What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

Looking forward to this! You'll let all of us know?

Doug

This is a very difficult area, Doug, as I'm not allowed to mention any commercial venture, other than to answer a question if asked. For example, the query about the possibility of a book on 'edged pens' allowed me to make a brief reply - but no more than that.

When the book is ready, all I can do is add an image in my signature (without comment), and refer anyone interested, to my website.

There is no logical place in 'classified' to post this information as the content is all about pens and related materials.

If this post infringes the rules, I expect that it will be removed!

Thanks for your interest.

Ken

Your conscientiousness is much appreciated. I'm sure commercial prohibitions are to help keep FPN a friendly and useful information exchange rather than a loud and rowdy marketplace. The Classfieds do have a "Various Items" category, but some people -- me for instance -- rarely visit the Classifieds. I'm trying to remember how I found out Mattias had his book for sale...

Oh, here's the post by Mattias in the "FPN Art Gallery" thread which I think can be emulated. I'll go check with the other mods...

Doug

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

I'm sure commercial prohibitions are to help keep FPN a friendly and useful information exchange rather than a loud and rowdy marketplace. The Classfieds do have a "Various Items" category, but some people -- me for instance -- rarely visit the Classifieds. Oh, here's the post by Mattias in the "FPN Art Gallery" thread which I think can be emulated.

Thanks Doug.

I certainly agree with the above sentiment about keeping FPN just as it is.

I'm sure that you understand my predicament. I'm not sure that the FPN Art Gallery is the right place for this, as it's all about fountain pen art. Like yourself, I rarely look at 'Market Place' or 'Classified' and I don't think that they are appropriate places for this, anyway.

As it directly relates to Pernmanship, I feel that the briefest mention of the existence of the project and being pointed to my website, does no harm - but I'm more than happy to comply with the rules as they are all for our benefit.

Also, if I'm asked specific questions on the subject, I understand that I am allowed

to respond - is that correct?

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Ken

As it directly relates to Pernmanship, I feel that the briefest mention of the existence of the project and being pointed to my website, does no harm - but I'm more than happy to comply with the rules as they are all for our benefit.

Also, if I'm asked specific questions on the subject, I understand that I am allowed

Yes, I think this is perfectly appropriate, within the letter and spirit of our rules.

I'm very eagerly awaiting your handbook's publication.

Doug

Edited by HDoug

Just ordered your book on copperplate by the way. Would love to see you do a book on edged pens.

Much appreciated, Bronze and I hope that you like the Copperplate book.

With regard to your comment on 'edged pens' ; at the moment, I'm working on a handbook of 'Italic Variations' as a basis for personal handwriting. I'm making good progress and it should be finished in a month or so.

caliken

That is excellent news, and from your description it seems to be just what I was hoping for.

Some days, I really love the internet.

I am very much looking forward to the handbook :)

I'm sure commercial prohibitions are to help keep FPN a friendly and useful information exchange rather than a loud and rowdy marketplace. The Classfieds do have a "Various Items" category, but some people -- me for instance -- rarely visit the Classifieds. Oh, here's the post by Mattias in the "FPN Art Gallery" thread which I think can be emulated.

Thanks Doug.

I certainly agree with the above sentiment about keeping FPN just as it is.

I'm sure that you understand my predicament. I'm not sure that the FPN Art Gallery is the right place for this, as it's all about fountain pen art. Like yourself, I rarely look at 'Market Place' or 'Classified' and I don't think that they are appropriate places for this, anyway.

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Ken

Yes, Ken, that's still true...If someone asks you a question about your book, you're allowed to respond.

:) Ann

Yes, Ken, that's still true...If someone asks you a question about your book, you're allowed to respond.

Thanks, Ann

Time to join the pack, I guess.

Two years ago I switched from italic (which is still in the shape I was taught on elementary school) to print for two reasons - the italic looked horrible, and more interestingly - I had to begin using print because of university - we had to learn the phonetic transription and stuff, and there was no other way than use print.

Today I think that my italic is not even worth showing to you, it looks horrible. So here is the print, which is not horrible, but still kind of...bad. I know that I keep writing on a downward slope, but at the same time I don't like lined paper.

I'll use this as an opportunity to ask for pointers. What should I improve? Everywhere I guess, so let me put it better - where should I start improving?

(This page wasn't written in a hurry, but I wasn't focusing on writing "nicely")

post-70820-0-39499800-1309771135.jpg

strict cursory ballpoint with no italic =(

i hope it's legible to others, cause no-one in my high-school except girls can seem to read it :rolleyes:

i have no other ways to take notes at this point, print is painstakingly slow XD

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7828/bahl.png

Edited by Watercycle

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my handwriting is coming along with a very slow progression, and I don't know if thats a good or bad thing. In way's its bad because im not improving as fast as I would like. But at the same time, it's also good because it gives me more time to enjoy my fountain pens and the progression of my penmanship.

Keep in mind folks, im a southpaw, so writing with a fountain pen is a push across the paper and not a pull. :embarrassed_smile:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6029/5983416995_7af24f310f_b.jpg

My handwriting from December 2010 with my first Fountain Pen that I received as a Christmas gift; a Harley Davidson Waterman (medium).

Most of this was written with a ballpoint pen, but the bolder, darker ink was written with the Fountain Pen.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6121/5983417001_f98f07b362_b.jpg

This is my handwriting after 7 month's. Written with this gray Wearever (fine?) Fountain Pen which was graciously given to me by Jill.

Thank you Jill :happyberet:

(By the way, can anyone ID this particular Wearever by chance? It's a cartridge only fill)

This example is borderline Italic, tipping over into Sloped Roman. The lettering is a bit square and the slope is excessive, so it's a bit of a mongerel. Having said all that, I'm quite pleased with it overall, hence it's appearance here.

caliken

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/caliken_2007/TheWaterofLife600.jpg

Beautiful as always Ken. By the way, I meant to also ask how I can go about purchasing your book on copperplate?

Beautiful as always Ken. By the way, I meant to also ask how I can go about purchasing your book on copperplate?

Thanks, Sniper910.

All four of the items in my signature (below) are available by Paypal to caliken@aol.com

You'll find details of prices etc. on 'Market Watch' and on my website www.caliken.co.uk.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Ken

Edited by caliken

Here is my contribution. I haven't written properly since May, so I'm a little rusty. Beautiful handwriting everyone.

post-34089-0-33840200-1312535251.jpg

post-34089-0-58393700-1312535282.jpg

post-34089-0-69566200-1312535304.jpg

Here's a recent letter I wrote. I'm still looking to improve it and make it a bit more consistent!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6007/6006403809_1c34a74d12_b.jpg

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png "Of all of the instruments of war, diplomacy, and revolution, the pen has been the silent giant determining the fate of nations." -Justin Brundin

My handwriting looks like (bleep). What has been bleeped was not a swear word.

Edited by retro50

"You're dispicable!"

Member: Calgary Pen Club

I have no experience with flexible nibs at all, but one of my medium nibbed pens has some flex to it so I decided to experiment, here's the rather clumsy result. My regular handwriting's at the bottom.

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad360/AnnaCeciliaPhoto/hand.jpg

The clumsy caps are beautiful.

The handwriting of fellow FP users is far more interesting that of the people I know. I hate having to read most people's scribble, but most of what's here is nearly inspirational.

Maybe one day I'll post mine.

Old Sport