FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

On 5/1/2020 at 10:50 PM, donnweinberg said:

I've been to Ukraine a few times. I was in Odessa in the late Spring of 1997, Kyiv twice, Lviv once, and Sambir (formerly Sambor when it was within Austria-Hungary), where my father's parents lived before moving to the U.S. in 1911-12. My father was born in the U.S. a few years later. Kyiv is very beautiful.

Very glad to hear it! Unfortunately, I have not been to Odessa yet, but some time ago (before the birth of my children) I traveled very actively around the country :). Kyiv is really a very beautiful city and you may be interested: http://lenskiy.org/2019/03/kyiv-is-the-capital-of-ukraine-welcome/ . Sambir is also very beautiful city from photographs from the Internet, but I was not there.

“Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.” Jack Sparrow

spacer.png
(vtg. Waterman's 50s, vtg Sheaffer Skrip Blue-black ink, brush, Double A(A4))

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

Sambir was better than I expected. My family never said this, but as a Jewish person, I'd read or hear about "Shtetils" (rural villages) that many Eastern European Jews came from, and I just assumed that Sambir would be like that. It wasn't; it was a real city, albeit a small one (around 33,000 people in 1912, I think). Of course, nearby Stari Sambir was more rural, but my family lived in regular Sambir (Sambor then). I saw the street where my grandparents and their (at that time) four children lived, and saw across that street where my favorite aunt (only surviving daughter of my grandfather's sister) lived before going into hiding during World War II (as Americans and Western Europeans call it).

Anyhow, thank for the link to your art, which is wonderful and amazing.

donnweinberg, your doodles, in a vague sort of way, remind me of Chumash Indian (Santa Barbara, CA) rock art. Their purpose was likely religious or ritual, but I have always enjoyed it and I enjoy your doodles as well. Do you have any more to share?

I do have more to share, but I've had difficulty posting more drawings, even though my JPEG files are within the size limits. When I figure out what's going on, I'll post more. Thanks, in the meantime, for your comment and information.

The Lion of Judah and the Lamb of GOD (continuation...)

spacer.png

(Pilot Capless VP w|customizing nib, Montblanc Permanent Black ink, dip nibs, Dr Ph Martins Bombay Black, Canson Montval A4)

http://lenskiy.org/2020/05/lion-of-judah-and-lamb-of-god/

My ongoing Koi project.
These auspicious little fellas are drawn with my trusty Namiki Falcon SF filled with the ever-diminishing pot of Mont Blanc Midnight Blue original I.G. formulation. A film of the process is up on the site under "I Made A Little Film"

They've evolved somewhat from the original. You can see how on Instagram @taskyprianou.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_kevins_koi_pilot_namiki_falcon_mont_blanc_midnight_blue_original.jpeg

Edited by Tas

I do have more to share, but I've had difficulty posting more drawings, even though my JPEG files are within the size limits. When I figure out what's going on, I'll post more. Thanks, in the meantime, for your comment and information.

How are you uploading them? If you use the Upload feature (button at the top of the page) there isn't a limit, other than the size limit on each image.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My ongoing Koi project.

These auspicious little fellas are drawn with my trusty Namiki Falcon SF filled with the ever-diminishing pot of Mont Blanc Midnight Blue original I.G. formulation. A film of the process is up on the site under "I Made A Little Film"

They've evolved somewhat from the original. You can see how on Instagram @taskyprianou.

It's just amazing work, story and of course video! Take off my hat! Thousand thanks for sharing!

It's just amazing work, story and of course video! Take off my hat! Thousand thanks for sharing!

Praise indeed. Thank you Andrew. 🙏🏼

donnweinberg, on 02 May 2020 - 18:03, said:snapback.png

How are you uploading them? If you use the Upload feature (button at the top of the page) there isn't a limit, other than the size limit on each image.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I tried that but can't figure out how to get the uploaded image on the Upload page to my reply-post. How do you do that?

Ruth, I think I figured it out.  Here's my 2004 piece.  More to be posted, I hope.

2004 art - 1.jpeg

Here's one I call "Angry Rabbit," the original of which I completed in 2008.  Then, my wife (who passed away earlier this year from advanced Alzheimer's disease) did a 'Papier Tol' treatment of the original that she completed in 2010; she made copies of my original, and cut out portions to build up elements of the original into a quasi-3D treatment, using mixed media for some of the build-up.  Sorry that this photo of the framed piece is a little blurry.

2008 art - 1 w Sharon 2010.jpeg

This one is my first completed piece this year, 2020.  Again, mostly fountain pens, steel-nib dip pens, and Q-Tips using mostly (but not solely) fountain pen inks of various brands and colors.  The non-fountain pen inks are seen mostly in the upper-right corner -- a blue, a light green, a pink, and a dark green, plus the gold and silver dots.  Those were applied with steel-nib dip pens or Q-Tips.  I use the Q-Tips at the very beginning to establish the general skeleton-structure off of which I add details with mostly the fountain pens.  For a few things, I used Sharpies or Flairs.  

2020 art - 1.jpeg

This one is my 2020-2, my second completed piece of this year.  The original is with the framer.

2020 art - 2.jpeg

This is my most recently completed work, 2020-3, my third completed piece of this year.  During the course of my work on it, my wife passed away, and so I added elements toward the bottom in her memory.  She died on our 41st anniversary at the age of 67, less than a month short of her 68th birthday.  

2020 art - 3.jpeg

I think these are very creative. I really like them. I am so sorry that you have lost your wife. I hope your doodles help relieve pain and sorrow.

Best Wishes,

David R.

This is my most recently completed work, 2020-3, my third completed piece of this year. During the course of my work on it, my wife passed away, and so I added elements toward the bottom in her memory. She died on our 41st anniversary at the age of 67, less than a month short of her 68th birthday.

fpn_1588544977__2020_art_-_3.jpeg

x

and so I added elements toward the bottom in her memory.

Very impressive works! My condolences