Has Baystate Blue damaged your Lamy?

bpendleton

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a Lamy that's been damaged (requiring repair, not temporarily and fixed by cleaning) while using Baystate Blue in it?

• Yes, repaired under warranty service
    • Yes, not repaired
    • No, but I flush BSB out regularly
    • No, I regularly leave BSB in my Lamy
    • No, I have never used BSB in my Lamy

:rolleyes: :hmm1: Thankfully it's a problem I will never have, having read of the smoke, and being a Shading Ink Heretic. As far as I can tell that ink just don't Shade At All.

THAT'S IT! I'M SHUTTING DOWN THIS THREAD! :roflmho:

But seriously, what is a "shading ink heretic". I'm getting the feeling it means the opposite of my first interpretation.

I love shading inks (as, it seems, you do) and yeah, BSB is not a shader. Now, I like some saturated inks as well. Just depends on my mood. I see no shading in Ku-Jaku for example - but then I have it a really wet writer. BEEUUUTEEFUL.

I'll have to try it in a dry writer sometime. Or better yet, my flexy or semi-flex nibs. Uh. I'm talking about Ku-Jaku. I don't have BSB. I get migraines just looking at it. :rolleyes:

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Possum Hill

• tanesiir

• KCat

• bpendleton

It is very interesting to me a very casual student of religion to see the religious fervor attached to this ink.

Why can't some people just accept that other people like the ink, and not get bent out of shape over it, or add demeaning comments about those who do?

It is very interesting to me a very casual student of religion to see the religious fervor attached to this ink.

Why can't some people just accept that other people like the ink, and not get bent out of shape over it, or add demeaning comments about those who do?

At the time of this entry, there are more people using BSB who are reporting damage than not.

Why can't some people just accept that other people have had problems with the ink, and not get bent out of shape over it, or add demeaning comments about those who did?

At the time of this entry, there are more people using BSB who are reporting damage than not.

Why can't some people just accept that other people have had problems with the ink, and not get bent out of shape over it, or add demeaning comments about those who did?

And I think that sums up both camps very well. Shall we move on?

Pretty Please? With Iroshizuku on top? ('Cause that's my new obsession). To heck with sugar! I want ink.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Although it is now 17:16 in favor of the non-damaged, I don't doubt that BSB in a pen with either poor quality parts or residues from an incompatible ink might have serious issues. OTOH, there have been too many happy users (myself included) to solely blame BSB.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

What does that have to do with the quoted text? You seem real offended by anyone who doesn't passionately hate BSB. But, sorry, I don't. I don't have any religious fervor about that, I just like the color.