Bossert & Erhard

Nikolas Leo

Hello to everybody!

Does anybody heard somethng about Bossert & Erhard writing instruments? I've got a very good pen from the said brand but there's almost zero infromation about it in internet. B&E available since 1919 and I know that they supply some parts to famous brands.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikolas Leo

• ulay95

• Tancred

• Dib

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just checked a few places I look and, same as you, no luck. You might try posting this in the "Pen History" forum with a picture or two as that might juggle some memories. Good Luck.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

:W2FPN: Sorry, no information, but welcome.

" If you judge people, you have no time to love them. There is more hunger in the world for love and appreciation than for bread. "....Mother Teresa

Assuming you have the B&E website, you could contact the company?

I have seen some references to Bossert & Erhard on the FPN, so someone here will know more.

http://www.bossert-erhard.com/b_02.htm

http://www.fountainpenemporium.com/German-Made-Silver-Fountain-Pen-p/bane.htm

http://www.fountainpenemporium.com/Bossert-and-Erhard-German-Vermeil-Pen-set-p/bandegldst.htm

I have one too - marvelous pen!! A pic of it is on my website.

Here is what my website states about the brand:

Bossert & Erhard is world renowned for it's craftsmanship, using translucent enamel and sterling silver to create one of the most unique writing instruments available. Distributed on an exclusive basis to jewelers and manufacturers/dealers of high-end writing instruments, these exquisite pens could easily be called the Mercedes-Benz of writing instruments. In fact, they are manufactured in a plant not far from the famed carmaker's facilities in Stuttgart. Founded in 1919 in Baden-Wurtenberg by savvy businessman Christian Bossert and clever technician August Erhard, the company initially produced a variety of executive personal accessories including desk pads, manicure sets and fountain pens with a draw and twist mechanism. Today, the company's exquisite line of elegant and distinguished pens features the highest quality refill mechanisms with nibs that are made for the exclusive use of Bossert & Erhard. And like the famed Mercedes Benz, the quality of a Bossert & Erhard writing instrument is beyond compare.

I only have a couple of rollerballs, sterling barleycorn and alternating black lacquer stripes. I was told many years ago that B&E did alot of the sterling overlays for Mont Blanc, I haven't been able to verify that. A good friend of mine does have one of their fountain pens and he always raves about it; very reliable, pretty flexible nib, I believe they're all cartridge/converter fill.

Thanks to all of you for the information and links!

To: jkrewalk

I looked though your collection. It's really great. I found some new brands with instruments which I like very much. And of course many thanks for the information about B&E.

• 4 years later...

Bossert & Erhard produce pens for Krone - at least the metal ones, not sure about the plastic ones. They also used to make pens for Michael Perchin before that company ceased trading. Their products are very good quality - I have the Krone sterling silver fountain pen and it's of a very high standard.

three pens made by Bossert & Erhard, in Pforzheim and Mühlacker:

a modern ballpen, also made for dunhill,

a four colour pencil, alos made for Montblanc,

a small safety

post-7054-0-57403900-1418321605_thumb.jpg

I search for all pens and informations made in Pforzheim, e.g. Sarastro, Fend

• 2 years later...