FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

Hnat Khotkevych which was an artist of unprecedented scale in Ukrainian culture: bandurist, writer, art critic, theater actor, historian, teacher, ethnographer, artist… Ukrainian Leonardo da Vinci – that’s how he imagines himself today.

07050043sm_PilotCustomUrushiVermillionFM.jpg.2136d5b8d33e8cc9effdf94c0cf594b6.jpg

(Pilot Custom Urushi, Diamine Mix(Bilberry+Matador), Double A(A4))

Full review: (modern) Pilot Custom Urushi Vermillion | Andrew Lensky | fountain pens | drawings | design | photography (lenskiy.org)

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Grief over the tragedy of 08.07.2024, Kyiv, Okhmatdyt.
I wanted to make an other post today, but inhumane russia with its inhumane world did a massive missile attack on Ukraine and sick children. The photos is simply frightening with its horror. There are no normal words to express this yet another act of inhumanity. It is hard to even imagine what the children who were there felt and feel. (!!!!)

07080009sm_AndrewLenskyPilotFalconCustom.jpg.98f909d79cd297cd3655546acb3e3ae7.jpg

(Andrew Lensky custom lacquered ebonite body to Pilot Falcon w|custom SUEF nib, Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-budo, Double A(A4))

866th day of WAR in Ukraine #stoprussia | Andrew Lensky | fountain pens | drawings | design | photography (lenskiy.org)

:(

Sending hugs....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

35 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Sending hugs....

Thank you for support🙏

Ihor Mikhnevich, soloist of the Lviv National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet named after Solomia Krushelnytska, at the front from March 2022.

07050030sm_PilotFalconElaboRedSE.jpg.a0e1e201720296c149d5ef2fce99bb75.jpg

(Pilot Falcon Red SEF, Pelikan Edelstein Topaz, Double A(A4))

Updated review: (modern) Pilot Namiki Falcon | Andrew Lensky | fountain pens | drawings | design | photography (lenskiy.org)

Door to where? (inkquarelle)

07110012sm_PilotCaplesVPandBrushes.jpg.14020520f8cfbb7155da89fb9e974d93.jpg

(Pilot Capless VP w|custom UEF grind, Platinum Carbon Black, Brushes, R&K SketchInk Carmen, R&K SketchInk Marlene, Fabriano 1264 Watercolor 300gsm)

Door to where? (inkquarelle) | Andrew Lensky | fountain pens | drawings | design | photography (lenskiy.org)

(life as) .. Revolver ..

07150011sm_PilotCaplessVPwUEFnib.jpg.7e06a28cb969071eecd2850d085e3b36.jpg

(Pilot Capless VP w|custom UEF nib, Platinum Carbon Black, Fabriano 1264 300gsm (A4))

(life as) Revolver … | Andrew Lensky | fountain pens | drawings | design | photography (lenskiy.org)

I like your take on the tragedies of war as a start contrast of that of Goya's engravings. You take to the (good) humane side. Goya was also humane, and also against war, but with a different take.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

@txomsy No, it's not about the war, but thanks. Constantly thinking about the war is very difficult, can lose mind ...

07170016sm_FlowingOverTheMountains.jpg.27dbc023a67c7a923a868325ad63c0b0.jpg
(Pilot Capless VP w|custom UEF nib, Platinum Carbon Black, brushes, Parker Quink Black, Fabriano 1264 300gsm (A4))

2 hours ago, Andrew_L said:

@txomsy No, it's not about the war, but thanks. Constantly thinking about the war is very difficult, can lose mind ...

Andrew,  I spent years ( part or all of1968, 69, 70, 71 &72) as a soldier fighting communism in Vietnam.  I know of which you speak.  One can let the ugliness and violence of war consume one or one can find escape, happiness,  and peace in the beauty of the simple joys offered by music, art, a good meal, and the smile of a child at play.

