What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

A variety of pangrams written with a variety of pens and inks. Just a few days ago it seemed to me that I had overcome the jerkiness that sometimes besets my hand, but it seems to have returned.

fpn_1435189832__handwriting.jpg

I love pangrams, too!

fpn_1435359688__2015-06-26_185621.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

I love pangrams, too!

fpn_1435359688__2015-06-26_185621.jpg

Oh, getting sophisticated in languages, are we?

Wasn't "ß" replaced with "ss" in the recent German spelling reform? (Not that I don't grimace when I see, e.g., "Strasse" instead of "Straße.")

I got some Russian pangrams from the Russian Wikipedia; unfortunately, I can't quite figure out what they mean, and neither can Google Translate!

Oh, getting sophisticated in languages, are we?

Wasn't "ß" replaced with "ss" in the recent German spelling reform? (Not that I don't grimace when I see, e.g., "Strasse" instead of "Straße.")

I got some Russian pangrams from the Russian Wikipedia; unfortunately, I can't quite figure out what they mean, and neither can Google Translate!

I only took a couple of semesters of German, and as I recall (I may be completely mistaken!), "ss" is used in certain circumstances, while the ß is kept in certain other circumstances. That's what I recall from class, at least...

And the Russian pangram here asks something about whether oranges come from southern forests, yes, but only the false kind. Or something along those lines. I haven't had any Russian for many, many years.

Here's a great listing, if you want other samples as well: http://clagnut.com/blog/2380/

attachicon.gifIMG_2016.JPG

I'd like to offer a sample of my handwriting. I've really enjoyed the samples from everyone.

I love your handwriting - beautiful and clean, with style.

Edited by DavidHoward

Me chicken scratch......to follow......................................

fpn_1435536966__aqualung.jpg

Fred

The bullets were above me..and the sharks were below me.

~ Mike Nelson

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag175/ink00/54_zpsrpidnoft.png

"On every dishonest man,there are two watchmen,his possessions and his way of living."

Hazrat Umar bin Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)

I only took a couple of semesters of German, and as I recall (I may be completely mistaken!), "ss" is used in certain circumstances, while the ß is kept in certain other circumstances. That's what I recall from class, at least...

And the Russian pangram here asks something about whether oranges come from southern forests, yes, but only the false kind. Or something along those lines. I haven't had any Russian for many, many years.

Here's a great listing, if you want other samples as well: http://clagnut.com/blog/2380/

The German spelling was reformed a couple of years ago. Both "ss" and "ß" are used to write unvoiced /s/ whereas as simple "s" is voiced /z/ (at least in the Northern part of Germany. People in Bavaria or Austria do not use voiced s-sounds)

"ss" is used if the preceding vowel is short: dass (not the article, but a conjunction), Fass, lassen, Gassen, Fluss

"ß" is used after long vowels or diphthongs like "ei", "au" etc.: außer, heißt, beißen, Maß etc.

The old spelling was kind of irregular: der Fluß (Sg.), die Flüsse (Pl.) or ich muß, sie müssen and now we have got der Fluss, die Flüsse an dich muss. Easier, isn't it.

It was really difficult for me not to write "daß" anymore.

By the way, Straße is only spelt with "ss" if all the letters are capitalised like in STRASSE as there is no capital ß (a word cannot begin with this sound, hence there is no letter, although people tried to introduce it...)

Andreas

The German spelling was reformed a couple of years ago. Both "ss" and "ß" are used to write unvoiced /s/ whereas as simple "s" is voiced /z/ (at least in the Northern part of Germany. People in Bavaria or Austria do not use voiced s-sounds)

"ss" is used if the preceding vowel is short: dass (not the article, but a conjunction), Fass, lassen, Gassen, Fluss

"ß" is used after long vowels or diphthongs like "ei", "au" etc.: außer, heißt, beißen, Maß etc.

The old spelling was kind of irregular: der Fluß (Sg.), die Flüsse (Pl.) or ich muß, sie müssen and now we have got der Fluss, die Flüsse an dich muss. Easier, isn't it.

It was really difficult for me not to write "daß" anymore.

By the way, Straße is only spelt with "ss" if all the letters are capitalised like in STRASSE as there is no capital ß (a word cannot begin with this sound, hence there is no letter, although people tried to introduce it...)

Ach, so! I learned German when I was in my twenties (which was a long time ago), and have not gone back since then to see what I need to re-learn, beyond reading a few news reports when the changes in spelling were made. I'm glad to know that "Straße" still has a scharfes S in it.

Nice quote. Is that a TWSBI Diamond 580?

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

fpn_1435707924__uhave2stepituphollymarti

Fred

nihil sequitur geminis ex particularibus unquam

Is it safe? ~ {s}Zell

George! ~ Harry Von Zell

I am using Guider Marala today.... Ebonite Eyedropper Fountain Pen

Handmade in India including the nib...

And my handwriting looks like this

fpn_1435735393__11204865_101528500595923

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Nice quote. Is that a TWSBI Diamond 580?

Yup. The Rose Gold model.

Ink capacity is amazing and it's a smooth reliable writer, right out of the box. I can't say enough about this pen.

This ink is Noodler's Liberty's Elysium which is also very praise worthy. Thanks for the response.

Just a sample.

post-109472-0-15038400-1435781823.jpg

No man is a slave unless he is willing to be bought by another. (EP)

I am using Guider Marala today.... Ebonite Eyedropper Fountain Pen

Handmade in India including the nib...

And my handwriting looks like this

fpn_1435735393__11204865_101528500595923

Your handwriting is quite nice BUT I am more fond of your print. I have a friend of many years (also an architect) & his letters/post cards are always so crisp & enjoyable (besides being so easy to read!) I always associate this attractive printing with him & it is a pleasure because I have enjoyed both his friendship & also for the last 20 years an addition he designed for my house that has made it an even greater pleasure. You both make the world a nicer place by your professions.

Your handwriting is quite nice BUT I am more fond of your print. I have a friend of many years (also an architect) & his letters/post cards are always so crisp & enjoyable (besides being so easy to read!) I always associate this attractive printing with him & it is a pleasure because I have enjoyed both his friendship & also for the last 20 years an addition he designed for my house that has made it an even greater pleasure. You both make the world a nicer place by your professions.

Thank you so much sir....

Huge compliment....

Soon will share my next handwriting sample this time in print ....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

It's not my usual handwriting but this is my attempt with Gothic.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9rEW3r8B2SQ/VZRDZENZ0UI/AAAAAAAAAzs/eNAZn4O2JNo/s1600/Gothic_03.jpg

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18