FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

By some miracle, although rather due to lack of experience, the face of Japanese woman that I took as theme turned into the face of European woman, for which I, of course, apologize to my Japanese readers.

07200008sm_WancherDreamPenCustomNoodlersFlex.jpg.2645b270bd72289f8b29fffb5630c826.jpg

(Wancher DreamPen w|custom UEF Noodlers Flex, Robert Oster Graphite, Double A(A4))

Full review: http://lenskiy.org/2022/07/modern-hybrid-wancher-dreampen-and-noodlers-flexible/

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Great work!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

@amberleadavis thank you.

Good guys can be drawn many times.
The bravest man of our time – the commander of the National Guard of Ukraine “Azov” regiment Denys Prokopenko, nicknamed “Redis”, a hero of Ukraine. 

07240034sm_ParkerSonnetMBsteel.jpg.4b734e4922eaf2ba9d00790bbb694b7d.jpg

(Parker Sonnet, Pelikan Edelstein Olivine, Double A(A4))

Full review: http://lenskiy.org/2022/07/moderm-parker-sonnet-steel-nib/

After a long time doing not much I decides to use this quit day in a long time to draw a new of my patterns. It's drawn with Rohrer & Klingner's "Lotte" and colorized with several neon markers.

The scan doesn't bring out the colors very well, the photo is better.

large.MMuster76.jpg.3d2c30d1b4f864e47dd534db7c3bb975.jpg

large.MMuster76setting.jpg.230ca289a251fc84cd73802a7e9d0dd2.jpg

I wrote two poems in Dutch I just wanted to put them somewhere lol

Pen: Conklin All American Rainbow

Ink: Diamine Blue Peppermint

Paper: Bekking & Blitz Kasteel Heeswijk

poems end of july prettig weer.jpg

Everything's in order in a black hole - Alex Turner

Young woman portrait

07260017sm_WancherDreamPenCustomNoodlersFlex.jpg.e197ad6cfd2f101dc2bd1f3c9d80bf6e.jpg

(Wancher DreamPen w|custom UEF Noodlers Flexible nib, Robert Oster Graphite, Double A(A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2022/07/modern-hybrid-wancher-dreampen-and-noodlers-flexible/

4 hours ago, Alma Conklin said:

I wrote two poems in Dutch I just wanted to put them somewhere lol

Could try something like this, but I don't know Danish at all

07210004sm_DanteTheDivineComedy.jpg.ad4166957627b6da06c42aea37dd177f.jpg

10 hours ago, Andrew_L said:

Could try something like this, but I don't know Danish at all

07210004sm_DanteTheDivineComedy.jpg.ad4166957627b6da06c42aea37dd177f.jpg

lol it's Dutch not Danish but who knows maybe one day I'll be able to write like that!

10 hours ago, Andrew_L said:

Young woman portrait

07260017sm_WancherDreamPenCustomNoodlersFlex.jpg.e197ad6cfd2f101dc2bd1f3c9d80bf6e.jpg

(Wancher DreamPen w|custom UEF Noodlers Flexible nib, Robert Oster Graphite, Double A(A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2022/07/modern-hybrid-wancher-dreampen-and-noodlers-flexible/

wow you're really talented!

On 7/24/2022 at 7:23 PM, Astronymus said:

After a long time doing not much I decides to use this quit day in a long time to draw a new of my patterns. It's drawn with Rohrer & Klingner's "Lotte" and colorized with several neon markers.

The scan doesn't bring out the colors very well, the photo is better.

large.MMuster76.jpg.3d2c30d1b4f864e47dd534db7c3bb975.jpg

large.MMuster76setting.jpg.230ca289a251fc84cd73802a7e9d0dd2.jpg

omg that looks like so much fun!

41 minutes ago, Alma Conklin said:

lol it's Dutch not Danish but who knows maybe one day I'll be able to write like that!

Oh, I'm sorry, it was GoogleAssistant who suggested that, but I didn't pay attention. Now I thought about it and understood that Dutch is in Holland, is that right? I apologize for offending again, because I do not know the nuances of national culture. I drew several postcards on Holland theme some time ago.

11 hours ago, Alma Conklin said:

omg that looks like so much fun!

I do this for recreation. Try it. ☯️

Poems are not my world. 😁

I am probably not the only one who is now waiting for a teaching remark about Holland.  Like most Americans (I think), I always thought Holland was just another name for Netherlands.  Only in recent years was I schooled to learn that Holland is only a portion (precincts? parishes? counties? municipalities?) of (The) Netherlands.