9 hours ago, txomsy said:

I like your take on the tragedies of war as a start contrast of that of Goya's engravings. You take to the (good) humane side. Goya was also humane, and also against war, but with a different take.

Mind you, I've seen at least some of those in the Prado, and they ARE very powerful paintings.  I've also seen the Picasso painting "Guernica" in person, and that is ALSO a very powerful painting and I found it completely ironic that it was displayed in the Spain pavilion at a World's Fair, especially given the subject and the time of that particular World's Fair.

But I agree with you on how Andrew_L's artwork does the same thing in a different way (and am still TOTALLY jealous of his talent).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Relative to recent posts on this thread, my bits of 'art' which border on mindless doodling might not seem to glamorous, but I'm quite proud of them anyway. I've never been too good at art, and finally finding a medium and type that suited my version of expression was really very nice. That being, ink, and fountain pen. 

image.thumb.png.2802bfa982e498ea1e6e9deaa9b13fe9.png

A brief explanation of how I doodle, because this is the first time I'm posting art here, or indeed anywhere: I often incorporate geometric shapes in my art, often starting from a single triangle or diamond shape, in the middle or corner of the page. In this piece (of paper), I started with the diamond at the centre, added the ears, and gave it a long sweeping cloak, and then the rest just happened. I also incorporate curved and jagged shapes.

I don't usually know what I'm making, at least when I start. If knew, I would probably be unable to make it. Toughest bit is knowing when to stop. Sometimes this is my undoing, as you can see above the face on top of the ear to the viewer's right. I tried to cram in too much detail for my own good.

I try to show things from my own thoughts- Depictions of my mind, if you will, or I try to tell a short little story in a small doodle. This picture is the latter.... Hmmmmm....

Can anyone see what this is about? Or, a better question would be, what do you, the viewer, think this piece is about?

I know it's very unorthodox, this thing, but I've made several now, and some of them, representing my mind, help me get stuff off my chest.

Oh, and do feel free to offer criticism of any kind. This is, in the end, mindless doodling, but nonetheless, I hope to improve.

Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.

-11th Doctor, somewhat coated in soot.

8 hours ago, The Devil Rabbit said:

I've never been too good at art

People says that art is like meditation, so any art is beneficial for the development of the author. Do not give up, the main thing is to continue.

ps: by the way, before I'm passion by fountain pens, I didn't know how to draw by hands.

UNICEF: Almost 2,000 children died or were injured during the full-scale war in Ukraine.

07180008sm_PilotCaplesVPwUEFnib.jpg.ffae8b3020f3e9d3a3c6780e63d85aef.jpg

(Pilot Capless VP w}custom UEF nib, Platinum Carbon Black, Fabriano 1264 300gsm(A4))

Stolen childhood … | Andrew Lensky | fountain pens | drawings | design | photography (lenskiy.org)

Your work is always an inspiration and also a spotlight.  Thank you again for sharing your amazing drawings!

54 minutes ago, Andrew_L said:

UNICEF: Almost 2,000 children died or were injured during the full-scale war in Ukraine.

07180008sm_PilotCaplesVPwUEFnib.jpg.ffae8b3020f3e9d3a3c6780e63d85aef.jpg

(Pilot Capless VP w}custom UEF nib, Platinum Carbon Black, Fabriano 1264 300gsm(A4))

Stolen childhood … | Andrew Lensky | fountain pens | drawings | design | photography (lenskiy.org)

This is beautiful. Terrible- no, terrifying. But it is beautiful. Magnificent. In your art I see that ink need not speak in words... It can shout out at the atrocities of human nature within the unending walls of art, no?

To allow children to continue dying in painful war, and to go on with something knowing full well it will cause such harm.. We take our pledge of humanity with crossed fingers hidden behind our backs, it seems.

Sorry. Sometimes I get very dark very quick.

And thank you for your kind words about art. They're a great boost to my confidence.

Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.

-11th Doctor, somewhat coated in soot.