon sticker:

for more information go here: http://mattiasa.blogspot.se/p/larger-than-line.html

all made with a Namiki Falcon

Great stuff! Is the book out yet?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have excepted the fact that I'm not able to draw to the level that I would like, maybe some day. But with my experience of machine tools I can come close. This is drawn with my cnc milling machine using a mounted Lamy Safari with a medium nib and using , my personal favorite ink, Noodler's Bay State Blue. You may recognize this image from a Spencerian drawing and learning book from the late 1800's. I have a couple others that I will program and draw up then move on to trying some of my own modern images in the Spencerian style. This style has always caught my eye.

http://i60.tinypic.com/10ie93r.jpg

I have excepted the fact that I'm not able to draw to the level that I would like, maybe some day. But with my experience of machine tools I can come close. This is drawn with my cnc milling machine using a mounted Lamy Safari with a medium nib and using , my personal favorite ink, Noodler's Bay State Blue. You may recognize this image from a Spencerian drawing and learning book from the late 1800's. I have a couple others that I will program and draw up then move on to trying some of my own modern images in the Spencerian style. This style has always caught my eye.

Woah, really interesting. How does the FP work attached the CNC? Does it keep the pressure light? I think it would be cool to do this with a brush pen and vary pressure.

Edited by cpmcnamara

Wow, my first thought was it was so perfect like the old spirographs but better. Thank you for sharing!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Woah, really interesting. How does the FP work attached the CNC? Does it keep the pressure light? I think it would be cool to do this with a brush pen and vary pressure.

I designed a flexible tool holder with a soft touch for fountain pens.

This is really cool!

Looking forward for more! ;)

@jSolinger; Totally cool. Outrageous, in fact. I too, first thought "Spirograph," but as neat as those things were, they don't produce work like that. Programming a CNC? That's more than a notion. Really nice work. I dare say your skills are in demand these days. Like the others, looking forward to seeing more.

@MattiasA; your work is so wonderfully whimsical, it must make for some very pleasurable time spent with pen and brush. Downright happy, in fact. Great stuff.

What a cool thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Two recent life drawing sketches done at a Dr. Sketchy's event with Noodler's Kiowa Pecan in my Hero M86 bent nib pen (and some waterbrush shading):

15716055969_d0b4fe29c2_z.jpg

15714615408_662919c2e7_z.jpg

• 1 month later...

The art work heart is great, I'm slightly embarrassed to post this.post-119102-0-76518300-1421691522_thumb.jpg

I've posted this on the review section for the pen too, this was a quick(5-10 minute) sketch of the fellowship based on pre-LoTR movie description.

Why would you be embarrassed to post that? It's awesome!

Your life is the result of the choices you make. If you don’t like your life, it’s time to start making better choices.

- unknown -

Unbelievable talent. Really,really breathtaking. I've not got an artistic bone in my body so I cannot begin to describe how jealous I am.

Many,many thanks for sharing.

Don't believe the hype!