FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

2 hours ago, essayfaire said:

I can share your drawings via Twitter?

Share, of course, everything what you likes.

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

A friend of mine posted a thing on FB about how this is nothing new for the Ukrainian people (i.e., defending their homeland).  Now mind you, the article said that this might be legendary (and not actual historically accurate) but it says so much:

https://jamesfell.substack.com/p/ukrainian-defiance-and-the-reply?fbclid=IwAR3ydwaNVbdU4kzs9Nzx4xWzIqGZBFNUD1-zfpNJce21BzPlAAMdOkZq8Po&s=r

[Oh, and just as a heads up: the translation is not anywhere REMOTELY PG-rated.... :ninja:]

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My E.Bay friend has fallen silent. I hope he is moving his family out of harms way

Where Will this end ?

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

@Andrew_L, excellent drawings, truly amazing under these circumstances. Stay safe, stay strong! 

On this side: We've donated money and clothes, and asked our friends to do the same. The bit we can do, which is unfortunately small considering what your people are going through. 

2 hours ago, Pen Nut said:

Where Will this end ?

Today there was information that the armed forces of Ukraine bombed a convoy that was carrying barbed wire to the territory of Ukraine (presumably for concentration camps).

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

3 hours ago, Pen Nut said:

My E.Bay friend has fallen silent. I hope he is moving his family out of harms way

Where Will this end ?

Don't know what's best, the last news I saw in reputed journals are that Putin didn't respect his own proposed cease-fire for humanitarian corridors... It makes a twisted kind of sense if one wants to instill more terror in the population, but ... I don't want the thread closed.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

7 hours ago, Andrew_L said:

Today there was information that the armed forces of Ukraine bombed a convoy that was carrying barbed wire to the territory of Ukraine (presumably for concentration camps).

It is a sad state of affairs when I have to greet such news with reactions of "thank goodness!" but I am glad that Ukrainians are accomplishing such feats.

I will continue to disseminate your drawings as widely as I can!

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

@Andrew_LI finally figured out how to share your drawings directly to twitter rather than just post a link.  Thank you for these.  

Festina lente

I was concerned because Andrew_L had not posted any drawings this past week, so went to see if his website had come back up.

Yes! And a drawing. In pencil. Wih the note:

I’m sorry that did not draw by fountain pen, but I don’t have such an opportunity now, so I do what I have and what I can

Will work for pens... :unsure:

20 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

I was concerned because Andrew_L had not posted any drawings this past week, so went to see if his website had come back up.

Concern for Andrew and all the people of the Ukraine are on my mind throughout the day as I am sure they are for all of us.  

I'm glad to hear that he's still on line and as safe as can be expected.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

4 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Concern for Andrew and all the people of the Ukraine are on my mind throughout the day as I am sure they are for all of us.  

That's a massive + 1 from me and that is classed as a political statement I will let the shame rest on those who class it as such. Peace to all.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I tried to make something of my own but everytime I try I have to think about Andrew sitting there in Kyiv and the creativity is gone.

A friend of mine on FB posted a thing from some artist (who goes by the name Spazuk) who uses soot and candlesmoke in his work.  Apparently Spazuk's grandfather was born in Ukraine.  The guy apparently has a small framed piece which includes a poem by someone named IIRC Michael Lopez about Ukraine.  (The framed piece with the artwork and the poem is being auctioned off as a fundraiser for the Red Cross)  I plugged the text (which I think is in French) into Google Translate and this is the translation (trying to find out from my friend if she knows what the title of the poem is).  When I saw the link, I immediately thought of Andrew_L (and the beautiful poem from a Ukrainian poet 1909 which was posted on Andrew_L's website last week....

Still flows in his veins

The blood that flows in Ukraine.

His art is his only weapon

Smoke against smoke

Fire against fire

He brandishes his fragile candle

To trace in the dark of the sky

A little glimmer of hope.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

19 hours ago, AmandaW said:

I’m sorry that did not draw by fountain pen, but I don’t have such an opportunity now, so I do what I have and what I can

I had been checking for days and was likewise concerned.  Good to hear.  I shared his work with some friends as well.

4 hours ago, Astronymus said:

I tried to make something of my own but everytime I try I have to think about Andrew sitting there in Kyiv and the creativity is gone.

I wrote a pantoum, as I've been trying my hand at that poetry form lately.  It's in my gallery, but I don't know if you can read my writing.  I'm more of a writer than illustrator.

Festina lente

58 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

I plugged the text (which I think is in French)

If you send me the text I will try to do a better-than-Google translation for you.

Festina lente

26 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

If you send me the text I will try to do a better-than-Google translation for you.

PM'd you with the original text as best as I could transcribe it.  I was not able to find the text anywhere else in a Google search (the poet is apparently a friend of the artist) so it might be an unpublished work.  

Thanks!

I will add your translation to the Google Translate one in the file now.  

Sadly, I have not been able to find out what the title of the poem is as of yet.  I got the feeling that it was written specifically for the artwork.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:45 PM, inkstainedruth said:

I got the feeling that it was written specifically for the artwork.

I'd love to see a photo of the artwork if you're allowed!

Festina lente