• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• junoro

• wspohn

• Silvermink

• blopplop

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd have to say that right now, my most beautiful pen is my TWSBI Micarta. The more I use it the the more beautiful it becomes to me. The micarta, through a bit of use, has taken on a quality of wood. There's a grainy look to it, although you can still see the linen pattern beneath it. It's the feel that really attracts me. It just "feels" warmer than plastic or metal pens. Even lacquer covered pens, which feel different to me than straight plastic, aren't as comfortable as the micarta. That's what makes it beautiful, at least to me.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have just gotten my Visconti Limited Edition Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Imperial Ruby and I think it is the most beautiful pen I have.

• 1 month later...

Here is a new acquisition of mine -- a rare ST Dupont red XL Montparnasse pen (see photos below). It comes with an 18K medium nib, CC filler which I like for ease of cleaning and changing inks. The Chinese lacquer is exquisitely done and is warm to the hand. The pen is an excellent smooth writer, smooth as butter and is always on every time, from the moment I took it out of the box and inked it up. I am a very happy man for adding this wonderful pen to my growing collecion of ST Dupont pens. It is the most beautiful pen in my collection.

post-83563-0-56586500-1354289638.jpg

post-83563-0-27707800-1354289654.jpg

post-83563-0-77120700-1354289745.jpg

post-83563-0-53656200-1354289764.jpg

Wow, that's a toss up as I just bought a new one and it is really beautiful! But I am torn between it and my Nakaya Cigar Decapod Aka-Tamenuri AND my newest one an Omas Aubugine MiLord, with a Extra Flessibile nib! That is the correct spelling on the nib! It is an absolute special writer!!! the pen is purple in color with Rosé Gold accents and a Rose Gold Nib! Decisions, Decisions, Decisionsroflmho.gif

My most recent purchase.

Classic Pen Prototype...Tiger Eye

John Mottishaw 0.7mm Cursive Italic 18K Flexible Nib

Just noticed this post. I also love that old Sheaffer acrylic material and was pleased when some old stock became available. I have a one-off Classic Pens model using it as well, in my case the new Mythos pen shape with the tapered sides. It looks fabulous - I'll have to look around and see if I have a photo somewhere!

It occurs to me that I haven't posted a pic of one of my most handsome pens - a prototype Classic ZJ2 in the Mythos oversize 6" size with a nib that dwarfs most others. Nib is a Binder Italifine with 0.5 italic one side and XXF on the other.

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/wspohn/Pens/zj2b-1.jpg

Edited by wspohn

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

I have a Parker Duofold Centennial in Pearl and Black, from the late 1980's-- sometimes I just take it out and twirl it under the desk lamp to see the pearlescent rivulets glimmer back at me :wub:

Currently inked:

Smoke TWSBI 540, F, with Diamine Onyx Black

Pilot Prera, M, with De Atramentis Jules Verne

I have a Parker Duofold Centennial in Pearl and Black, from the late 1980's-- sometimes I just take it out and twirl it under the desk lamp to see the pearlescent rivulets glimmer back at me

I have the same pen and it is one of my wife's favourites! I favour XF nibsbut she likes the odd broad. The one I have has a B stub that she has a lot of fun with.

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

Hah. That's an easy one:

- Delta Dolce Vita Oversize if you're into colors

- Visconti Homo Sapiens if you like a nice, warm, dark grey monolithic look which just seems to capture the light around it like a black-hole and never give it back.

Edited by Hellmut

"There is a kind of magical feature to writing: the ability to stand the test of time. As such, it is our gateway to Eternity".

"For a hand that can hold a featherless baby bird and not make bird paste, then a vintage pen is the best way to fly".

My most beautiful pen (at least to me) is my Conway Stewart Coronet Celebration (eyedropper version). Such a great finish for a black pen.

http://www.mvburke.com/limitededitionsfldr/celebrationcoronet.htm

Oh yes and my sub $100 choice is my Skyline Green moire.

Edited by floydee1

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

Most expensive, most beautiful pen: my M900 (green).

Least expensive, most beautiful pen: my M215.

Middling thing: my Sahara.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)