Selling to a buyer with unconfirmed address---

penspouse

Thanks for all your advice. The buyer was willing to pay a little more. I shipped it Priority Mail, Insured, with signature confirmation return receipt. The package is to be returned to me if undeliverable. My fingers are crossed.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penspouse

• streeton

• Format

• printhardcopy

Printhardcopy, there is no such thing as the Sellers side of humanity and the Buyers side of humanity. There are many fine buyers and sellers on ebay but the disgraceful don't discrimninate between being a Buyer or being a Seller - it matters not to them which side of the fence they are on.

I do not have a confirmed Paypal address and can not get one because I do not use a credit card to pay for my purchases, but instead use a bank transfer. I do however have an excellent high rating which is clearly visible to anyone I might purchase from through E-Bay.

Printhardcopy, there is no such thing as the Sellers side of humanity and the Buyers side of humanity. There are many fine buyers and sellers on ebay but the disgraceful don't discrimninate between being a Buyer or being a Seller - it matters not to them which side of the fence they are on.

Please do not get me wrong. there are bad seller as well and I got many wonderful buyers too. As penpouse is seeking advice as a seller, therefore i got to warn him about the danger i face sometime and trying to share.

However, the problem between seller and buyer will never end.

Below is one of the example, after i reply that investigation is done, no reply after that.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd307/billovee/FPN/problem.jpg

Edited by printhardcopy

WhatsApp me at +65 93682205 For Faster Reply

http://goo.gl/GAvll Classified Sales in FPN

http://stores.ebay.com/A-Pen-Hardcopy Ebay Store USA

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/A-Pen-Hardcopy Ebay Store UK

Old Sale Thread with Feedbacks From Customers.

The frustration is that a lot of Ebay sellers nominate Worldwide shipping then say to paypal verified addresses only. As I have previously pointed out Verified addresses are almost exclusive to USA/Canada, so why nominate Worldwide when almost nobody outside North America can have a Verified address. Just doesn't make any sense. :unsure:

Printhardcopy - point taken.

Edited by streeton

I am a frequent PayPal user. and I reside in Asia, SINGAPORE. One funny thing about my address in Paypal State "Non verified address" I question Why?????? And deep in my heart I knew that Our local address are Most confirmed and never change That mean anyone in SINGAPORe with a Paypal account should be a "PayPal verified address" We don't moved house all the time. But Paypal can't answer my question but the only answer given as a PayPal verified address only for oversea??????

I think on the safe side for a seller is to question the buyer of the intend shipping ways and put in print. So if any goes wrongs ,you have the print to proof your case.

Is the buyer's Ohio address confirmed at Paypal,not just one she uses there? She'd have to be getting her credit card statements there too, not just packages.Might be this is too risky for you the seller. I'd ask her to western union the payment and then you wouldn't have to worry about a paypal issue.

I have a verified UK address and an unverified one in Spain, where I spend most of my time.

I have rarely had any difficulty getting purchases sent to Spain, although some of the courier companies think ...incorrectly.. that my address, which includes the words "The Post Box" means that it's an 'unmanned' post-box, whereas it's actually a rented box in a 'shop', so there's always someone there to sign-for deliveries. I have had to explain this quite often!

Buying & selling on FPN has never caused me significant problems ...it's just paying for the shipping costs, and hoping that the US Customs/Postal Service don't 'lose' it :rolleyes:

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Below is one of the example, after i reply that investigation is done, no reply after that.

So, what happened in the above instance?

• 2 weeks later...

So, what happened in the above instance?

I purchased a vintage watch from UK a couple of years ago using Royal Mail international signed for.When I received the package and was walking away I noticed

there was USPS express mail tape wrapped in one end.I thought that the seller was so cheap he used this tape to secure the package.Hold on a moment this comes

from UK I thought there is no USPS tape there.Turned around and in front of the clerk I opened the package and guess what no watch.If you do not open it in front

of the clerk there is no claim.Please open all package in front of the clerk to examine the contents before leaving the PO.

i shipped some stuff to germany a couple months ago (to bo-bo actually) and it got there, in what, a week tops. i was surprised at how quickly he got my pack. actually, i think we both shipped out on the same day and i got mine a day after he got his.

ETA: My listing stated shipping to CONUS. The buyer asked for shipping costs for untracked shipping.

If I were you, I would not send to an unconfirmed address AND I would not use untrackable shipping. You need to know when the pen arrives and the buyer should want the package to be trackable in case there are any problems. Untrackable shipping is not safe for either buyer or seller.

Oh, I should say that I speak as a buyer and, as a buyer, I prefer insured, trackable shipping.

Edited by elysee

I think there are several countries in which you cannot confirm your address with PayPal. In fact I was unable to confirm my address here in Canada until a couple years ago. Confirmed addresses were limited to US customers for quite a long time.