• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

• 3 weeks later...

Wonderful drawing all of you. The one above looks nice , I might hoe you to build me a house since

I am wanting a Baroque style house

Thank you, subramaniyam!

Thanks, Ewa - your drawings are splendid as always!

Jakob, I love "connect the splatter", great design!

Designerroots, great expressions on those dogs!

Hello again!! I got a new pen, Parker Duofold Centennial with a B nib and here are some drawings I've made with it. I love this pen!

The inks are both J. Herbin : Bleu Pervenche and Vert Reseda.

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1017648_492667154134715_1165811388_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010804_493002827434481_262886004_n.jpg

Hello again!! I got a new pen, Parker Duofold Centennial with a B nib and here are some drawings I've made with it. I love this pen!

Very nice work - has a classic looks to it. You get a wide range of line weights with that pen, really like the result.

Ron Wodaski

<hr>

<a href='http://wodaski.com'>wodaski.com</a>

• 4 weeks later...

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/Candoia/cayennecat1_zps6f867b61.png

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/Candoia/cayennecat2_zpsd3d3fbed.png

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab17/Candoia/orangelizard_zps59473fbc.png

Cats are noodlers Cayenne, the lizard is Iroshizuku Yu-yake. The images were drawn with my pilot petite, then I used a dip-pen for the oranges (I don't have any fp's inked with them at the moment). Going over it with a wet paint brush makes it's look all classy like.

They're in my sketch book, stuff like this usually gets cut out and used for gift tags as needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a sketch of an old church in the woods of the Pocono Mountains. I photographed it, sketched it in pencil on a piece of bristol and inked it, and added detail, with a crow quill nib and possibly Daler Rowney India ink.

Not done with a FP...don't know if its a no-no..if so I apologize in advance.

Best,

Paul

post-106115-0-45608000-1377798017_thumb.jpg

Hi,

This is a sketch of an old church in the woods of the Pocono Mountains. I photographed it, sketched it in pencil on a piece of bristol and inked it, and added detail, with a crow quill nib and possibly Daler Rowney India ink.

Not done with a FP...don't know if its a no-no..if so I apologize in advance.

Best,

Paul

If this drawing is a "No-no" then I don't want to know what is allowed. Excellent work!

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

If this drawing is a "No-no" then I don't want to know what is allowed. Excellent work!

Artistic Ink: lovely drawing. You really captured the feel of the stone.

Stonework is a good thing

And cross hatching..

Cheers

Pocono Mt Valley

Nib pen, water brush, Mont Blanc Ink

Absolutely incredible. I hope you don't take offense to this, but this piece reminds me of an image taken with a Holga 120 camera (not sure if you're familiar with these, but used properly and one can create quite a dreamy effect on film). This is absolutely beautiful!

Absolutely incredible. I hope you don't take offense to this, but this piece reminds me of an image taken with a Holga 120 camera (not sure if you're familiar with these, but used properly and one can create quite a dreamy effect on film). This is absolutely beautiful!

I know the name..Russian? German? but haven't had the pleasure of using a Holga..

Thanks for looking..the effect of water on ink is indeed one of my favorite things. This particular Mont Blanc..it's a rather old bottle and I haven't done any research to determine the exact variety..perhaps it may be Midnight? .....has this beautiful violet and blue undertone when it breaks down..as you can see. I'm looking forward to using some other varieties of ink that have these qualities..the multi tones you get when water is added...on watercolor paper. I could sit around all day just imploding ink on a nice piece of watercolor paper.

Cheers

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1017648_492667154134715_1165811388_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1010804_493002827434481_262886004_n.jpg

These are soooooo cute! Two of my fave colors as well!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I know the name..Russian? German? but haven't had the pleasure of using a Holga..

Thanks for looking..the effect of water on ink is indeed one of my favorite things. This particular Mont Blanc..it's a rather old bottle and I haven't done any research to determine the exact variety..perhaps it may be Midnight? .....has this beautiful violet and blue undertone when it breaks down..as you can see. I'm looking forward to using some other varieties of ink that have these qualities..the multi tones you get when water is added...on watercolor paper. I could sit around all day just imploding ink on a nice piece of watercolor paper.

Cheers

Thank you for the explanation. I've started dabbling with watercolors, but haven't made any real effort to get better at it. I should...

Holgas are typically made in China. Kiev, Fed, Smena are Russian. And, of course, Leica is Germany. :) I believe the Germans would scoff at the idea of "engineering" something entirely out of plastic with a plastic lens and no precision controls. They'd have to put SOMETHING titanium on there, even if it were just a sling swivel for a neck strap or some such thing.

Keep up the beautiful work!

Thank you for the explanation. I've started dabbling with watercolors, but haven't made any real effort to get better at it. I should...

Holgas are typically made in China. Kiev, Fed, Smena are Russian. And, of course, Leica is Germany. :) I believe the Germans would scoff at the idea of "engineering" something entirely out of plastic with a plastic lens and no precision controls. They'd have to put SOMETHING titanium on there, even if it were just a sling swivel for a neck strap or some such thing.

Keep up the beautiful work!

Don't get me started...photography was a big part of my life. Now it's painting and sketching. This need to create something artistic. Having spent 30 years in the international transportation industry and the last 15 in executive recruiting and now..semi retired..I still do some one off exec level searches...although I never was able to live that dream of the artistic lifestyle...I have always maintained some form of artistic outlet for myself. Kept me grounded. Watercolor seems simple at first..it can be..but it's tricky. I have some experience with paint..oils..but picked up the watercolor to compliment the ink drawings with watercolor wash. It's coming along. I'm learning that restraint is a good thing with watercolor. That's my biggest challenge so far. Knowing when to stop. Has also been my issue with the pen and ink drawing. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.

Sorry for rambling on....

Paul