Then there is the language issue.  Dutch is Dutch, but if you are in Germany, they are speaking Deutsch, ja?  I haven't had the occasion to hear much Danish, but I have found it easier to pick out words and phrases when listening to Dutch than when listening to Deutsch/German.  Also, listening to Swedish is easier than German (I watched all of the original Swedish production of 'Wallander' with subtitles but not dubbing).

Well, that is all off topic, isn't it!  I still admire Andrew's fine work, as well as several other talented people's on this thread.  Keep 'em coming!

19 minutes ago, abstract49 said:

Then there is the language issue.  Dutch is Dutch, but if you are in Germany, they are speaking Deutsch, ja?  I haven't had the occasion to hear much Danish, but I have found it easier to pick out words and phrases when listening to Dutch than when listening to Deutsch/German. 

I'm not surprised. Dutch shares more words with English or at least uses the same stem of the word than German. Probably because it was also more influenced by Latin during the middle ages just like English. German was less influenced. It's complicated.

Spoken Dutch is quite understandable for a German if he/she grew up in the north-western parts of Germany. The dialects are mixed with dutch words and also base on the same old Germanic languages as Dutch. While I used to understand what a conversation is about (very rusty now after decades in the south) my Austrian wife only hears gibberish when someone is talking Dutch.

On 7/27/2022 at 9:40 AM, Andrew_L said:

Oh, I'm sorry, it was GoogleAssistant who suggested that, but I didn't pay attention. Now I thought about it and understood that Dutch is in Holland, is that right? I apologize for offending again, because I do not know the nuances of national culture. I drew several postcards on Holland theme some time ago.

Dutch is spoken in Holland yes and Holland equals the Netherlands

14 hours ago, abstract49 said:

I am probably not the only one who is now waiting for a teaching remark about Holland.  Like most Americans (I think), I always thought Holland was just another name for Netherlands.  Only in recent years was I schooled to learn that Holland is only a portion (precincts? parishes? counties? municipalities?) of (The) Netherlands.

Holland is two provinces of the Netherlands: Noord-Holland (North Holland) and Zuid-Holland (South Holland). I believe the main reason most people call the Netherlands 'Holland' is because these two densely populated provinces are where the main cities (sorry, Groningen and Maastricht), namely Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague are located. Recently, however, there was some official declaration of some sort stipulating that the common usage of 'Holland' when referring to the Netherlands should be permanently dropped. 

Also, I read somewhere that the language is called Dutch, as well as for example why there are some people called Pennsylvania Dutch in the US, is because of confusion with the word 'Deutsch' for German. I don't know if this is true or not, although I do understand that the Pennsylvania Dutch are indeed originally German and not Dutch, but it does sound quite plausible.

And as an American, it was confusing to me as well, right up until the time I moved here. I originally thought that Holland was the country and The Netherlands was possibly those little islands on the northern coast or something (the Wadden Islands). I still bow my head in shame. 😂

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

5 minutes ago, DvdRiet said:

And as an American, it was confusing to me as well, right up until the time I moved here. I originally thought that Holland was the country and The Netherlands was possibly those little islands on the northern coast or something (the Wadden Islands).

Doubly confusing for those whose mother tongue is (some dialect of) Chinese, and learnt about European countries first in that language. The name used by most people, as well as (according to Wikipedia) departments/ministries of foreign affairs in both mainland China and Taiwan, for the country is still based on sounding out ‘Holland’ (for historical reasons?) in Chinese. It wasn't until the company I worked for in my late twenties picking up a major Dutch client that the proper name of the country got drummed into my head.

But then, the most commonly used name for Australia in Chinese is also ‘incorrect’, haha!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

3 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

Recently, however, there was some official declaration of some sort stipulating that the common usage of 'Holland' when referring to the Netherlands should be permanently dropped. 

Thank you for the final clarification, I meant it when I apologized for my unknown, because I signed my postcards as Holland. So I'm not full dummy, I just don't know English well enough to right write my thoughts as in my native language.

And I also have a question not on topic. We, in the post-Soviet space, have the saying "like a flying Dutchman", because there is a myth or fable about Dutch(?) old sailing ship that appears as ghost and disappears whenever it wants. I wonder if the Dutch(Netherlands) have such a term? And if available how is right "Flying Dutchman" or "Flying Hollander" or something else?