What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

think it is slowly improving. Very slowl. These lines really help a lot too.

To be quite honest the lines and the thin nib completely and utterly transform your writing up several degrees of legibility.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

Thank you for the compliment.

Please call me Nathan. It is a pleasure to meet you.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/tez-chan/handwriting1_zpsa8d5ddd7.jpg

I have a long way to go. :embarrassed_smile:

I'll have a Brandy Alexander, please.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/tez-chan/handwriting1_zpsa8d5ddd7.jpg

I have a long way to go. :embarrassed_smile:

You achieved your purpose! It's extremely legible and it looks quite nice!

_________

Susi

from Sydney, then Byron Bay, now Gold Coast, Qld, Australia

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/TMH26/EC0AB62C-A8BD-4088-B48B-79558BE342D9-1176-000000D01B8BD0E8.jpg

My semi-speed script

Current pens:

Parker IM Med Modern nib

Esterbrook 9550 XF nib

Parker 21 Fine nib

Chineese Fuguilong 1001 Med nib

3x Liquid Bold Fountain Pens Med nib

Hey all :) I'm new to the forum just thought I would share a sample! Over the course of the last month I've been working to alter the style of my writing to something more legible and consistent, my styles have always been a mashup of things I liked from other samples I saw!

I've just been trying to find a sample of my usual writing at work but I can't find anything, I'm going to try and find some to post later on when I get home :)

Here are some notes I've taken at work after spending approximately a month teaching (attempting to teach is probably more accurate) myself a sort of cursive italic!

The first one was with a biro and the other with a Pentel rollerball, I'm aware of the sin I'm committing here and as much as I want even a half decent fountain pen, I can't afford one yet :( so I'm just writing with whatever I can get my mits on!

sample1.jpg

sample2.JPG

Edited by jimmyroot

The first one was with a biro and the other with a Pentel rollerball, I'm aware of the sin I'm committing here and as much as I want even a half decent fountain pen, I can't afford one yet :( so I'm just writing with whatever I can get my mits on!

Wow! That's SUCH interesting handwriting! Incredibly neat and full of style! I really like it.

I cut my teeth as a teen on very inexpensive fountain pens and continued to buy them for the next 40 years, interspersed with more expensive ones. Quite a few of the cheapies write as well or better than the more expensive ones. Since I joined eBay in 2001, the world has opened up and the choice almost limitless. You could scour this forum for some suggestions.

_________

Susi

from Sydney, then Byron Bay, now Gold Coast, Qld, Australia

If you want a super cheap ballpoint pen that writes amazingly smooth, the Parker Trotter can be found at most Staples stores (or stores of the like) for around $5-6. You can buy red, blue, black and possibly even brown ink cartridges for it as well.

If you want a very thin nib for a fountain pen, the XF cross solo for ~$20 is an excellent choice. If you don't care much, there are several chinese pens available for $7-10. There's even a $14 chinese flex pen that behaves absolutely horrid (needs a ton of pressure) but is still extremely fun to play around with.

Thanks Byronss, you're too kind! I'm far too self critical, never happy with the end result but at least it pushes me to keep trying. I want to find some Capitals that I'm comfortable with as they are a bit inconsistent at the moment, also I couldn't flourish if my life depended on it so that's next on my list of learnies :)

Also thank you for your suggestions...I will have a nose round the forum to see what other's are buying. I've had a few brief window shopping sessions on eBay, but felt like I needed some direction as the choice is vast! I have a bad feeling that once I take the plunge I won't be able to stop :)

thang1thang2, thanks for your input...I was wondering if there was a cheapish flex pen that I could get my hands on to experiment with...I'll have a look and see if I can source one like you mentioned when I have some cash. Meanwhile those rollerballs you mentioned will suit me very well until I can spend out a little more on a proper fountain! Thanks for the recommendation :D

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9716/image0137f.jpg Edited by dragos.mocanu

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

Here's my everyday handwriting - executed not too carefully, nor with great haste ...

BBUIqhyCMAAilAu.jpg

Penmanship is a work in progress for me.

Believe it or not, the above is a huge improvement over my handwriting prior to six months ago, when I spent some time working with the Getty/Dubay italic workbook. I'll have to put together and before-and-after image.

And I should add: the top is Aurora Blue written with a Parker 51; the rest is Laywine's Christmas 2011 in a Lamy Safari (F); all on a Winnable composition book and distorted beyond meaning by LoMob on my crappy iPod camera :)

Edited by moylek

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

Been practicing about a year. Here is a quick sample written at normal speed. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!!!

post-82020-0-43452900-1359241059.jpg

Hey all :) I'm new to the forum just thought I would share a sample! Over the course of the last month I've been working to alter the style of my writing to something more legible and consistent, my styles have always been a mashup of things I liked from other samples I saw!

I've just been trying to find a sample of my usual writing at work but I can't find anything, I'm going to try and find some to post later on when I get home :)

Here are some notes I've taken at work after spending approximately a month teaching (attempting to teach is probably more accurate) myself a sort of cursive italic!

I absolutely hate this sample. It's too...too...what's the word...neat...like it could've been done with an IBM Selectric typewriter (google that!), with one of those special typeset ball thingies. Yeah, I don't like this at all, mostly because I CAN'T DO IT...yet.

Here it goes...

This is terrible, but hey

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4880/scannedimage0.jpg

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill