FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

On 1/19/2023 at 5:42 PM, Catpaws said:

I really enjoy this thread. There is so much talent and kindness here. 

This is a little sketch to test out my Noodler's Ahab with a G nib. So far I am pleasednwith its behavior.

IMG_20230119_111139376.jpg

Nice cat, @Catpaws. Very expressive - and very cat-like to stay with its back to the viewer 😃

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

TL;DR: Got inspired by @Catpaws, and tried to learn style from @Andrew_L. Ok, ok, enough name-dropping. Here's my take on the funny cat. 

large.1371744386_20230122LuLuConcord.jpg.ad75cc9a777266fd166f8da0d7c0f9aa.jpg

It was made with a special Montblanc 121:

large.1324779180_MB12118KEF-Burgundy-DrawingWritingSample.jpg.4a6de98045ea72ceaef8d64ad1f16f53.jpg

Not only it's in burgundy, but its nib has been adjusted into an artisanal Concord shape:

large.MB121-18K-EF-Burgundy-EF-thin-strokes-scaled.jpg.c0ed380f9efad16d26f4bfa0dac746f6.jpg

Enjoy the day! 

Sorrowful, but invincible...

01260009sm_PilotCaplesVPsUEFnRKSketchInk.jpg.275158b055f012184eacfec2026a8bda.jpg

(Pilot Capless VP w|custom UEF nib, Platinum Carbon Black, Brushes, Rohrer & Klingner sketchINK, Canson Montval 185gsm (A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2023/01/sorrow-but-invincible-inkquarelle/

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

On 1/22/2023 at 10:00 PM, OldTravelingShoe said:

its nib has been adjusted into an artisanal Concord shape

Awesome pen in a beautiful color, but the nib is a pity. By the way, these Montblanc models have a fragile section that tends to crack on both sides of the nib.

1 hour ago, Andrew_L said:

Awesome pen in a beautiful color, but the nib is a pity. By the way, these Montblanc models have a fragile section that tends to crack on both sides of the nib.

True. And don’t attempt to glue it. These pressure points will not hold well after being glued. Spare parts are the only real solution.

After the Storm ... abstract ink art

large.after-storm.jpg.ecd86bf8a147886bf5901e6e0c96b2a1.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

2 hours ago, jandrew said:

abstract ink art

I very like it, but it reminds me of a fire in the savanna

3 hours ago, jandrew said:

After the Storm ... abstract ink art

😃

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

55 minutes ago, Andrew_L said:

I very like it, but it reminds me of a fire in the savanna

Thanks. And now that you mention it, I can see that impression of it as well.

15 minutes ago, ajoe said:

😃

😃  😃

~ Schrödinger's wife

And at a quick look I thought it was bamboo....  So you and I are sort of on the same track.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

16 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

And at a quick look I thought it was bamboo....  

An impression of broken and shattered bamboo was actually what I was going for :)

~ Schrödinger's wife

45 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

And at a quick look I thought it was bamboo....  So you and I are sort of on the same track.

My bamboo doesn't bend that much.  The only time it has is on the rare occasion when it is covered with ice and weighed down, in which case all the bamboo are bending over.  But yes, I do think it resembles bamboo.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Well bamboo *is* a kind of grass....  Just, well, bigger -- and with WAY deeper roots.... :doh: 

Someone whose property backs onto our side yard planted running bamboo (incorrectly as it happened) and then moved, and the stuff on our side of the property line is now 15 or 20 FEET tall.  We're desperately trying to prevent it from jumping to the OTHER side of the driveway, and the woman who now lives at the house where it was planted has been fighting to prevent it from taking over her ENTIRE yard.  Unfortunately, the guy we hired to do yard work (an old friend who was marginally employed) whacked some of the stuff down in our yard -- but NOT flush to the ground....  I love that boy dearly -- I've known him almost as long as I've known my husband, and we helped with the food when our friend and his wife got married years ago -- but he doesn't have the common sense God gave a goat....  So when someone wanted to buy the pickup that had effectively been abandoned in our back driveway by its owner a couple of years ago, and hired a tow-truck to haul it off after negotiating with the truck's owner, the tow-truck driver blew a tire on the angle-cut bamboo and they had to bring in ANOTHER tow-truck to get his tire changed/fixed....  

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I saw it as someone, possibly a young girl, who had been caught out in the rain, & was totally 'soaked', left forlorn, as the rain moved away. 

I got 99 problems but a BIC ain't one! 

~◇◇◇◇~

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~◇◇◇◇~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every 6 months. 

Dmytro Kozatskyi is a press officer of the “Azov” regiment. On September 21, together with 214 Ukrainian defenders, he returned to home from russian captive. His photo “The light will win” became one of the best in 2022 according to the Guardian newspaper and was selected for the list of “100 best photos of 2022” according to the magazine “Time”.

01280024sm_PilotCaplessVPcustomUEF.jpg.f0628a5ac03431c0e336c26bd9b36cd5.jpg

(Pilot Capless VP w|custom UEF nib, Platinum Carbon Black, Canson Montval 185gsm (A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2021/09/sketch-vs-drawing/

8 minutes ago, Andrew_L said:

Dmytro Kozatskyi...

Beautiful rendering!

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

22 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

We're desperately trying to prevent it from jumping to the OTHER side of the driveway,

It will jump.  Ours jumps under the walkway every year, and sends runners further and further away from its assigned patch.  It now habitually crops up 30 feet away.  However, if we assiduously kick over the new stalks each spring, it does not talk over the property.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence