FPN's PEN ART GALLERY

Titivillus

Thanks! (Both for reply & compliment.)

DYI projects... Yep. When girl friend starts mistaking me for "honey dew" mellon -- it's that DYI of time of year again.

Don't know why decided to be self appointed 'cheerleader' for art gallery except I like looking at others work.

So FPN'ers...

Post Yer Art! :)

thx

--Bruce

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew_L

• parkerwasmyfirstlove

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

*sighs*

Don't even know whether I already posted this. Ur burn-out, I has dems.

Done with a Preppy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ProfessorBunky/Pens%20etc/Fountain_Pen_Sketch_1-sml.jpg

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

*sighs*

Don't even know whether I already posted this. Ur burn-out, I has dems.

Done with a Preppy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/ProfessorBunky/Pens%20etc/Fountain_Pen_Sketch_1-sml.jpg

I haven't seen this drawing yet, so even if you have posted it earlier/elsewhere I was glad to get the chance to see it now.

Looks good to me!

Thanks.

:thumbup:

I've been feeling too burnt out and stressed lately to even practice my pen & ink drawing.

Too much on my plate, this is no place to talk about it so I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by Inka

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

I do not have a camera or a scanner so I cannot post. I draw almost exclusively with fountain pen.

Elmer stuck.

Rotring Clutch Pencil , 5B lead on textured paper. 8" x 8".

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/TMLee/pencil%20sketches/DSCF5321.jpg

... 671 crafted ... one at a time ... ☺️

instagram

Hey TMLee, I loved your colored toon-style animals,

Could you post more of them? Or do them for us!! :D

@ TMLee,

I'm trying to understand why the elephant has the grid pattern.

Was the elephant tossed from a net catapult, leaving the net marks, smashing Elmer into the wall thus the cracks seen?

Thought my imagination would figure this out if I just slept on it but I'm still not fully getting it.

I do like the drawing, really, plenty going on without a single movement; my brain is obviously just missing something.

Thanks.

;)

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

Hey TMLee, I loved your colored toon-style animals,

Could you post more of them? Or do them for us!! :D

If you are referring to the happy dogs sketch, those are not my creations, but redrawn from looking at the original illustrations. I can't remember the kid's book.

I don't have the talent to caricaturise (is there such a word?) . :embarrassed_smile:

I sketch what I see.

I don't have the talent to come up with wonderful creations like Mattias here. His illustrations are amazing. (I wish my handmade journals could be embellished with one of his sketches...)

At most , I come up with a pattern of simple shapes like those on my white hardback journals.

instagram

@ TMLee,

I'm trying to understand why the elephant has the grid pattern.

Was the elephant tossed from a net catapult, leaving the net marks, smashing Elmer into the wall thus the cracks seen?

Thought my imagination would figure this out if I just slept on it but I'm still not fully getting it.

I do like the drawing, really, plenty going on without a single movement; my brain is obviously just missing something.

Thanks.

;)

Dear Inka,

Elmer the patchwork elephant ? remember ?

My sketch lacks colour (which I had intended for a long time) . Maybe one day when I am in the mood.

He is stuck in one of the shophouses (a distinctive architectural heritage of a building typology where I live.)

These buildings are usually really old and fragile and Elmer is threatening the collapse of these owners' (frantic) shophouse.

Elmer remains happy and clueless .....

There are some shophouses here that are as small as an elephant - nose to tail !

Cheers :P

instagram

Dear Inka,

Elmer the patchwork elephant ? remember ?

My sketch lacks colour (which I had intended for a long time) . Maybe one day when I am in the mood.

He is stuck in one of the shophouses (a distinctive architectural heritage of a building typology where I live.)

These buildings are usually really old and fragile and Elmer is threatening the collapse of these owners' (frantic) shophouse.

Elmer remains happy and clueless .....

There are some shophouses here that are as small as an elephant - nose to tail !

Cheers :P

Thank you for the explanation.

You didn't have your location under your Avatar or in your profile, so I didn't know where you live.

I didn't ever see the TV show, never knew there was a Disney short story, or ever read any of the books about Elmer here in the U.S., so I was clueless.

I had read books like "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" when I was in grade school and our TV shows were most likely different from BBC and similar areas overseas from me.

I had to look up "Elmer the Patchwork Elephant" using a Seach engine and found a Wiki definition here, with a cover shot of the book showing Elmer in color.

There's also a Link to the "Official Site" on Wiki but here's the direct Link.

Awesome, I've just learned something new today, I strive to do so every day.

Thanks!

:thumbup:

If you are referring to the happy dogs sketch, those are not my creations, but redrawn from looking at the original illustrations. I can't remember the kid's book.

I don't have the talent to caricaturise (is there such a word?) . :embarrassed_smile:

Oh man, dont be so humble,

if you can redraw you can draw, and if you believe you dont, just copy, copy or even trace with the original under your paper and after working so hard you will start to understand why the lines go here and there and will become better illustrator.

I met illustrator Luis Royo and he said as an advice:

(read with Master Joda voice:)

"You must draw and get dirty around 100 papers per day. If you do that, you will realize that perhaps ONE of them is not just b******t"

Great Master said

Edited by GonZoneStudio

Oh man, dont be so humble,

if you can redraw you can draw, and if you believe you dont, just copy, copy or even trace with the original under your paper and after working so hard you will start to understand why the lines go here and there and will become better illustrator.

I met illustrator Luis Royo and he said as an advice:

(read with Master Joda voice:)

"You must draw and get dirty around 100 papers per day. If you do that, you will realize that perhaps ONE of them is not just b******t"

Great Master said

Hi G,

The issue is giving credit (to that illustrator) where its due .

:)

rgds

instagram

• 4 weeks later...

Read this morning where Bob Bogle of ‘The Ventures’ passed away at age 75.

Anyone who’s into surf music—regardless of age—probably knows who Wilson & Bogle are.

So thanks for some great tunes Bob.

Bob Bogle

January 16, 1934 – June 14, 2009

Gone but not forgotten!

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/BeSquare_bucket/Bogle_Tribute.jpg

arteest stuff: Dix pencil & whetstone ; Binder 'super needle' nib on Pel m605 ; Bristol 100# smooth

Here is a doodle I made earlier today:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs117.snc1/4854_90303719062_595269062_1946922_8198441_n.jpg

Original is about 3" wide, made with a B nib rOtring 600 using Montblanc BB.

Read this morning where Bob Bogle of ‘The Ventures’ passed away at age 75.

Anyone who’s into surf music—regardless of age—probably knows who Wilson & Bogle are.

So thanks for some great tunes Bob.

Bob Bogle

January 16, 1934 – June 14, 2009

Gone but not forgotten!

arteest stuff: Dix pencil & whetstone ; Binder 'super needle' nib on Pel m605 ; Bristol 100# smooth

RIP, Mr. Bogle. I love the expression you captured on his face.

Cool. Kind of has an impressionistic look to it imo. How much time did you spend on it? Just curious…

RIP, Mr. Bogle. I love the expression you captured on his face.

Thanks. Doesn't really look like him & his hair 'grew' as I was drawing for 'shock' effect but hey... it’s the thought that counts right!

--Bruce

Cool. Kind of has an impressionistic look to it imo. How much time did you spend on it? Just curious…

--Bruce

Didn't really notice the time passing but it wasn't that long, less than five minutes?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/nonnaturallefhandedness.jpg

I used my black Parker Duofold Single band Flat top senior with burgundy mist private reserve ink.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/calligraphy.jpg

I used my lapis lazulis Parker Duofold Single band Flat top senior with florida blue waterman ink

I draw both a while ago using my non predominant hand.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 weeks later...

Some sketches I did this past weekend while at Disney's California Adventure with the grandkids. Pen used; Esterbrook M2 with a 2048 nib filled with Swishmix Midnight Black.

post-6714-1246416827_thumb.jpgpost-6714-1246416916_thumb.jpg

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

Very cool, pm... and georges, beautiful writing and sketches. I like both those inks but only have the FL Blue.