What Does Your Handwriting Look Like

thebz1

There are so many beautiful handwriting styles here, with so much character in each!

This is my little contribution, something I whipped up quickly as I don't have anything here. As you can see, I have two very different styles of writing.

I'm at my parents' and I can't find any "good" paper here. I don't even know what I wrote on. I am also running out of ink, so excuse the yuckness. Maybe I'll upload my notes taken during lectures at a later stage, but hopefully this will do for now.

Hey, you've got really nice handwriting and it's very clean and easy to read. :thumbup:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/yuckkie/Scribblings/CDASaffron01.jpg Happy New Year everyone !Leo:thumbup:

This small example of Italic handwriting with underlinked ligatures, was written with a Pelikan M200 fitted with an Italic nib produced by Richard Binder.calikenhttp://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/caliken_2007/Graphicitalic450.jpg

WOW, you both have beautiful handwritings. Caliken your italic is so crisp, smooth and precise it almost looks like a computer font. Apotheosis I love the shading of the ink you have used, is it by any chance Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gake?

Great thread!

Here's an example of my everyday handwriting:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9910/cursive.jpg

:P

Very nice cursive! I see allot of similarity to my own hand! :thumbup:

Gobblecup ~

Warnings for: flippen huge image

Big enough that my handwriting is visible. This is with my only FP, an Aldo Domani.

If I write something now it might look different. I was using the pre-provided ink in this example. Now I've got Waterman Black in this pen. It's a little better than the first one. It has better flow and it's soooooo smooth.

Gah, I can't figure out why it's not letting me display the image directly. So it's link. I got an error earlier.

A sample of mine, pre-carpal-tunnel-syndrome. Pardon the blurriness. It was taken with a cell phone.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2032/1955237681_368d20d6bb.jpg

Not the best ever, but not the worst. I kinda like it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/560483/IMG_20110203_053559.jpg

Second Relativity homework assignment of the semester, circa 5:00 this morning :\. Pilot Falcon (F) with Noodler's Heart of Darkness on Clairefontaine's perforated side wirebound. The (hopefully) blatant difference between my printing and my, ehm, "proper writing" is quite evident. Apologies for having taken the picture with my phone, in any case.

Just signed up for this site and bought my first FP today. I've never given my handwriting much thought until recently.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2hebkt4.jpg

I wrote slowly so my handwriting would be legible. I'm thinking about picking up a non disposable FP soon. Perhaps a Lamy Safari ground to italic cursive. I'm still trying to 'find my style' but I would like to eventually write with a beautiful but clear/legible cursive. I like Leo's example and it looks like it's suited for daily normal writing so I might try to emulate his style

I thought there should be a topic where we post pictures of our handwriting and comment, so I decided to start one. This was a writing sample I posted here for someone about a cursive italic Parker 51 nib.

Woah Blake are you really only 14? That's a classy hand you have. (Hope it doesn't sound patronising, it wasn't meant to be!)

I have no scanner at present so will try and take photos of my writing to put up here.

I have four different hands- my normal handwriting, a "joined up capitals" hand I seem to have inherited from my Dad for lists and notes, my cursive/roundhand "sunday best", and my italic, which I'm quite rusty at and need to practise!

I love looking at handwriting. It's a form of art to me.

Debbie :thumbup:

"I love mankind- it's people I can't stand." Charles M. Shulz

Here's my scrawl, hope you like it... :unsure:

Deb

post-57588-0-98141000-1296927776.jpg

Here are some examples of mine. The first one was part of a draft of an article which has now been published. The second one was my 'doodling' while taking a break from writing the above article.

(Omas Paragon extra fine nib with Diamine Grey)

I looked at this and thought "Leonardo DaVinci" :)

Just signed up for this site and bought my first FP today. I've never given my handwriting much thought until recently.

I wrote slowly so my handwriting would be legible. I'm thinking about picking up a non disposable FP soon. Perhaps a Lamy Safari ground to italic cursive. I'm still trying to 'find my style' but I would like to eventually write with a beautiful but clear/legible cursive. I like Leo's example and it looks like it's suited for daily normal writing so I might try to emulate his style

Good that you've found your way here - this place will be inspirational and helpful, I hope. I can read your writing easily.

It will be interesting to hear what others say, but I'm wondering if a plain nib such as comes with the ordinary Safari (which I think is a very good pen for the money) may be better while you find your style, than an italic nib which is intended for one certain style? Like to hear from some other FPNers on this.

Also recommend getting the converter with the Lamy so that you can experiment with many different inks. Good luck.

...and :W2FPN:

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

Good that you've found your way here - this place will be inspirational and helpful, I hope. I can read your writing easily.

It will be interesting to hear what others say, but I'm wondering if a plain nib such as comes with the ordinary Safari (which I think is a very good pen for the money) may be better while you find your style, than an italic nib which is intended for one certain style? Like to hear from some other FPNers on this.

Also recommend getting the converter with the Lamy so that you can experiment with many different inks. Good luck.

...and :W2FPN:

I'm a newbie but here's my tuppenceworth- personally I can only write in italic with an italic nib, my normal handwriting comes out terribly and takes ages to do. I do apparently hold my pen in an odd way though.

Similarly, I can't write italic with a normal nib, I can't get the grip right because there is no diagonal slope to the stroke.

Madnessman, I find your writing legible and similar to my own cursive, I tend to have fat vowels because that's how I was taught. If you're writing self-taught you're doing well :)

Incidentally, since I've started using a FP again instead of a ballpoint, I find myself automatically writing in cursive. It just feels like the natural thing to do- the ink flows so my writing flows. What do you think?

Debbie x

Hi all !

I'm newby here (I mean I registrered today, but I have lurked FPN for months ;) ), and I feel this is a nice thread for a first post.

Here you have several exemples of my "normal" (i.e. not taking care) handwritting. I have always loved fountain pens. I learned to write

with them, in an age of everybody learned with a ballpoint. My teachers found it was a nasty habit, but I guess I was a bit stubborn...

I haven't a nice clean handwritting, but with a fouintain pen at least I am able to read myself, when I use a ballpoint pen I'm unable

to decrypt myself :D

http://www.lostinbrittany.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/images/2011-02/20110207-01.jpg